L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
As always, feedback is very much appreciated. smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper I'm always excited when someone takes up one of my challenges. I see you took a slight detour from the original, there, towards the end. wink

I really loved the beginning characterization of Lex Luthor's poker club. You have him down to a T. clap notworthy Beautifully done.

I missed having Perry yelling at Witt for taking off with his prize winning reporter, though. Cat was a fun surprise.

George Reeves Superman does seem to be more of a slight of hand man, as the Superman from the comics is, than our Dean Cain Superman. Reeves SM tends to make the viewer think he's doing one thing, while actually doing another. I liked the shadow trick he used to fool Jimmy and Perry in the original story. Your take seems more along the lines of what our Superman would do in the situation, ala Wall of Sound.

I'm sure the owner of Wayne Financial would have been willing to help Superman get Lois out of this mess, though. But would it be worth owing Batman a favor?

The only problem is that in the end Superman helped Lex win the Apollo Hotel from Witt. I hate it when Lex wins in the end.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Hi, Virginia! Thanks for the feedback. smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I see you took a slight detour from the original, there, towards the end. wink

Yes, I thought it would be nice to shake things up a little bit by not following the original episode too closely. Plus...

George Reeves Superman does seem to be more of a slight of hand man, as the Superman from the comics is, than our Dean Cain Superman. Reeves SM tends to make the viewer think he's doing one thing, while actually doing another. I liked the shadow trick he used to fool Jimmy and Perry in the original story. Your take seems more along the lines of what our Superman would do in the situation, ala Wall of Sound.

... I did figure that the way Superman solved the problem in this story seemed more like something Dean Cain's Superman might do.

I really loved the beginning characterization of Lex Luthor's poker club. You have him down to a T. clap notworthy Beautifully done.

Good to know Lex Luthor felt very much in character. Thanks.

I missed having Perry yelling at Witt for taking off with his prize winning reporter, though. Cat was a fun surprise.

I probably could have squeezed Perry in there somewhere. I did enjoy adding Cat in there, though. She's always a fun character to write for.

I'm sure the owner of Wayne Financial would have been willing to help Superman get Lois out of this mess, though. But would it be worth owing Batman a favor?

lol

The only problem is that in the end Superman helped Lex win the Apollo Hotel from Witt. I hate it when Lex wins in the end.

True, Lex does sort of win in the end, but I'm sure Superman will make sure he gets his eventually...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just goes to show, once again, that you shouldn't tug on Superman's cape. smile

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
Just goes to show, once again, that you shouldn't tug on Superman's cape. smile

You are certainly right, IolantheAlias. It's not wise to mess with Superman. Thanks for commenting. smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Catching up!

The truth was that this was no little boys’ poker tournament or a friendly game among buddies, and that’s the way that Lex liked it.
I’m not 100% it’s legal…

Also unlike those other two interests, he always came out a winner when playing poker, and he didn't even have to cheat.
He does realize that knowing all the cards is considered cheating, doesn’t he?

Lex never really thought about what he might do if he actually lost at one of these games since so far, that hadn’t actually happened to him.
Have all the other attendees kind of suffer an elevator accident?

That thing was the pleasure of watching former members of high society completely humiliated after he’d beaten him or her.
Ooooh! Like in Trading Places?

Another time, he’d made a Hollywood starlet appear as a stripper at a director’s bachelor party he’d been invited to. Needless to say, her career was never quite the same afterwards.
Elizabeth Berkley?

During this particular poker game, Lex was playing a game against the owner of a local hotel called the Apollo Hotel.
Oooh!

I’m no sucker. I want to play a game where the odds aren’t stacked against me.”
So…Go Fish!

“A bet. I’m willing to bet you that I can control Superman,” Julius replied.
Combined with the title, Julius doesn’t seem to be a very honest man.

On the other hand, being a fairly large man himself, he was confident that he could easily overpower Lois and use her as a hostage, making her the obvious target.
Brave. Stupid but very brace.

Julius was somewhat tempted to follow after her, as it had been a long time since a woman as good looking as her had so overtly flirted with him.
I’m sure he’ll find an equally attentive girlfriend in prison. Say, could Lex acquire the hotel after Julius gets locked up?

“That doesn’t matter,” the man whispered as he quickly pulled out a gun and pointed it directly at Lois. “Now, stand up, and let me put these on you.” He held up a pair of handcuffs.
That’s brazen.

"Kinky," Cat replied, a smile lighting up her face. "If you want, I'll let you handcuff me anytime."
Lois wouldn’t do that in the middle of the newsroom. That would be tacky.

The pain of the hot metal caused the man to drop the gun, but Julius had another trick up his sleeve.

“I don’t know why that just happened, but don’t get any bright ideas,” Julius said.
Yep, not very smart.
CLARK: Must be sunspots or something.

Julius stared into Superman’s eyes and smiled. “You’re bluffing. I can always tell if someone’s bluffing.”
That would be a bluff.

“I’m sorry. I’ve never walked on the ledge of a building while handcuffed to a psychopath and wearing only one shoe before," Lois spat out sarcastically.
She’s quite specific in that.
LOIS: I usually wear both shoes.

And Miss Lane will be happy because she’ll have a big scoop - about what it was like being handcuffed to a psychopath.”
LOIS: /holds up Kerth from last year/ Been there. Gotten the award.

Before Julius could see what was happening, Superman had broken the handcuffs and thrown him into the air!
Duh! Julius most definitely is not of the smart variety.

"Well, my arm is a little sore... and I may have twisted my ankle... and I'm in need of a new pair of shoes... but, yeah." She smiled. "Thanks, Superman."
I think she got off lightly. No bullet wounds. No ruined dress. All her hair still attached to her body.

This certainly felt like a '50s story smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the feedback, Michael.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
This certainly felt like a '50s story smile1

Good to know that I managed to keep the '50s feel of the story. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard