Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As Promised.

I hope everyone enjoyed looking at Abrihet's engagement ring. As the story progresses there will be more fun pictures on the feedback page.

Comments, both good and bad are more than welcome! peep

Last edited by Morgana; 04/05/15 10:01 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Well done! thumbsup Hmmm...call me a cynic, but that Kryptonite antidote worries me. Nothing is ever that simple. And that flutter that Lois felt after saving the helicopter...yeah, that's going to come back to haunt her. I think some rough waters are ahead, but am confident that you'll wrap it up in a nice, WAFFY, wedding present's bow by the end. laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. What a packed update.

I love how caught up in the wedding Lois is. She's so much more romantic and gentle than she used to be.

Not happy with the little odd sensation she felt, although I've no idea what it could be.

Loved your mention of Dr Irons in regards to the metal grin

Susan could be right about the Kryptonite antidote - it could be too good to be true. I hope not, though.

When's the next posting?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Yes ! You posted the second part!

party

And my favorite quote this time:

They broke into a fit of the giggles as some of the bullpen looked on and then decided to chalk their behavior up to them being ‘old married folks’, despite being married for less than two years.

And this one:

“Scam Ralph, this is a private conversation between my husband and I.” She snarled

I'm not sure to know what "Scam" means, but I love this quote!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's a typo. It should be 'scram'.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Of course! Thanks!

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

Well done! thumbsup Hmmm...call me a cynic, but that Kryptonite antidote worries me. Nothing is ever that simple. And that flutter that Lois felt after saving the helicopter...yeah, that's going to come back to haunt her. I think some rough waters are ahead, but am confident that you'll wrap it up in a nice, WAFFY, wedding present's bow by the end. laugh

Metal X is a simple concept, yet not as simple as it appears on the surface. Stay tuned.

What is that flutter all about? After all, catching a falling aircraft is bound to have an effect on a person - even an invulnerable one. But its so nice to know that Lois was able to shake it off and forget about it.

Yeah, there are some rough waters ahead. But for who? evil

Trust me, this will end with a lovely, waffy filled wedding! love

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
KatherineKent

Wow. What a packed update.

I love how caught up in the wedding Lois is. She's so much more romantic and gentle than she used to be.

Not happy with the little odd sensation she felt, although I've no idea what it could be.

Loved your mention of Dr Irons in regards to the metal grin

Susan could be right about the Kryptonite antidote - it could be too good to be true. I hope not, though.

When's the next posting?

Hi KK! wave

This Lois is the one from Ants at a Picnic she did not experience the trauma of dating and nearly marrying Lex Luthor. Clark never had to go through the awful ordeal of the Kryptonite Cage. Most telling of all, the Daily Planet was not destroyed by a bomb. Throughout this trilogy there are hints of Lex being involved with fighting off Intergang so he did not have time to waste dealing with taking over the Daily Planet.

All that being said, Lois and Clark were able to enjoy a more 'relaxed' courtship, leaving her a hopeless romantic.

Flutterly sensation. Hmmm, everybody is picking up on that ...

Yeah, I am not up on the DC universe as I once was, so you have to thank Anti-Kryptonite for reminding me about him. laugh

This story is jam packed, I did not want to spend years putting it together, so I stopped chasing plot bunnies and concentrated on the essentials.

Next posting should be this Saturday.

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
I have to admit that the part of this story that most intrigues me is the part with Lex. He seems to have changed (but I can sympathize with the desire to be able to walk around without a special suit).

Metal X and Kryptonite ... hmm. For a minute there, I thought you might have Dr. Klein wait to test it on someone other than Lois or Clark (like maybe Zod).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sydney and Ken

Yup, it is scram! Which means 'leave us alone'. A bit of forties slang which seemed to fit perfectly when talking to that low-life Ralph.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

Hi!

I have to admit that the part of this story that most intrigues me is the part with Lex. He seems to have changed (but I can sympathize with the desire to be able to walk around without a special suit).

Metal X and Kryptonite ... hmm. For a minute there, I thought you might have Dr. Klein wait to test it on someone other than Lois or Clark (like maybe Zod).

Everyone has noted the change in Lex, but there is more to come in that regard. Especially with Aykira Milan around.

Metal X will come into its own very soon.

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Time for part 2! hyper

The squeal of happiness that escaped Lois’s lips actually hurt Clark’s sensitive ears. Usually he was able to tune such noises out, but when they emanated from his wife it was impossible.
laugh He’ll have a fun time with kids, I’m guessing.

Members of the Daily Planet’s bullpen also turned to watch as Mad Dog Lane morphed into a giggly teen-ager and wiggled in her seat with glee. Even when The Hottest Team in Town was nominated for a Kerth award for best investigative series she had not been so animated.
Oh dear. Is Clark doing something naughty to her in the middle of the newsroom?

“He got down on one knee and proposed on a bridge? Not too far from the Louvre? Oooh, how romantic!” Another squeal filled the air.
Ah…cross-Atlantic telephone call on company dime.
PERRY: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

For crying out loud, how was he supposed to compete with a proposal in Paris?
He could propose over French fries in the local McDougals?

But just in case he couldn’t come up with anything wildly different, he reached for the phone and dialed for Brio Tuscany, one of the most exclusive Italian restaurants in Metropolis, to put in for a dinner reservation in seven weeks.
Let’s hope Lucy won’t find something shiny in between.

Lois, unaware of Jimmy’s situation continued talking. “Wait … you’re getting married in six weeks? Is that enough time?”
Oh boy. Jimmy’s going to ‘surprise’ propose one week after the other couple’s wedding?
LUCY: How…original.

Dr. Klein’s hurried voice came over the line. “Good! I caught you. Clark, may I make a request?”
Best man? Or to bring the Kryptonite he has stored at Star Labs for an experiment?

“Th …thank you. It is just that I am closest to you, Lois and your family. It makes sense, like a perfect equation.” Clark heard Abrihet voice in the background, than Bernie came back on the line.
Hey, Lois could be right up there, too, as a groom’s woman. She does know how to wear a suit.

The big man ambled over to their desks and said, “Didn’t I tell you two before that the Daily Planet is a newspaper, not a match making service for your relatives and friends?”
clap He probably should have started with that when he hired Clark.

Perry nodded and replied drily, “Well, it’ll be good for the Daily Planet’s business section, but not a big beautiful headline in 38 type font. Get on it, but first bring me a story I can sink my teeth into!”
What if thanks to Superman, there are no more big headlines?
PRESTON CARPENTER: Not a problem [Linked Image]

Clark went back to his desk wearing a bemused expression, that was Lois, his little tornado!
Although, now she can also make real, big tornados.

Of course, now that she was super, he did not worry about her nearly as much as in the past.
clap

Suddenly, a prickly sensation fluttered over her body.
Oh look! Kryptonite!

It lasted for but a moment and then the numbness faded away.
I think she got traced, somehow.

he removed a sizable chunk of coiled reddish-gray metal from the container
A piece of an alien propulsion system.
CHIEF ENGINEER PI’Q’KSTER: Oh, please. That’s just a heat pipe from an Espresso maker.

“Bernard … the green Kryptonite is changing!”

Like a piece of coal that slipped away from its warmer fellows and having lost its source of heat and light eventually grows cold and dark, the small knob of Kryptonite’s signature sickly green glow faded into a hard lump of ashy blackness.
Ooooh! Inoculation. And just in time to heal Lois’s green K poisoning.

He could foresee a time when the overseers of these stations would someday soon hold an significant place in New Kryptonian society. It only required the right man to introduce a few changes and his overseer; Vax-Om might be the man. Only time would tell.
laugh

Vax-Om’s wife, Eyner, a slender woman with a face like a blunt hatchet, was an excellent cook whose compassionate nature made him feel welcome.
It’s really great, the way you have a Lex that sounds like he’s on some sort of medication and then and again you inject this little callbacks to the arrogant bastard clap

“Yes, what if Metal X in conjunction with Kryptonite removes their powers ….permanently?”

“What shall we do?”
Maybe they could use it on General Zod? While there’s several other Kryptonians around to stop him should he become inoculated after all.

He took a deep breath and sighed; Abrihet gathered him in her arms and held him close. “If only there was another Kryptonian we could experiment on …” she said with a sigh.
See?

The expression from his wife’s face that greeted Clark was one of utter shock. Getting a dress was one of the first things a bride had to do and then the list grows exponentially.
laugh

“Bernard Joseph Klein sent you to JOHAN’S for a tuxedo? Clark, a basic suit there starts at $1500.00! What does he think? That investigative reporters – even award winning ones - are made of money?”
Well…they know where all the bodies are buried, so…

“How does it look on you?” Her voice became as soft as velvet when she said, “and how long will it take to get it off?”
evil

Bernie added, That's true my dear, but what's this new information regarding Clark’s father?”
laugh

The intrigue continues. I wonder if some Kryptonite will get to Lois before she’s fixed. Also, will they implant it or use a ring or…?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Poor Perry, he’s been looking at us both strangely since I got my powers.” Lois spoke so softly only Clark could hear.
Does Perry know about their powers? confused

Suddenly, a prickly sensation fluttered over her body. It lasted for but a moment and then the numbness faded away. It happen so quickly she thought it was a result of catching the aircraft.

I have a feeling it can't be good. frown Could Lois's powers be fading away? help

It seems Lex is really changing. But coming back to Earth and the temptation of being powerful again under Zod's influence could hinder this progress. Or has he changed for real? With Lex is hard to believe in miracles. But maybe the whole experience has really altered him? We will have to wait and see.

Not sure about the Metal X. I also think it's too good to be true. Could it have a different effect on Lois being that her powers are already acting odd? shock

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
UltraWoman

Aha! Sorry I am just getting back to you.

Does Perry know about their powers? confused

One never knows with the Chief, he might, but than again, he might not.

Lois does seem to have a problem with dizziness doesn't she? grin

It seems Lex is really changing. But coming back to Earth and the temptation of being powerful again under Zod's influence could hinder this progress. Or has he changed for real? With Lex is hard to believe in miracles. But maybe the whole experience has really altered him? We will have to wait and see.

People sometimes change for the better when they are removed from bad influences or associations. In Luthor's case it is both, plus being around people who have brought out a kinder, gentler man, the person he was supposed to be. Of course having Aykira in the background doesn't hurt. But we shall see more of that soon. Promise!

The explanation for Metal X is coming as well.

Thanks for writing! wave

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard