Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Things start to get a little hectic for our friends. shock

I'm not talking about the wedding either!

Comments are always welcomed! hyper

Last edited by Morgana; 04/13/15 03:07 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

There was sure a lot going on in this chapter. Your research into the wedding customs of Nigeria was very thorough. A red veil! The things that the groom and his family have to go through, amazing.

Our favorite couple got the interview and have been favorably impressed. Way to go Ms. Milan!

I'm sure you will forgive me when I say that the next chapter is my favorite. Can't wait.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
Very interesting - has Lex really changed though his time on New Krypton? It certainly seems so. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out. I liked the details about Nigerian wedding customs, too. Great cliffhanger! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
KenJ

While doing the research for this story I was amazed at how wedding customs differ from country to country. Abrihet and Bernie are marrying in France, we shall see how nuptials are done there as well. It is also very different from what Americans and others are used to.

Yes! Chapter Four is going to be a treat to read! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
While doing the research for this story I was amazed at how wedding customs differ from country to country.

Yes! What is very surprising for me in American wedding customs, it's that someone (her father usually) needs to give the woman to her husband during the ceremony... After all, she is free!

Anyway, Abrihet will be beautiful!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

Sorry, I was most definitely not ignoring your comment!

Very interesting - has Lex really changed though his time on New Krypton? It certainly seems so. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out. I liked the details about Nigerian wedding customs, too. Great cliffhanger!

Lex is at peace here, although it seems hard to imagine, but it is true. More to come.

I love weddings! Doing the research for this part of the story was so much fun. Abrihet was thinking that her earlier choices meant she would have to give up a large part of her childhood dreams. But in the end she knows the love of a good man will help to soothe the pain. Which is why she ran away in the first place!

Yet wait and be patient, all dreams are not lost! More surprises to come.

With those two facing off with each other how could the chapter not end that way! Thanks! smile1

Last edited by Morgana; 04/15/15 10:25 PM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sydney

Yes! What is very surprising for me in American wedding customs, it's that someone (her father usually) needs to give the woman to her husband during the ceremony... After all, she is free!

Anyway, Abrihet will be beautiful!

It is an interesting custom, one which is time honored and very sweet.

Yes! Abrihet will be beautiful! Thanks for finding her wedding gown!

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lex is back with "friends"! shock Did he send some kind of warning or alarm before they left Krypton?

Glad that he has a plan to delay them until Superman arrive. But how will they contact him now? Or are Lois and Clark still near? help

And now Zod wants Lex to fight Aykira! What is he going to do? shock

Are the Kryptonians already super powered or do they need time to adapt? If so, Lex can have a chance to defeat them by himself with Aykira's help, after all they both are armed with swords. grovel

I googled Nigerian brides. So colorful! cool It must be a beautiful wedding! love

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Are the Kryptonians already super powered or do they need time to adapt? If so, Lex can have a chance to defeat them by himself with Aykira's help, after all they both are armed with swords. grovel

I googled Nigerian brides. So colorful! cool It must be a beautiful wedding! love

The answers to your questions will be up either this evening or tomorrow morning, being out of town without my computer has been a royal pain!

The gowns are amazing! notworthy

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh dear! A lot has happened on the boards in the past two weeks!

She spent three Sundays snooping through vintage dresses at consignment shops, quaint boutiques and even the local flea market for the perfect find.
See? Had she married Lex like it was intended in the original universe, she wouldn’t have had that trouble wink

The groom's family usually travels to the home of the bride's family and presents a letter requesting the woman's hand in marriage.
Oooh! A bit like Home Depot?

The evening before the wedding day, the groom's family visits the bride's family again. This visit is to hear the response to the letter that was presented during the introduction ceremony. If a positive response is given, both families are formally introduced to the guests.
And when it isn’t? Sounds like a lot of wedding prep and travelling down the drain eek

Abrihet lowered her voice and said, “Is there any possibility of him returning?”

“Not if my other father-in-law has anything to do with it!” Lois said with a snort.
So, chance of coup happening and Lex returning just went from 60% to about 95%?

“You can see them before your fencing lesson. That ought to give you at least an hour with them.”
Fencing? She really is a lot like Lex!

Besides I need time to dress for my lesson with Joachim and then drive to his building.”
No fencing in the office like Lex did?

but the smell of fresh earth and floral scents so far from ground level was a welcome change of pace to the city’s unpleasant odors, a small, outdoor haven tucked away from the rest of the world.
Plus, all the plants should keep Superman distracted.

but an independent research firm had corroborated her suspicions that the man-on-the-street still distrusted the company.
Carlin Analytics? Also, couldn’t she have special ads circulated in print and television media that contains acrostics and subliminal content? Also, a few wellplaced incidents could instigate public relations nightmares for their competitors. That way, people would no longer think of LexCorp as the worst choice.

two chilled dishes of vanilla ice cream, homemade no doubt and a bowl of Oreo cookies.
Lex? Huh?

Somehow, Lex had discovered her favorite dessert! The fact that he knew her so well was a bit frightening.
Oh. Also, nothing that can’t be achieved by some covert surveillance and a couple dozen well placed cameras in her apartment.

The next morning upon arrival at her office, a note was on her desk, announcing that the marketing position had been given to another executive – a man. She was being ‘promoted’ to LexCorp recycling facilities in Kansas City, effective immediately.
Congratulations! And please don’t forget to have those transparent floorboards on the next floor cleaned regularly.

The man was arrogant enough to think he would live forever and so never groomed anyone to be his successor.
To be fair, he probably had a promising cloning project going.

The very last thing that LexCorp and Aykira Milan needed was the return of Lex Luthor.
wave

Beneath the warder’s confident exterior, Lex sensed tension, perhaps his plans were not as well laid out as he presented them to be.
Also, Lex might be a convenient scapegoat in case something goes wrong.

All he had to do was return to Earth and survive any treachery Dru-Zod planned to bring into play.
laugh Also, does Lex have Kryptonite stashed at his Outback home?

A grimace marred his features when he thought about the arrogant warder. He would use him until he managed to get back to Earth, then there would be a surprise waiting for him and all of his followers.
clap

“Make it forty-five minutes. The Kents understand what company issues I’m dealing with. That amount of time should allow them to write a strong article and not a useless puff piece.
[…]
“Only forty-five minutes, apparently we are being squeezed in, between appointments.”

“Forty-five minutes? That’s not a lot of time; doesn’t she want this to be more than a puff piece?” Clark asked.
Oops? laugh

“Exactly. They are rings with a matching contour design with a ruby in the center we can wear them only as Superman and Ultra Woman.”
Oh boy.

Before anyone noticed what he was doing, Lex touched a stud on the collar of his armor.
[Linked Image] Could he be betraying his co-conspirators?

At that moment she lifted her head up, the very room had suddenly shifted as if the electrical power of lightening filled the air. The sensation was so overwhelming, breathing seemed impossible. In front of the fireplace the air shimmered and for lack of a better word …opened.
Oops? Also, is she going to run him through?

After all, what can any of your kind do to us once Superman and his mate have been disposed of?” Dru-Zod gestured to his followers.
Yeah, about that…

Rubbing his beard he said, “She must mean something to you Lex-Er. Otherwise, why would she be in here? After all you have been gone for over a year.”
Maybe Lex’s other minions had strict guidelines to keep his harem in place during in absence?

“To me loyalty is important, sometimes it is the thing that holds all else in the balance.”
Going to have Lex remove her?

“On guard!” Lex shouted and with a clash of steel the swordplay began.
Oh boy.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow! You know, when I first read this it made me laugh. Yeah, a lot goes on in this part.

Yup, Aykira fences in this story, it is the only way she could have a duel with Lex and have an even chance of surviving!

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard