Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#252871 04/26/14 10:18 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hopefully I'll make another update before the week is out, but if I don't, it may be a couple of weeks until the next post. Big family function next weekend that means flying across the country twice in 3 days, yikes! Though sometimes airplanes are good places for writing.

So what do YOU think was going on in Superman's head?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. Finally, Lois and Superman talk. And it revealed just as much as it left hidden.

I'm pretty sure this IS the real Clark. He was concerned once she started talking about Clark, especially when she mentioned his mother. He's afraid she knows the Clark=Superman.

Also, he stopped her from saying things that he couldn't reply to without causing problems ... Lois looked for listening devices, but the one place she didn't look ... Superman himself. What if he's the one being tracked, being tagged. This is why 'Clark' has never shown up.

Still, why was 'Superman' also missing for all those years? What were they doing to him in the mean time?

Hope they get to talk soon. Hope there is romance and kisses somewhere in the future.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! [Hyper] They've talked. Kinda. Sorta. Not really. Superman interrupting Lois every time she tries to get straight answer out of him clearly means that someone is listening in. (I agree with KatherineKent. It's hidden in that nice new suit of his.) Does he know about Jason and just doesn't want her to mention it so that Trask, et al, won't find out? Or is he still oblivious? Would SM be able to read a note from Lois without the powers holding him hostage knowing about it? I'm guessing he might, being that he covered her mouth, so he doesn't suspect camera, only audio bugs. How are they controlling him? Is there Kryptonite hidden in his suit which will be released if he doesn't do what they tell him to? Are they holding someone else hostage and threatening to kill that person if he doesn't do what they want? Because if they're just tracking him with the suit, wouldn't he be able to take it off and throw it into the sun and be free? There must be more to it than that. [Shock]

He surely doesn't seem to know anything about what's going on with his mother. I hope Lois will talk to Martha and tell her that she spoke to SM, and what he said (and didn't say) about Clark. Did she think Clark was Superman and that's why they disappeared at roughly the same time? Makes sense, mostly because its true. I can see what Superman doesn't want that theory known, though. It could endanger Lois, Martha, Jimmy, Perry, and anyone else who knew Clark well (Lana?).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I agree with KatherineKent that this must be the real Superman. He's got to be bugged. It's probably built into that new suit of his, along with some sort of GPS tracker, probably. I like Virginia's idea of kryptonite in the suit that they can threaten to release in order to control them. That's incredibly sinister and much more effective than just having a hostage.

I wonder if he thinks that since Lois is in touch with Martha and she's asking him about Clark that she must know who he is?

Lois and Martha must have never discussed Jason and what happened with Zod. If Lois let slip to Martha that she thought that Jason might be Superman's, I imagine that Martha might have told Lois that he's Clark so that she could be acknowledged as Jason's grandma.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for all the responses! Yeah, it's really our Clark. But he's definitely in a bit of trouble. Lois just hasn't figured out what kind, yet, or what to do about it.

I suspect she's starting to think this is the week from hell. Her plane nearly crashes, Superman shows back up unexpectedly after 5+ years, she's juggling multiple investigations and stuck with a partner on one, her fiancé is asking questions she'd really rather avoid getting into, she gets shot at while trailing the deputy mayor, and now Superman is acting paranoid. What next?

KatherineKent, it'll probably be a while for some good romance! Unless you mean with Richard, which I really doubt. lol Maybe I can finagle in some flashbacks/memories to fill in the gaps.

Virginia and mrsMxyzptlk, the new suit does seem to be inspiring some scary speculation! If you don't mind, I may use some of the theories being thrown around here in Lois's brainstorming. hail I know what what's going on behind the scenes, but since Lois doesn't, her imagination may start going into overdrive!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by ColleenMA
Virginia and mrsMxyzptlk, the new suit does seem to be inspiring some scary speculation! If you don't mind, I may use some of the theories being thrown around here in Lois's brainstorming. hail I know what what's going on behind the scenes, but since Lois doesn't, her imagination may start going into overdrive!
I only speak for myself, but I feel any suggestions or theories thrown out during FDK are ripe for the author of said story to steal. wink I know many a FanFic Challenge has come from FDK discussions (on plot points not being picked up by the writer). I'd love to see what Lois comes up with.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/28/14 06:57 PM.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
KatherineKent, it'll probably be a while for some good romance! Unless you mean with Richard, which I really doubt. lol Maybe I can finagle in some flashbacks/memories to fill in the gaps.

whinging

Yeah, she's still engaged. It's not right to get her together with Clark/Superman while still engaged. And she would also seem very shallow if she just ended it with Richard suddenly too.

Still ... I'm hoping and dreaming!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
M
Columnist
Columnist
M

Be my guest! I'm just as eager as Lois to find out what's really going on! smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Just dropping a note that Operation Argus will be on hiatus for a few weeks. I have a French proficiency exam in two weeks, and I'm feeling a bit of pressure about it thud so I think it's best if I set this aside while I concentrate on studying. I really have to pass this one in order to be ready to leave for my new job overseas at the end of June! (Which is in Kinshasa, so I'm sure around Christmas I'll have an idea for a Lois in the Congo fic.)

In the meantime, merci beaucoup for following this, and I'll be eager to pick it up again soon!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good luck with your exams.

Wow! Kinshasa. That's off the beaten path.

Which is in Kinshasa, so I'm sure around Christmas I'll have an idea for a Lois in the Congo fic.
Let's hope your internet connection is fast enough to post it. hyper

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard