Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
If you missed earlier chapters, they're all available via a handy TOC, thanks to LabRat and Mike M. Chapter 25 will be posted Tuesday morning.

I really appreciate all the comments! What do you think of this chapter?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my God! Definitely Internet is viral. Once a rumor gets in, it'll spread around the world with no stop.

Poor Kara! I think she's about to face a real stressing scenery.

Great part!

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor, poor, Kara. Here she is trying to help, so it has become everyone else's job to try to out her for doing these good deeds so she will no longer be available to help. I'm sure they will then blame her when she cannot help out of fear for Emily and Caitlin's lives.

clap for Debbie for her subtle commentary on why Twitter and Facebook and other social networking (gossip) sites are ruining life in America (possibly the world, but mostly life in the USA). Gossip has taken over and become the norm with no thought on whose life it might ruin. /Currently, as I re-read Pride and Prejudice, I know that gossip and its ill-affects are hardly a new plague upon society./

I hope Kara, et al, will find a way to discredit the reports and divert attention elsewhere. Because I cannot see Lois and Clark being very happy campers should they arrive and find Kara hounded to death. While Clark might be able to control his temper, Lois will not and the people of this dimension are in for a serious lickin'.

Also, no thought is being given (by the gossips) to what negative impact of such exposure might have on someone with so much power and little experience to control it. Too much negativity might cause her to react badly in order to save herself or someone else, causing her to accidentally hurt someone else... thus, turning her from a power of good into (what everyone will suspect) a power of bad.

notworthy For your excellent mastery in crafting this story, Debbie. Can't wait to see where you take it from here. I wonder what happened to Lois and Clark and where they ended up with Tempus's bad directions.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Fun part. I hope you are planning to allow the NSA to join the protection team. They could totally mess up folks posts and accounts. I can see them swapping in Photoshopped versions of many posts about Kara.Distorting photos of Supergirl and Kara both to spread confusion.

As to the media coverage, I'd love to see massive backlash from the town towards the media. A version of the family insider rule, hopefully. (ie I can speak bad about my sister, she'd my sister but if you speak bad about her I will leap to her defense)

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
VirginiaR: That's the reason why I do not use Facebook, Twitter or any of those other sites. Life is meant to be lived! Not gossiped about!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
VirginiaR: That's the reason why I do not use Facebook, Twitter or any of those other sites. Life is meant to be lived! Not gossiped about!!!
You and me both! THIS is my social networking site. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A group of boys and girls from the middle school was headed his way, but none of them could possibly be Supergirl unless she was a A group of boys and girls from the middle school was headed his way, but none of them could possibly be Supergirl unless she was a shapeshifter.
I had to laugh at this. lol In one of her versions, Supergirl was a shapeshifter. grin

Andreia

Top Banana
Top Banana
I am wondering how long before Emily begins to think about removing Kara from school? I mean the environment has basically gotten hostile for her and while she can handle the physical stuff the mental impact cannot be minimized. I suspect their "handlers" will present this as an option shortly as they really do seem to have the family's best interest as their primary focus, probably the Secret Service orientation of protection first. Of course this would impact Kara's relationship with her new friends...

As has been stated before this makes it crystal clear why Lois and Clark always insisted on the kids reaching their 18th birthday before they began making their 'Super' debut in other fan fiction. They would be be able to handle the emotional aspects of the responsibility.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the comments!

I actually kind of like Twitter. If you're careful whom you follow, it's a good way to keep up with some interesting people. Of course, not everyone uses it that way.

I try to avoid Facebook, but I have a lot of friends and family who use it, so once every week or so I look in to see if there's any news from them.

Tomorrow morning is going to be very busy, so I may not get to post Chapter 25 until evening.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally Posted by DebbieG
Tomorrow morning is going to be very busy, so I may not get to post Chapter 25 until evening.

[large sigh] What you're suppose to say is "Tomorrow morning is going to be very busy so I'll be posting Chapter 25 tonight."

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is the scary part about celebrity. With social media and the internet these days, nothing is private. Nothing.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard