OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
S

#24196 09/14/05 05:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool Beautiful!

Walter was by now sitting perfectly still; and the blank expression on his face was slowly changing to one of thunderstruck disbelief. His head began to slowly shake back and forth. "Do you know," he said as he felt his cheeks redden, "I never once even though of that!"
confused The same question I ask my self?

More ASAP, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#24197 09/14/05 06:35 PM
S
Snave Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
S
The answer to your last question is simple: 'Cause if Walter *had* thought of that, I wouldn't have a story! (I wasn't clever enough to find a way around that one.)

#24198 09/15/05 02:15 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Snave

A great part! smile1

Tricia cool

#24199 09/15/05 09:18 PM
S
Snave Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
S
I'm a newbie at MB's; and I don't know if the protocol here includes dialog in a thread (i.e. you post, then I post, then you post, then -- etc.) But I'll take a chance that it does, and say the following:

A couple of you (and others whom I have let read this) have expressed a wish to read about what happened between Emma and her parents *after* the angel's identity was revealed to Lois; and I suspect that others would express a similar wish.

I don't do angst.

It's not a philosophical thing, or even a guy thing. It's an ineptitude thing. I'm just no good at it.

I can handle self-introspection to some degree; as when Emma has to deal with her burgeoning powers, and what they surely will mean in her life; but angst-filled interplay between two or more people? Uh-uh.

Brief side-trip: In the first Batman movie a few years ago, Alfred leads Vicki Vale into the Batcave, where Bruce Wayne is ruminating over how to deal with the Joker. She says something like "Why didn't you tell me? Why wouldn't you let me in?" "You got in," he says; "But he's still out there, and I've gotta go to work." Our local movie critic was furious: "HE didn't tell her he was Batman, ALFRED had to tell her! And he told her *off-camera*!!"

I really enjoyed that approach. It let me use my own imagination (which, in my self-conceit, I believe to be better than the script-writer's, anyway). And I think I had more fun with it than if someone else had figured it out for me in advance, and then shoved it in my face.

What I'm saying is, I have no confidence in writing in an angst-filled scene; but if anybody else asks, I *will* try my hand at adding a segment onto the end (sort of a retrospective-with-flashback, rather than wedging it into what's already been written). That way, if you don't like it, then I can leave it off. And, I don't have to give up the satisfaction of having the reader thinking, halfway through, that the scene which s/he would rather have spelled out for them, instead happened 'off-camera'.

What do you say? If anyone is interested, I can probably have it ready by Sunday, as an add-on section. Otherwise, tomorrow's segment will be the end of the story.

Hmm? Please reply in this thread.

Snave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard