Next Thread
Print Thread
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Comments here, please.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm really not a soap opera fan, so I wasn't at all sure about this premise. But so far, it's great! Drama, comedy... wink Keep it up!

Clark couldn't believe it. Of all the things he'd thought that had caused her such distress, and she was crying over a soap opera! He stared at the box in his hand for another few seconds, then couldn't hold it in any longer. He started laughing.
I'm with him... goofy

Great notion, that there's a deeper reason for Lois' response to the soap opera! thumbsup

Post more soon, please?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
interesting, windfall. you got all the right soap elements in the beginning. the sobbing, the holding, crossing the room, the couch, the reluctance to talk, etc.

i like your description of the story, too. laugh

looking forward to seeing where you go with this. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Too funny. I've seen a few, though I'm not really a fan of soaps, but this scenario is just too accurate.

Lois uses soaps as a surrogate for a real love life, so maybe Clark can show her how real life and a real love can be so much better.

But since this is a soap, there are many trials and tribulations ahead, what with the potential of twins, long lost spouses, relatives returning from the dead, numerous weddings and divorces ahead, operations that make one person suddenly look and sound like a completely different person (even in height or age), what comes next could be very interesting. wave

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
An intriguing beginning, Windfall; I'll be interested to see where you go with it.

I agree with Roger on the surrogate angle - which could provide many interesting comparisons between the soap and Lois's real life relationships. wink

More please.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
You’re right, Clark. Okay, here goes,” she said, and took a deep breath. Clark gave her hands a reassuring squeeze, then prepared himself for the worst.

“Jack broke up with Gwendolyn!” she blurted out, then struggled to stifle another sob. “He dumped her, just like that,” she snapped her fingers, “for no good reason.”

Whatever Clark had expected to hear, that was not it. “What?” he asked, confused.
hyper <- Today like the graemlin wink

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I haven`t read the fic yet, I just wanted to say WELCOME TO THESE BOARDS!!!

sunshine wave

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have no experience with soaps, but the premise seems funny and good. smile

LOL at the typical scenes that "would" have ensued if LnC was a soap opera... oh, yeah, they did! goofy

Great parallel potential here. Looking forward to more!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
As the World Turns was my mother's favorite soap. She used to keep me updated since I never watched it. I tolerated her vicarious ups and downs -- it must be how my friends look at me when I go on and on about our favorite couple.

Puting a soap and LnC together is a great premise. Lois' Ivory Tower could give Clark a chance to show Lois a better way a relationship can go.

I'm very interested in where you will be taking this. Great job!!!!

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh wow. Lois crying over the Ivory Tower.
rotflol rotflol
That had me howling with laughter! I can't wait to see where this goes. Welcome to the boards, and keep writing!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
lol
I'm usually not a soap opera fan, but this had me
rotflol
*g*
I love the premise...and you're proving all my prejudices in concern of soaps right! It's great and I want more more and...more!
(Who would have thought :p )

~Sira

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Windfall

A great start! smile1
Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. clap

She again lifted her head from his shoulder to see the cassette case in his hand. She nodded, sniffling.

“This is why you were crying when I got here?” he asked again, this time with a trace of disbelief.

“Um-hmm,” she replied, looking at the case like it was an obituary. “I couldn’t believe it. She loves him so much, and he just…walked away,” she shook her head hopelessly. She looked at her partner, expecting to find his eyes full of sympathy. Instead, he looked like he was trying not to laugh.

Clark couldn’t believe it. Of all the things he’d thought that had caused her such distress, and she was crying over a soap opera! He stared at the box in his hand for another few seconds, then couldn’t hold it in any longer. He started laughing.
:rolleyes: Why that doesn't surprise me. huh

After a moment, Clark was finally able to stop. With tears in his eyes, he addressed his livid partner. “Lois, I’m sorry. I’m really, really sorry. I don’t mean to laugh at you. It’s just, when I tried to imagine all the things that could’ve upset you like this,” he sighed, hoping she’d see the humor in it, “an episode of ‘The Ivory Tower’ is *not* what came to mind.” She continued to stare straight ahead in stony silence. ‘Apparently not’, Clark thought, so he decided to go with a sincere apology. “Lois, I am very sorry for laughing at you. You were obviously affected by something, and I shouldn’t have treated it so lightly,” he said softly.

He watched her, hoping she’d accept what he said, fearful she’d boot him out the door. But, after a while her body language relaxed, and she turned to face him.
rotflol rotflol

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Windfall, great beginning here..... smile1

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Features Writer
Features Writer
Windfall,
great beginning
can't wait to see where you take us readers
more
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard