A/N: As promised, here's part two of part one. wink I hope y'all enjoy it! smile

Part Two
----------

“But, Superman! Do you have to go? Earth needs you! *I* need you.”

“Sorry, Lois, but I must. I have a duty to my people...and to my wife.”

Lois had been watching through her fingers for the past fifteen minutes, and now fought the urge to gag as the actor in the Superman costume turned to gaze adoringly at the buxom actress playing Zara.

“Cut!” shouted Les, then he stood up and clapped. “That's magnificent, Hans! Magnificent!”

Hans flashed them all a grin. “Don't you mean super?” he asked, to much chuckling from the crowd. He turned back to Les. “Should we try that kissing scene again?”

“No,” Lois grumbled to herself, clenching the arms of the folding chair they'd given her. Her great-grandson reached over and lightly squeezed her shoulder. “Could someone please explain to me,” she said a little louder, catching everyone's attention, “why Lois keeps throwing herself at Superman in front of everyone, including Clark?” Granted, Lois admitted to herself that she had a history of doing pretty much exactly that...but that was ancient history, and not just in the time-travel sense.

“Because she's not yet over their affair,” a man who'd been introduced as the script-writer told her.

“What?!” Lois and Jordan both shouted at once.

Everyone in the room turned nervous gazes towards Jordan, except for Charlotte, who looked down sheepishly, and the writer, who seemed oblivious to the sudden awkward atmosphere in the room.

“There's been a lot of speculation about the historical relationship between Lois Lane and Superman,” the writer cheerfully explained. “I decided it would make sense if he had turned to her for comfort, as it were, during the time period between Krypton's destruction and the reveal that his wife was still alive.”

“Really,” Lois said, flatly.

“Once his life-mate returns to reclaim his passions,” the writer went on, warming to his subject, “Lois is torn apart by jealousy and unrequited desire!”

Her eyes narrowed. “Really.”

“After he leaves Earth, his cold abandonment of her—and the ravages of the New Kryptonian invasion”--he raised a fist, dramatically--“drive her into the arms of fellow reporter Clark Kent.” He nodded towards Keith.

“Really.”

“Of course,” the writer continued, “once he is forced to leave his wife behind and return to Earth, their relationship is deliberately kept ambiguous. It wouldn't do to flat out accuse the first Superman of having an extra-marital affair, but”--he shrugged--“like I said: historically, there's been a lot of speculation.”

Lois was very quiet for a moment. “I happen to know,” she said at last, doing her best to keep her voice calm and level, “that Lois Lane had chosen Clark Kent over Superman long ago, and the two of them were already engaged when these New Kryptonians showed up.”

Everyone, including Jordan and Charlotte, looked at her in surprise.

The writer shrugged. “Well, even if that's so, it's only a minor detail in the grand scheme of history. Sometimes a little bit of accuracy must be sacrificed for drama.”

“Drama?!” Lois exploded. “Now listen, you hack--!”

“Hack?!” The writer started to rise from his seat. “Just because you have no sense of story--”

“I have *plenty* of story sense, you smut-peddling character assassin!”

“Puritanical revisionist!”

In a flash, Jordan had moved to stand between them, holding his arms out in a placating gesture. “Everyone, calm down! Mr. Byrne, Grams...” He gently coaxed them back into their seats, although Lois and the writer continued to glare at each other.

“Why do you call her 'Grams'?” Keith suddenly asked.

Jordan and Charlotte shared a panicked glance.

“Because it's my name,” Lois answered, thinking quickly. “Lola Graham.”

The answer seemed to satisfy.

“Anyway,” Les spoke up, gruffly, “this just about wraps us up for tonight. Now, we have a lot to get through, tomorrow, so let's meet up here bright and early, and--”

“I'd like to see the script,” Lois interrupted.

Les winced.

“You are *not* changing a *word* of that script,” Mr. Byrne said, coldly.

“Well, *you* are *not* changing history,” Lois retorted.

“Mr. Byrne,” Jordan said, softly, “I'm sure it wouldn't hurt just to let her skim through a copy, overnight. I promise, we'll discuss any changes with you, personally.”

Mr. Byrne grumbled, but seemed to understand that he was beaten. An assistant came forward and handed Lois a small, plastic object. “Just see that it doesn't get leaked,” the writer muttered.

Jordan leaned over to whisper in her ear. “Don't worry, you can borrow my computer. I'll show you how to open the file.”

“Thank you,” she said aloud.

“Now if you'll excuse me,” Jordan announced to the room at large, “I have to go. I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow; especially you, Ms. Graham.” He flashed a dazzling smile at Lois, then left through the stairwell.

“I hope he at least remembers to sign out,” muttered Les, still sulking over the day's turn of events.

“Hey, Charlotte!” Hans called as the young woman began collecting her things. “Want to come to my hotel tonight and help me rehearse?” He gave her a leering grin.

Charlotte rolled her eyes. “Still not happening, Hans.” She turned to Lois. “Ready to go, Grams?”

The two of them stepped into the elevator along with a few extras and crew-members. When the doors closed, Lois leaned towards Charlotte. “That Hans guy seems like a creep,” she whispered.

“Oh, he is,” said Charlotte as they made their descent. “He's a good actor, though; I've got to give him that. We had a couple scenes together in the second Lovers' Lane movie.”

“Oh, you poor thing!” said Lois, making a face.

Charlotte laughed. “Don't worry; it was just dialog.” The elevator dinged and they followed the small crowd out into the lobby. “He hit on me then, too, though,” she continued while striding over to the front desk. Lois waited until Charlotte finished signing out, then the two of them made their way out of the building and into the fresh air. “Mitch actually ran onto the set and slugged him.”

Lois gasped. “You're kidding!”

Charlotte shook her head. “Nope! He got tackled by security and everything! But the crazy part was that the cameras were still rolling the whole time. When the director saw what happened, she had them edit it, added footage of some stunt people, and the whole thing became the big bar fight scene that everybody remembers about the movie!” She laughed. “Poor Mitch was sore for a week, but at least nobody pressed charges, and he even got his name in the credits.”

A man suddenly came up behind them and grabbed them by their shoulders. “Speak of the devil!” he said, turning Charlotte to face across the street just as Lois' fist shot backward to collide with a nose as hard as concrete.

“Mitch!” cried Charlotte.

“Ow!” cried Lois.

Charlotte ran to meet a man who stood waving, on the other side of the road, with two infants in a double-stroller.

Lois nursed her sore hand.

“Are you okay, Grams?”

Aside from the nose-of-steel being a dead give-away, now that Lois had a chance to look at her supposed assailant she realized that he looked rather like Jordan in casual clothes and glasses. “Yes, I'm fine,” she assured him. “Don't sneak up on me like that!”

He chuckled. “Sorry.”

“So that's Mr. McLeod, I take it?” Lois asked, gesturing to the man Charlotte was now passionately kissing in the middle of a busy sidewalk.

“Yeah,” said Jordan, “that's Mitch. Come on, I'll introduce you.”

Lois was unsure if they should intrude on the couple's moment together, but fortunately, Charlotte broke the kiss off as they approached. “Oh, Mitch! I've got to tell you, great-grandma Lois is here! She's visiting from the past and helping us to fix the movie. Isn't that wonderful?”

Mitch stared at his wife, looking absolutely bewildered, then turn to stare at Lois.

“You're married to one of my descendants,” Lois stated. “I doubt that time-travel is the strangest thing you've encountered so far.”

“True,” Mitch agreed slowly, “But it still hits the top five.” He cleared his throat. “So sorry, I'm being rude. Mitch McLeod, your—er—great-grandson-in-law?” He offered his hand.

Lois laughed and shook it. “Lois Lane. Nice to meet you.”

“So, where are you staying?” Mitch asked. He said it politely, although from the wary glance he cast at his wife, Lois guessed that he was hoping Charlotte hadn't made her any promises.

“She can stay with me,” Jordan replied. He turned to Lois. “Is that all right with you, Grams?”

Charlotte frowned. “Are you sure, Jordan? Your place is pretty small. Maybe it would be better if we let her stay with Mitch and me at my hotel suite.”

Lois caught the flash of blind panic that swept across Mitch's face. “I'm sure Jordan's place is fine,” she said, quickly. “Besides, it looks like you and Mitch have some catching up to do.”

“Well...” Charlotte blushed a little. “I guess it has been a while since my last trip home. But only if you're sure, Grams.”

“Absolutely,” Lois assured her.

“Oh, can we just do one thing real quick, before Mitch and I go?” Charlotte asked, reaching into her purse. She pulled out the cellphone Lois had seen earlier. “I don't know how long you'll be able to stay, and I've just *got* to get a picture of this!”

Lois stared at the phone in her descendant's hand. “Are you going to call a photographer?” she asked.

The other three people snickered. “It's also a camera, Ma'am,” Mitch told her. “I'd say phones have come a long way since your time.”

“I guess so,” Lois agreed as Charlotte handed Mitch her phone. Three minutes later, she was standing in front of the famous globe of the Daily Planet, flanked by her two great-grandchildren, holding a baby in each arm, and smiling.

“Oh! And maybe one with each of the twins,” Charlotte suddenly suggested, “so they can both have something really special to look back on when they grow up. And do you think you can find someone to take one of all four of us?”

Lois kept smiling.

~•~