Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Kara certainly has gotten someone's attention. Let me know what you think!

Next post is on Sunday.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well what can you expect from starving Kryptonian Extensions when they finally get sunlight... Particularly since according to the previous chapter her brother began developing his superpowers at 11 also. This could be fun in a short period of time.

And obviously Kevin is a Superman fan.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, no! Not when Kara just had made friends with Megan. I hope Kevin doesn't spill his theory to Megan. I'm hoping that Kevin will be a nice guy and someone Kara will be able to be friends with. I'd hate for him to ruin her new life by one wrong word to his sister. Middle school girls can be the worst when it comes to teasing.

Sounds like Paige was jealous of Kara's smarts and trying to make herself feel better by badmouthing Kara. Definitely a good person for Kara to avoid. Hopefully, Kara will gain some self-confidence and people skills in her new dimension before returning home and dealing with her nemesis.

/steps on soapbox/ I'm not a big fan of people not having a land line telephone in the house. I keep one for safety reasons. I use it for local calls and for 9-1-1. Although, I must admit the telemarketers are a bit of a pain, especially for someone on the Do Not Call List. They all have a way around it. What if your cell phone dies, is lost, stolen, or your kids/guests/*you* need to reach someone? Also, I'd rather give people my land line and screen calls, and keep my cell number just for people I know. Kids don't need cell phones; they need to learn to communicate with each other face to face first. My daughter certainly won't have one at 11. At 16, I might give her a choice between a cell phone or a car. We'll see.

Before cell phones there were other things to get kids to tune out. I remember going on a field trip with my class in college once and being the only one a) looking out the window at the scenery (this trip was in Greece), and b) without a Walkman. The bus was silent. I found it sad then; I find the same thing with cell phones and iPods sad now. /steps off soapbox/

With one wrong word Kevin can ruin Kara's life. I'm sure he's put together Kara's name, what Megan said about Kara's folks/backstory, and his aunt's request for comic books and figured out *why* they haven't been able to reach Kara's folks. Hey! Maybe this is just the thing to get him to unplug from his video gaming.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale.
“Kara Kent.”
Kevin, who had just taken a large swig of Vanilla Coke, started coughing violently, spewing soda all over his dinner.
Clearly a Laura Vandervoort fan.

Framework4
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
The other Kara Kent on TV was from Superman: The Animated Series. In that show, Supergirl was Kara In-Ze, so she wasn't Kal-El's cousin. But her secret identity was Kara Kent, Clark's (supposed) cousin.

Kevin might be more familiar with her than with Kara Kent from Smallville.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by DebbieG
The other Kara Kent on TV was from Superman: The Animated Series. In that show, Supergirl was Kara In-Ze, so she wasn't Kal-El's cousin. But her secret identity was Kara Kent, Clark's (supposed) cousin.

Kevin might be more familiar with her than with Kara Kent from Smallville.

Or maybe he's just REALLY familiar with the comics (as there was plenty of those with Kara Kent/Kara Zor-El). Either way, he suspects that she thinks of herself as related (directly) to Clark Kent/Superman (whether as a cousin or the child of).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, a Superman fan! Is he the key to Kara's rescue?

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, it's obvious that Kevin has made the Kara-Superman connection. I hope he doesn't talk with Kara directly about this because I'm sure she can't lie worth a darn.

OTOH, maybe it would be a good idea for him to talk with Kara - after all, we need some comic book science to get her home! smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard