Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I swear, on a stack of complete DVD box sets of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, that I wrote this part over two years ago, long before Gravity was released. Given the known problem with space junk, the idea of the ISS being menaced seems obvious.

Missed an earlier chapter or two? Or more? Thanks to LabRat and Mike M, there's a helpful TOC for the whole story. Chapter 23 will be posted Friday morning.

So, what do you think of this chapter?

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part.
Originally Posted by DebbieG
wrote this part over two years ago, long before Gravity was released
We believe you, but since Gravity is out now, you might consider adding a tie in, perhaps just a line or five. Thus Kara can get credit for saving all those lives.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She wondered why something felt off, then realized it was the absence of music: some part of her had expected a soundtrack.

Once again, I'm laughing out loud at the little bits you put in there.

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the comments!

since Gravity is out now, you might consider adding a tie in
That's a good idea, but I can't think of a way to do it that I'm happy with. This chapter takes place in November 2011, in a world very much like ours (I only wanted to change the bare minimum).

According to IMDB, Gravity takes place in 2014/2015 on shuttle mission STS-157, but in our world, the shuttle stopped flying with STS-135 in July 2011, three months before Kara came to Emily's world. Also, Gravity is a great movie, but it has a number of scientific errors I'd rather not reproduce. wink So in Emily's world, Gravity is a movie, the same as in ours.

According to Wikipedia, Gravity started filming in May 2011, so by November I'm guessing they would have finished principal photography and started post-production. I imagine in Emily's world the producers and director might be tearing their hair out with the news of Supergirl's latest feat.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Agreed, Gravity was a ground breaking achievement, but flawed in many ways. Stick to your original plot line.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, that's a big mission for an 11-year old girl! I think I'm with Emily, this slope is getting a little too slippery here. The idea of the government calling up like that and sending her off on things is a little disconcerting.

Funny thought - I wonder if this would be a problem under child labor laws? Or maybe they just classify her as an intern. Because it's illegal for people to volunteer to do government work without at least some nominal form of compensation. (Picturing Kara Kent getting high school credits for superhero hours)

I almost died over the line about the soundtrack being missing. That was fantastic.

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard