Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
The helpful TOC is here if you need to catch up on prior chapters. Chapter 13 will be posted Tuesday morning.

So, what do you think?

Top Banana
Top Banana
I love reading this. The way you handle the interplay between the kids is fabulous. The method of contacting Wells is ingenious and of course Lois would figure it out...

Of course this interchange was perfection
Kara paled and closed her eyes. Emily hugged her close. “I know you want to help, and I admire you so much for that. I think you are going to grow up to be a great superhero like your dad. But I think you need to wait till you do grow up. I don’t want you to do anything unless it would make a big, big difference: unless it would save many lives. If possible, I want you to stay hidden while you do it. And you’re to help only if it’s not going to hurt you or risk your safety. Your parents will be angry with me otherwise. Do you understand?” Emily felt queasy at the thought of making Superman angry with her.

Kara sighed and nodded. She pitied anyone who made her mom angry.

Of course speaking of making her mother angry, I await Lois and Tempus meeting up after this...

I always look forward to the next part.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
All the Kent children know which one of their parents they want to avoid making angry. wink

Thank you for the kind comments! I'm sorry I didn't reply much this week; it's been very, very busy.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by DebbieG
All the Kent children know which one of their parents they want to avoid making angry. wink
This is something all kids learn at an early age. I've got to say that line that Mike quoted between Emily thinking about SM and Kara thinking about Lois being more angry was rotflol terrific!

I'm glad Emily is thinking this whole "Supergirl" thing through, thoroughly. I was worried in the last part when she agreed to let Kara be Supergirl help out with disasters. I agree that Supergirl should only help out when lots of lives would be saved, such as an airliner in trouble or a sinking ship.

I like the idea of pulling Kara's hair back as part of her uniform. I don't think that the Supergirl from the comics did that, so it would be a new look and another thing that wouldn't automatically make people think "Kara Kent".

I'm almost wondering if Emily was right and maybe Kara should wear a different emblem here than she would at home. "America Girl" who didn't use her x-ray or heat vision and wore some kind of mask to cover her eyes. Then something that looked like a jetpack on her back to explain her flying... then again, Kara could probably consider that like lying. Then, again, it's probably too late to be changing her uniform again.

Will the Kents be sending all of their children to this dimension to get all their powers at once and learn at Emily's Super School on how to be heroes, when this adventure is done?

grumble Paradoxes. But that's what makes time / inter-dimensional travel stories so much fun to plot.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really great story. I'm eager to read more.
Congratulations on the story!!!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I like the idea of pulling Kara's hair back as part of her uniform. I don't think that the Supergirl from the comics did that, so it would be a new look and another thing that wouldn't automatically make people think "Kara Kent".
I got the hairband idea from Superman: The Animated Series, where Supergirl was not Kal-El's cousin, Kara Zor-El, but lived on Earth as Clark's cousin, Kara Kent:

[Linked Image]

That Kara has bangs, though; this story's Kara doesn't. I'm not aware of any "official" Supergirl who wears her hair back. Also, in this story Kara's uniform is the traditional Superman colors, and rather more modest, as befits an eleven year old. Kind of like this image from Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade:

[Linked Image]

but with short sleeves, cropped leggings, and flats instead of boots.

Will the Kents be sending all of their children to this dimension to get all their powers at once and learn at Emily's Super School on how to be heroes, when this adventure is done?
I don't want to give too much away, but I think Emily will be resigning as headmaster by the time this adventure is done. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard