Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, part 3 is up, and I hope you like it. Here's the Link. Enjoy! smile

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well that was really well done. Kind of reminded me of Nan Smith's Home series with the Family Party. Lois is pretty stunned to see how many offspring she and Clark have produced over the generations.

A bit more information on the New Krypton situation, I suspect more will come later.

Lois should have pressed Jordan harder on the 'Bad' rescue. She never let Clark off that easily... She let him get her sidetracked on the family secret thing and never came back to it. Possibly later as that was one of the 'tricks' she used with Clark, let him stew then hit him with it again. She is the master of interrogation after all.

Finally the script, based on what Charlotte said the script timeline last long past Clark's departure for New Krypton with Zara and Ching so while she can provide more accurate information up to that point, after that point she will be clueless. Of course the script might provide more information on what eventually happened between her and Clark. That of course will make her even more curious about what is fact and what is total BS in the script.

This could get very interesting before Wells figures out he's lost her and comes looking for her.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow. That's one tiny basement apartment. I've lived in one of those. There's not much sunlight, and they're very cramped. It makes me wonder if Jordan has a RL at all, or if he's stuck being Superman all the time. frown I hope not, but from his complaints, it sounds like it.

Her first thought was “bachelor pad”. However, when she took a second sweep over the sparse but neatly-arranged belongings, she changed her mental assessment to “alimony”. She turned to Jordan with a bright smile. “It looks lovely.”
mecry Poor Jordan. He really doesn't have anyone, does he? Apparently, the crowd of cousins doesn't make up for truly being alone. I hope alt-Clark makes it to this dimension. I bet he could give Jordan some insight into how living without a real life really feels. They remind me a bit of one another. frown You just want to hug them both.

Everyone certainly did show up, didn't they? No wonder Mitchell didn't want her staying with them at the hotel suite. That would have been difficult to explain to the paparazzi, which are probably following Charlotte around.

It's so sad that only one of Superman decedents are allowed to be super at once. It was difficult to tell who out of the mix had powers and who didn't. I guess Clark taught his children well.

Jordan opened the door to a sharply dressed woman who stood grinning nervously at them. Beside her was a young girl stuffed into a poofy, floral-print dress. A bow had been stuck on the girl's hair, and she wore the miserable expression of children everywhere who have been forced into formal-wear against their will. “Hi,” said the woman. “I'm Pam.” She gestured to the girl. “And this is Isabelle.”
Poor, Izzy. Her mom sounds like a piece of work (reminds me a bit of Ellen).

Lois squinted out into the darkness and could just make out a shape winding through the crowd towards the apartment, its head bowed and shoulders slumped.

“Um, everyone,” she began, and was once again unnerved by the hush that fell whenever she spoke, “I'm—feeling a bit tired, now, so I think I'm going to turn in.”
Yea, Lois to the rescue. Again, Jordan... sad

Lois reached forward and took his hand. After thinking for a long moment, she spoke. “Clark was always afraid of losing himself to Superman,” she said softly. She quirked the corner of her mouth. “I wasn't always helpful with that, in the beginning. But, the reason he kept up the charade was so that Clark Kent could have a normal life.” She met Jordan's gaze. “Superman's whole purpose is to protect. He protects Clark, and now that he's made his share of enemies, he protects Clark's loved ones.”
I like this explanation.

Jordan seemed to digest this for a while. Then, he looked down, took a deep breath, and met her eyes again. “Grams,” he said, “what would Great-grandpa have done—what would *you* have done—if your son needed to go to a hospital?”
I think we've gotten an inkling into Jordan's bad day. Did he even tell his wife about his powers? Ouch!

I'm beginning to wonder IF this is Lois's future in canon or another dimensional Lois's future. With the problems with NK, I hope it is. I wonder what she'll think about the section where Lois becomes Lord Kal-El's concubine! I'll bet she'll rant about it until Jordan pulls up some archive photos or something. clap Can't wait!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was going to use the term "clown car" for the apartment, but you saved me the trouble. laugh

I can't wait to see what Lois does to that script. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mike: Yeah, looking it over, I guess I am writing Lois a little mellower than usual. I guess we could attribute some of it to the her both missing Clark and being bombarded with a lot of information, suddenly. Mostly, though, I was just thinking that she mellowed some after getting together with Clark; though maybe I over-estimated how much. =/

Virigina: Yeah. frown Thanks for picking up on all of that; I'd been running the story past my Dad, and when he didn't seem to pick up on those bits, I figured they just weren't clear enough. So, you made my day! laugh

Debbie: Hee, thanks! ^_^

~•~
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, looking forward to more. I rather imagine the film folks are gong to love her "suggestions" .

Perhaps the film will be renamed
Revelations: The True Adventures of Lois and Clark

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

she changed her mental assessment to “alimony”.
Oh boy. So, ex-wife out there who knows the secret? Is that wise? And does that mean Superman dabbled in the female rescuees?

He reached into a cabinet and took out a small, flat...thing, as well as something that Lois recognized as being a little keyboard. Jordan connected them and set them down on the table. “It's old, so it may run kind of slow.”
So, MS Surface uuumm…10?

and flat computers that you snap together. This is amazing!”
CLARK: I don’t know. I also had a laptop once where the display and the keyboard-part separated.

“If Jimmy were here, he'd have a field day.”

A sudden tapping at the door made them both look up. Jordan squinted at the door, and his eyebrows rose.

“Who is it?” Lois asked.

“Jimmy.”
clap and clap

“Oh?” Lois looked at Jordan in slight confusion. “I'd kind of assumed *you* were her brother.”

“Cousin,” both men said at once.
So, they don’t like each other?
JIMMY: He once hit on my sis at a family function. I thought it was creepy. And so Targaryen.

Lois looked up in surprise. “Charlotte?”

“No,” said Jimmy, “my other sister. Pam.”

“It's not Pam,” said the man on the other side of the door

“Dave!” the other two men exclaimed.

“Hi, Cuz,” he greeted Jordan.
clap And I hope you don’t mind my saying but I am flashing to all the other great fun next-gen stories with lots of next gen going on.

A bow had been stuck on the girl's hair, and she wore the miserable expression of children everywhere who have been forced into formal-wear against their will. “Hi,” said the woman. “I'm Pam.” She gestured to the girl. “And this is Isabelle.”
rotflol

Jordan rubbed the bridge of his nose. “Come on in,” he said, as Pam and Jimmy shuffled themselves around to the back of the breakfast table.

The *next* knock was Martin and Edna.
Craziness!

The smell of barbeque began wafting in from somewhere outside.
Someone cooking one of the people living outside in the alley? I mean, that’s what they do in the future told by H.G.Wells, so…

“So, how did Great-grandpa Clark react, the first time you told him you were pregnant?” A young man asked her.
LOIS: shock What do you mean, ‘I’m pregnant’?

We're still only engaged; or at least we were when I got here...”
YOUNG MAN: That didn’t stop my girlfriend from telling me…

As the chatter resumed, a man with a bushy mustache began elbowing his way through the crowd in the apartment. “There's too many people in here!” he complained.
laugh Fire marshal?

“Right, Howard,” Lois noted. “And which side of the family are you on?”

“I'm the landlord!”

Someone passed Mr. Blake a burger.
thumbsup

“--So there I am, at nine-o-clock, sharp, knocking on his door, thinking about how I'm going to get through this investigation while having to babysit a rookie from some backwater town in the middle of nowhere--”
“—and then he was naked.”

“--and he opens the door wearing nothing but a towel and those glasses. Now, I—well, maybe I'll just skip this part...”
Doesn’t want to tell everyone the details on how she broke rule #3?

It still looked exactly as small and compact as it had earlier, leaving her to wonder just how it had been temporarily transformed into the inside of a clown car.
laugh

“Aunt Midge's famous potato salad!” He removed the lid, stuck in his finger, and promptly grimaced when he tasted the contents. “Or rather, cousin Linda's *interpretation* of Aunt Midge's potato salad.” He closed the lid again.
lol

“We're in a state of war with New Krypton.”
Huh?

“It's just a cold war. It's been going on for a long time.
And which human thought it a good idea to make a state-of-cold-war with a race of being who get super-powers when on Earth *and* own *Spaceships, Spaceships, SPACESHIPS! *?

“Since the last president, though, things have worsened. Nobody is allowed to come or go between the two planets. So, if somebody new started flying around in tights--”

“There would be questions,” Lois filled in.
Oh boy. Maybe if they said Superman died and regenerated into this new body?

“Did anyone accuse him of being an alien spy?” Jordan asked her.
[Linked Image]

“I just don't know what to do anymore, Grams.”

Lois reached forward and took his hand. After thinking for a long moment, she spoke. “Clark was always afraid of losing himself to Superman,” she said softly.
It’s why Kryptonian lords usually have professional caregivers.
LOIS: wave

, “what would Great-grandpa have done—what would *you* have done—if your son needed to go to a hospital?”
/scratches head/ What *did* happen?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard