Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
As always, LabRat and Mike M have a nifty TOC if you need to catch up on previous chapters. Chapter 14 will be posted Friday morning.

So, what do you think? Thank you for reading this far!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! She made her first save undetected... sort of. Of course, there was security cameras. It's something Kara wouldn't think of, but Emily might...eventually. I'm glad the guys decided not to YouTube it; that would have been bad.

Tempus sure can be darn annoying. He's now beyond HG Wells in technology and making him play catch-up. Let's hope Wells is able to find something to help. I have this strange feeling that Tempus might lead them on a merry chase before they get to the right dimension. Meanwhile, that would leave Jordy and Laura vulnerable back in canon dimension.

I'm worried about the therapist appointment. Let's hope nothing happens to Kara between now and Friday that freaks her out and makes her want to tell all to Penny. I liked Penny when we were first introduced to her, but she could make this difficult for Kara if she decides that Emily isn't a suitable foster mother. Will she mention seeing Superman Returns with Kevin and Meagan? What will Penny think of her niece and nephew getting involved with Kara?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Penny frowned. “Emily, you know this is important.” She pulled out her smartphone and fiddled with it. “I have an hour Friday afternoon, at four; she should be out of school by then. Please call Lisa so she knows to block the time out, then bring Kara by.” It wasn’t a request.

Clearly the session won't go well unless they decide to include Penny in on the secret.

Delightful part, looking to forward to more.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think I said this before, I love the posting schedule.

I think it is amazing at how fast Kara is assimilating the powers. I bet at this time (first flight until current flight) Clark was still crashing into things. Certainly not:
Skimming just over the surface of the water, she followed a zigzag course to shore, avoiding a couple of boats. She hovered, hidden behind the breakwater, and waited for a few seconds, looking for a place she could leave the man without being seen, but where he’d be found quickly.

She zipped over behind an office and gently laid the man down. She stuck two fingers in her mouth and whistled loudly, then took off. Below her she heard, “What in the world was that?”

She waited long enough to see a couple of men come out of the office and find the man she’d saved; then she darted back to the cottage.

One of the men saw a flash of blue and red out of the corner of his eye, but when he looked up there was nothing there.

Three seconds later she was back home. The rapid flight had dried her suit and hair, but she was still covered in dried Delaware Bay water. For the first time she noticed the smell, which to her enhanced senses was acute. “Ewwww…”

It took her an extra seventeen seconds to shower with her uniform on, then dry off and put it away. Less than a minute after leaving the marina she was in school, walking back towards the cafeteria. Elapsed time: six minutes, twenty-four seconds.

I agree with Virginia and Framework that the next interesting test will be the therapist appointment. I will be interested in seeing how they handle that. From the way Penny reacted to her initial claims to be the daughter of Lois and Clark Kent I am unsure how much they will think they can tell her. I suspect that if she begins to look into moving Kara to a different home/environment they might be forced into bringing her in but nothing has happened (that they know of) strange enough to make that push yet. Of course as powerful as Kara is now I don't think I would want to try to 'make' her move if she did not want to...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the comments, everyone!
I think it is amazing at how fast Kara is assimilating the powers.
Indeed. grin There was a hint earlier in the story.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm flattered that Veritas was part of the inspiration for this story, which I'm enjoying greatly. I was busy writing Homecoming, but now that it's done, I finally have a chance to catch up. Love the story!

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks, Shayne! I loved Veritas. And Homecoming!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard