Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
So, what do you think? Comments go here.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since you thanked Shayne Terry's Veritas, I'm guessing it's time to queue the ominous music. Dun. Dun. Dunnnnnn.

Oh, dear, I have a strange feeling like someone dumped Mr. and Mrs. Kent's little girl in another dimension where Lois and Clark are fictional people... i.e. the name of your fic. Poor kid. It's one thing to time jump as an adult, it's another to do this to a kid. sad Poor Kara. mecry I hope she finds a Lois Lane in this dimension, but I'm guessing she won't.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cool! I'm excited about the Shayne Terry's Veritas influence as well... Perhaps Tempus dumped Lois and Clark's daughter into another real-world dimension?

Next (rhetorical -- I don't expect answers yet) questions -- Supergirl is Kal-El's cousin from cannon, correct? Is Kara named after her or is she essentially 'Supergirl'? Meaning, does she have powers? Was she affected by kryptonite, and that is how whomever kidnapped her got her? And, now that the hospital has her blood, will anyone notice anything weird?

Definitely intrigued! Can't wait for the next part! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very intrigued. When the little girl woke up I began to wonder if it would turn out that she had been sent back in time. But then with the last couple of sentences, plus the story title, I'm guessing that she's in the 'real' world where Superman is just a comic book character.

But, if Lois and Clark are characters in the story (though not main characters) I'm wondering if this is a world where Lois and Clark do exist - in some form - even though the world thinks they are comic book characters. Or, do Kara's parents come looking for her, into this 'real' world.

Glad you are posting 3 times a week, or it would seem far too long off the end and a (happy?) resolution.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Intriguing! I'm eager to see how this goes. Should be interesting with the age you've put Kara at - 11 is just old enough to have awareness of some of the craziness in the world, but (usually) without enough experience to have any clue what to do when something bad happens.

Looking forward to the next part!

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice start, well done. Looking forward to more.

Veritas, by Shayne Terry,
http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2011/veritas.txt

Family Reunion, by Mr. Beeto
http://www.bigapricot.org/cgi-bin/showstory.pl?url=beeto/reunion

I've read these two. I'll look for the others.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Debbie,

Great start to what seems like it will be a great adventure for Kara. I can't wait to see where it goes. Time/Dimension travel certainly appears to be in the cards though.

Exciting times ahead for Kara and probably everyone else involved in the story.

BTW, I love the title.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 05/18/14 12:29 AM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
BTW, I love the title.
Thanks! I had fun with the story and chapter titles. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, dear, I have a strange feeling like someone dumped Mr. and Mrs. Kent's little girl in another dimension where Lois and Clark are fictional people... i.e. the name of your fic.

+1

This can't be good for Kara.

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by Framework4
Veritas, by Shayne Terry,
http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2011/veritas.txt

Family Reunion, by Mr. Beeto
http://www.bigapricot.org/cgi-bin/showstory.pl?url=beeto/reunion

I've read these two. I'll look for the others.

The other two aren't fanfics. Superman: Secret Identity is a graphic novel, and Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade is a six-issue comic book. I haven't read the Supergirl one, but Secret Identity is a great story.

Debbie, I like your story premise. I'm interested to see how things get resolved.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard