Next Thread
Print Thread
#2468 06/04/03 04:10 AM
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay, Missy, I really, really cared about Clark in the cage this time. smile

You did a great job of getting him out there himself. Much more realistic than the show, where hey, despite being exposed to green K for so many hours, he just happened to have enough control left to manipulate his belt into a knot around the key ring! (In the comics, when Clark escaped a similar trap, at least he had a belt buckle.) :rolleyes: I especially liked his frustration at trying to get out of the Suit without his powers to help. As I said, very realistic. I really felt for the poor boy when he dozed off out of sheer exhaustion. goofy

Glad to see Lois' doubts increasing. Let them increase more, okay? And give us more, soon!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sorry, I am not going to comment because I already did that on the nfic part, but I just had say:

he just happened to have enough control left to manipulate his belt into a knot around the key ring
It wasn`t his belt, it was....I don`t know what it`s called in english but it was a ribbon or something like that which Lex left in his cage after having asked him if he prefered the red or the white one, remember

smile sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay! laugh Things are definitely looking up! Both Clark and Lois are finding their way out of the snares Luthor has bound them in! Nice parallelism, by the way -- Clark's physical trap and Lois' emotional entanglement.

I liked him using the pieces of the Suit -- quite clever.

He was trapped.

Trapped in his own suit.
Poor Clark, but also mecry , on Lois' rationalizations of why not to marry for love -- but still not wanting to be alone.

I like how this segment ended better than the last one... wink ...but I'm suspicious that it won't really be that simple...

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Missy, good instalment.

Lois is still being stupid, but there's hope, at least.

Quite the escape for our boy. You did a good job of detailing exactly what he had to go through in order to get out. It made it more realistic and showcased more of what makes him a hero. His incredible will, and never give up attitude.

The only bad part was that a really good wham opportunity was wasted.

Tank (who figures Lois, in an effort to take her mind off her problems, goes and gets a nice haircut only to have Lex say he hates it and the wedding is off, problem solved wink )

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Hazel, Sunshine, Rivka and Tank!!

Thanks for the comments! Glad you cared about Clark in the cage blush Those zippers can be a pain!!

More coming up soon!!

Missy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. thumbsup

The kryptonite had been altered to slowly eat away at his molecular structure. The hair that he had obtained from him to create the Superman clone had been very useful in providing insight into how his body worked. And he was never expected to escape.
eek Not good.

Martha hated lying for her son, but covering up his activities had become second nature to her. Actually, she didn't know how those ugly burns had gotten on Clark's hands, but she was sure it wasn't a pretty story.

"I think he was just coming down with this flu when it happened. He must have gotten dizzy or something and fell," Martha said, matter of factly.

"Is he going to be okay? He looks so sick!"

"Just a nasty strain of flu, dear. It just seemed to hit Clark worse than other people."

Martha scurried out of the room, quite pleased to see the concern that Lois was showing for her son. Clark clearly loved Lois – she had highly suspected it the time he had brought her to Smallville. Every time someone brought up her name, there had been a twinkle in his eye and a secret smile on his lips - something she had never seen on her son's face before he had met Lois.

Now this girl was stroking her boy's cheek and holding his hand... Nope! It wouldn't take much!
evil Martha start talking.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard