L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Any comments? cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Heh! A nice chuckle to start the day. Thanks!

Of course, when this Lois finally figures it out, she is going to be even more angry at Clark. She'll blame him for the embarrassment she feels for having been so certain.

Kerth
Kerth
rotflol No further comment. wink

No, seriously, this was very funny indeed. Do you have more stories like that to come?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I can see Lois acting exactly the same way if she actually knew those guys' secret identities, trying to throw Cat off the scent. Though I guess if she was doing that, she might claim that she had seen Clark and Superman at the same time to cement the idea that they're different people.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Originally Posted by DebbieG
Heh! A nice chuckle to start the day. Thanks!

Of course, when this Lois finally figures it out, she is going to be even more angry at Clark. She'll blame him for the embarrassment she feels for having been so certain.

Glad to give you a nice chuckle. Yeah, she'll definitely blame him for the embarrassment of this situation.

Originally Posted by Lara Joelle Kent
rotflol No further comment. wink

No, seriously, this was very funny indeed. Do you have more stories like that to come?

I'm happy to hear you thought the story was funny. I don't have any plans for more stories like this at the moment, but you never know. If an idea hits me, I'll write more.

Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I can see Lois acting exactly the same way if she actually knew those guys' secret identities, trying to throw Cat off the scent. Though I guess if she was doing that, she might claim that she had seen Clark and Superman at the same time to cement the idea that they're different people.

I agree. She'd definitely do the same thing even if she was in on the secret. To be clear, though, my intention was for her to be currently unaware of the secret identities of the heroes.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pretty funny. I like how Lois is automatically dismissive of the thought that Bruce Wayne could be Batman. Actually, when you think about it, Cat's opinions make a lot of sense. I guess Lois is dismissive of Cat due to the micro-skirt and the push-up bra.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very, very funny, LLF. clap lol rotflol I love how Lois calls Cat's guesses "glatically stupid". I kept wondering when in canon this story would be end up set. Does Lois know? Is she trying to throw Cat off the truth, or does she really NOT know? You kept me guessing. Very enjoyable read. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the feedback, IolantheAlias and Virginia.

Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
Pretty funny. I like how Lois is automatically dismissive of the thought that Bruce Wayne could be Batman. Actually, when you think about it, Cat's opinions make a lot of sense. I guess Lois is dismissive of Cat due to the micro-skirt and the push-up bra.

Yeah, Cat's opinions make a lot of sense, but since they're coming from Cat, Lois is less inclined to take them seriously.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Very, very funny, LLF. clap lol rotflol I love how Lois calls Cat's guesses "glatically stupid". I kept wondering when in canon this story would be end up set. Does Lois know? Is she trying to throw Cat off the truth, or does she really NOT know? You kept me guessing. Very enjoyable read. smile

I'm glad you found the story to be funny. It's good to know I kept you guessing.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol clap

Seriously fun! I can see Lois shrugging Cat off this way even if she *was* in the know. Great little fic to round out my night. Thanks for the laughs!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This ficlet was a great way to wake up this morning! Poor Cat just cannot develop any creditability with Lois. Of course it might have helped if she had not been dressed crazier than usual and tipsy. What she needed was solid evidence ... next time Cat, bring a camera that takes real pictures! ROTL! hyper

But like DC mentioned above, Lois would have downplayed the whole thing ESPECIALLY if she had been in the know!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the feedback, Deadly Chakram and Morgana.

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
rotflol clap

Seriously fun! I can see Lois shrugging Cat off this way even if she *was* in the know. Great little fic to round out my night. Thanks for the laughs!

It's nice to hear that you had some fun and some laughs reading the story.

Originally Posted by Morgana
This ficlet was a great way to wake up this morning! Poor Cat just cannot develop any creditability with Lois. Of course it might have helped if she had not been dressed crazier than usual and tipsy. What she needed was solid evidence ... next time Cat, bring a camera that takes real pictures! ROTL! hyper

But like DC mentioned above, Lois would have downplayed the whole thing ESPECIALLY if she had been in the know!

Exactly. Proof is the only way Cat will be able to gain some credibility with Lois. Oh, and a more modest wardrobe might help just a little, too. wink

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi LLF!
As usual, she was dressed totally inappropriately for the workplace.
Depends on the workplace?

She also appeared to be a bit tipsy as she stumbled past Lois' desk and fell into the empty chair at Clark's desk.
So…walk for shame. Well…accomplishment in Cat’s case?

Cat smiled. "It's all in the line of duty. Perry assigned me to that charity thingy Bruce Wayne was hosting last night to get some dirt on the rich and famous for my column.
clap

I may have had one too many drinks in order to keep up with Bruce, but my mission was accomplished.
A game of Cat and Bat?

Mr. Wayne asked me to stay long after the party ended – if you know what I mean - and boy did I get a scoop."
Oh boy. Selina won’t be pleased.
RALPH: Cat fight!

"Bruce Wayne is Batman!" Cat shouted a bit too loudly, causing a few heads to turn.
shock
CLARK: [Linked Image] That’ll teach him!

Bruce Wayne is the richest man in Gotham. Therefore, he’s the most likely suspect to be Batman."
Well…that’s sound reasoning.

"I had another thought, too, though. Oliver Queen was there last night, and I noticed that he seemed to be pretty close with Wayne."
So…now Bruce is bi-sexual?

Lois laughed out loud. "You've got to be kidding me. What, do you think they have some sort of secret club or something?"
CLARK: [Linked Image]

You know, Clark was invited to Wayne's little shindig, too. Could it be that he's a superhero, too?"
shock
CLARK: [Linked Image]
Also, wouldn’t Lois be jealous of Clark and Cat out on a social gathering?

Oh, and Clark and Superman are never seen in the same place at the same time.
That’s not true. They’ve attended the same functions all the time!

Lois started laughing some more. "Cat, there's a phrase for people like you. Galactically stupid."
rotflol

Lois got up and patted her on the back. "Believe me, you are. If Clark was Superman, don't you think I'd be the first to know, given that I'm the one who’s around both of them all the time?"
/points to above quote/

Oh boy. Now Clark can *never* tell Lois the truth.

Pure entertainment!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the feedback, Michael. I'm pleased to know you found the story to be pure entertainment.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
I may have had one too many drinks in order to keep up with Bruce, but my mission was accomplished.
A game of Cat and Bat?

lol Clever.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Mr. Wayne asked me to stay long after the party ended – if you know what I mean - and boy did I get a scoop."
Oh boy. Selina won’t be pleased.
RALPH: Cat fight!

Yikes. Cat and Selina in a catfight really wouldn't end well for Cat. rotflol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Exactly. Proof is the only way Cat will be able to gain some credibility with Lois.

When you said this, my mind automatically went to Sue S's fine fic, Proof. Don't miss the sequels.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard