OP Offline
Kerth
Any thoughts? Like / dislike?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
Kerth
Wow, Marcus! clap

I came looking this morning for a one-off story because I don't have much time and found this. I simply couldn't wander away without saying "thank you!" To say that I very much enjoyed it would be an understatement. Excellent writing, tight plotting, and wry humor -- it's perfect!

I did think of the O. Henry story when I saw the title. And then I was intrigued by the 'verses you were involving it. I've only seen a couple PoI episodes, but I thought you nailed the characters. I kept wondering when Batman/Bruce would show up. It took me until the end of the story to realize who Matches really was. blush Very well done, indeed. And with a stink bomb, to boot. lol

Thank you so much for the entertainment! And the bonus cartoon at the end. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was extremely good. I've never seen PoI but I got the idea straight away. I did expect to see Jason do something 'suspicious' but in the end I much prefer your version and the Batman tease, which was a real surprise.

Thanks

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I really thought Person of Interest was better known. The premise is fairly complicated, but about all that you really need to know is that the machine predicts murders, and gives Finch the social security number of either the murderer or the victim (or in one recent episode someone who is about to be both), but they don't initially know which it is. They then have to find the person, find out what's going on, and stop it if they can.

Reese is ex-CIA and ex Green Beret, and is becoming an urban myth as "the man in the suit," a mysterious but well-dressed vigilante / rescuer whom nobody can find.

Glad everyone likes the picture - it's one of the iconic Batman pictures with some fairly crude editing but seems to work.

Marcus L. Rowland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
I really thought Person of Interest was better known. The premise is fairly complicated, but about all that you really need to know is that the machine predicts murders, and gives Finch the social security number of either the murderer or the victim (or in one recent episode someone who is about to be both), but they don't initially know which it is. They then have to find the person, find out what's going on, and stop it if they can.

Reese is ex-CIA and ex Green Beret, and is becoming an urban myth as "the man in the suit," a mysterious but well-dressed vigilante / rescuer whom nobody can find.

Glad everyone likes the picture - it's one of the iconic Batman pictures with some fairly crude editing but seems to work.
Okay, so, it's like Minority Report? Gotcha. That makes it make more sense. I was totally lost there for a little while. Interesting that Bruce would go undercover as a gangster to bust up the crime syndicates. I just watched Batman: Year One recently (man, that was bloody) and I thought he decided trying to go undercover that way was a bad idea, but I guess, he's older and wiser now. So, Richard White was the reason behind the kidnapping/murder attempt, not Lois and Clark? Cool twist. Never would have thought of that.

clap love the image at the end too. Were you saying that they should use that for Matches or Reese?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Reese - it's the "suit-signal"

Marcus L. Rowland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Basically what everybody else just said.

Plus, extra points to you for working in an O. Henry story. I always enjoyed "The Ransom of Red Chief". It was a simpler time back then.

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard