Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
So, what do you think?

Chapter 7 will be up tomorrow night, as I'll be too busy Tuesday morning.

Speaking of which, I notice that there are significantly more views for chapter 5 than for chapter 4. Is it possible some people missed chapter 4 since they were both posted together?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Boy is Kara going to continue to have problems in this dimension. Everything is upside down. I see more library trips for her just to try to get caught up. Just wait until she starts hearing and seeing in super mode the poor girl will probably have a melt-down and without Lois or Clark there to tell her that it is all right and normal for her.

Debbie,

I have updated the TOC that LabRat posted in the TOC forum.

Since you are on a tight posting schedule you might want to include it at the Top of the FDK posting so people can find the past chapters. I will do my best to keep it up to date as you post.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I know I viewed the most recent chapter more than once so that could be part of that.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
It would stand to reason that if some of the real character/heros in her world are fictional in this one, then some of the fictional ones in hers are real. I'm actually slightly surprised the teacher didn't state that there was a historical fiction version of Amelia instead of calling what she read as non-fiction. I know that I used to have two "novels" that were biographies (one about Clara Barton and one about Amelia Earhart) that read like historical fiction so it would stand to reason that she'd know of that.

*edit* I do think the "bubble" bursting is actually her powers starting to activate somehow.

Last edited by Christina; 05/25/14 01:17 PM.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I was wondering if I should do something about a TOC — I didn't realize LabRat had already set one up! Thanks for pointing me to it!

I will definitely include the link at the top of every FDK post.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
A girl said, “No, Amelia Earhart was a real person. I saw a special on her on the History Channel…”

Everyone was looking at her; she dropped her eyes to her desk, her face on fire and her mind swimming. How could Amelia Earhart be a real person?

We don't know that the teacher didn't point out that lots of novels are written about real people. Kara clearly was no longer listening at that point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biographical_novel
http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/biographical-novels

I do hope Kara turns out to have Clark's gift for languages.

Last edited by Framework4; 05/25/14 11:24 PM.

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
I'm loving this story so far (doing some catching up on things right now, glad I caught this when I did, so I'm not too far behind wink ). Can't wait for more, maybe I'll have more comments in the future.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
The other day I bought a little-kid biography of Amelia Earheart for my daughter, but I've had zero luck in getting her interested in reading it.

I like the idea that real people here would be fictional characters where Kara's from. That's some nice symmetry.

I imagine that Kara is going to be very reluctant from now on to volunteer answers in class.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Amelia Earhart from The Girl Who Flew Hee hee on the name of the book. I think another girl will be flying soon (or so we hope.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard