Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#251 04/26/03 11:44 AM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Alicia, I am so glad that you told us on IRC you'd written this! Now you know why we have this rule about withholding fic, don't you? smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#252 04/26/03 01:17 PM
Columnist
Columnist
(Posting this from the airport - waiting for our plane and totally bored by the wait)

Beautiful, Alicia - very poignant.

Irene
who would post a longer comment, but this clunker of a keyboard is $#%2876*&^%$

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#253 04/26/03 01:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What Wendy said smile

This was well-done, Alicia. And I did like the idea that he felt better just seeing Lois there; she's obviously his anchor.

Write more, post more!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#254 04/26/03 04:02 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Oh, Alicia, I don’t know to say what whinging !!!
Hope more!

#255 04/26/03 08:09 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey...

What a wonderful story...

As Wendy said You've captured Clark's feelings very well...

Well done..

Post more

Meni wave

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
#256 04/26/03 08:10 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you for posting this, Alicia. I enjoyed it very much. You really portrayed Clark's feelings so well. After all these years he's still strugling with being too late to rescue. This is spot-on and heart wrenching. And then you bring Lois into it... a safe haven, even if she is asleep. <sight> Wonderful!

You just keep on writing Alicia, and show it to us! You can't leave us in the dark!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#257 04/26/03 08:29 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Beautiful and poignant, Alicia! whinging I enjoyed the second read just as much as the first. Clark's feelings in the aftermath of the accident are very well portrayed, and I love it that just seeing Lois asleep brings him enough sense of peace to jump back onto the saddle right away. smile

Don't ever try to withhold fic from us again! wildguy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#258 04/27/03 01:02 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was lovely, Alicia. There was one awful moment when I was this that I thought that it was Lois and their two kids that had died in the crash, but I managed to start breathing again when I realised it wasn't!

I really enjoy reading stories like this, where I get a snapshot of life of the characters, and you portrayed Clark and his feelings brilliantly.

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#259 04/27/03 02:55 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well done to all those irc naggers! smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#260 04/27/03 08:36 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Wendy did a great job of saying what I was thinking while reading this story. You've done a wonderful job of portraying Clark's feelings and I had a happy tear in my eye at the end.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories. smile

~Anna

#261 04/27/03 02:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw very sweet. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#262 04/28/03 02:43 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I really liked this. Loved the way you took us through his entire mood - justifying the whole thing. No self-pity here, but a definite question of WHY? and no answer. Because there is none. It's a situation many folks face every day, as you very rightly point out. Every doctor, nurse, fireman, cop, etc is a superman in his or her own way.

and I hope that everyone of them finds a Lois. Also loved the way that she brought him back from the awful depression.

Great fic. Thanks for sharing!

Betsy Rogers
birdies95@att.net
birdies95@hotmail.com

tweet tweet (they've killed my birdies emoticons sob)
#263 04/28/03 03:26 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Alicia
beautiful story
very poignant
merry

#264 04/28/03 04:59 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Dittoing what everyone else has said - great story. clap

Tying in a pregnancy to a new awareness by Superman of life was especially touching.

Beautiful work - I look forward to reading more.

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
#265 04/28/03 12:10 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Wendy, Irene, Pam, mymy, Meni, Saskia, Kaethel, Loriel, LabRat, Anna, Laura, Betsy, Merry and Elle. Wow, I am shocked that so many people liked my story - especially because I thought it was really bad and was really scared to post it laugh .

A lot of you know that I was really leery about posting this story. I didn't think it was very good - actually, I though it was really bad and I was going to scrap it. So thank you to everyone on IRC that reminded me of the rules about withholding fanfic. My first time on IRC and I learned the hard way about telling people that I wrote something wink .

mymy, Lois didn't die. It was actually another family that Clark didn't know that reminded Clark that it could have been Lois that he couldn't save. She is okay safe and sound at home (ps. mymy, do you still need any help with your matlab project? I have time to help now if you still need it).

Betsy said:
It's a situation many folks face every day, as you very rightly point out. Every doctor, nurse, fireman, cop, etc is a superman in his or her own way.
Exactly. You phrased that better than I ever could smile . I can't take credit for this thought, though - it was Kaethel's suggestion smile .

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#266 04/28/03 08:29 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awwwwww. smile Very sweet, Alicia, and a lovely rendering of "being with you is stronger than me alone." Just the sight of Lois is enough to recharge him. As Clark himself said, she sustains him.

Part of me wishes he hadn't heard that cry for help, and that he would have gotten the opportunity to spend that night with Lois. But I do like the way you come full circle, and have Clark go to the rescue with the fresh determination, inspired by his wife, to go out there and keep making a difference.

Thanks for this one, Alicia!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#267 04/28/03 11:02 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Alicia

This story is superb. Beautifully written! smile1 smile1

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story.

Tricia cool

#268 04/29/03 01:53 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a wonderful, wonderful story, Alicia!

I'm so glad I decided to forget about writing today and catch up my reading.

This little gem made it all worthwhile. drool

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
#269 04/29/03 04:58 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I just wanted to add my BRAVA! Really nice writing style, too!

Keep it up!

[Linked Image]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#270 04/30/03 03:21 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thank you so much, everyone! I can't believe so many people read (and liked smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard