Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay, more WLMC! smile

This was great. Almost entirely b-plot. smile

I loved how Lois fell asleep in Clark's arms. And that she was mad at herself for missing the flight! smile1

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice section, Wendy! Not that A-plot isn't nice, but B-plot is just nicer. laugh

Clark's introspection during the flight to Lois' was well done. The stuff about Superman and finally being able to use his abilities in public, AND the thoughts about Lois. goofy

“Lois, you’ve had two nights with next to no sleep. You’re dead on your feet. Plus it’s been a heck of a traumatic night. I can’t hold you to anything you might say or do in this state! You need to get some sleep. We can talk later, okay?” he suggested.

“Clark!” Lois exclaimed. “Are you trying to give me the brush-off for my own good here?”

“Uh...” He floundered a little as he realised that her interpretation could be seen as valid. “Not really. It’s just that... oh, heck, Lois! You must know that I’m attracted to you! But I can’t let you make any sort of commitment now, when you’re almost asleep on your feet -”
Big dork that he is! He always tries to be so darned noble and ends up over-doing it every time!!! :rolleyes:

But thankfully Lois put him in-line this time:
“Clark!”

“What?”

“Shut up!”

And suddenly he had an armful of soft, yielding woman in his arms again, her lips on his, her arms around his neck. And he wasn’t going to argue with that!
goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Top Banana
Top Banana
muttergrumblewherearethewhamswhenyouneedthemgrumblemutter

Okay, very nice section, all that B-plot. I just love Lois here. First sleeping through the flight, then getting embarresed and sweet, moving over to kissing and some nice insights when she's half way to sleep! wink She's really amazing there, thinking straight and sleeping... not something I can do.

And Clark is cute too. Still insecure, but also very sure of what he wants. Both for the relationship and his alter ego.

So... where's the action? The whams? The angst? The things I like to read? :p Two parts without it, that's no good! There is a way to make up for that (and for the short part this was grumble ): post more NOW !!!!!!

Saskia (die nu toch echt wat erge dingen wil zien gebeuren nu het weer zo warm is en er afkoeling nodig is en een goede schrikreactie zal daar zeker bij hebben... dus???)

PS thought it be better to do it mostly in Engish, despite what I may have said somewhere earlier. wink

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another great part! I see you've gone ahead with your evil plans to get more comments by including more great smoochies. laugh

But... maybe not. If he ensured that his behaviour, his posture, even his tone of voice were all different when he wore his uniform - when he was... well, Superman, if that was what Lois was insisting on calling him, though he was still far from happy with the name. Then maybe, just maybe, it could work...
If Clark had to name himself, he'd probably call himself something like Invisible-Ordinary-Helper Man or something silly like that.

If her guess was right, he just needed to be persuaded that she wouldn’t reject him. And that was just too ironic for words - Lois Lane, the woman who’d been rejected by just about every man she’d cared about. But then, her experience did mean that she understood how he might feel.
Glad that Lois had the wisdom to see through to Clark's insecurities, rather than having her own insecurities eat away at what could be the start of a great relationship. In an unusual, for Lois, flash of inspiration, she realizes Clark is more scared than she is.

This part was just too short, but at least, it was all B-plot driven. More soon!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Well, Clark may be acting too noble for his own good, but at least Lois is getting smarter! laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awww Wendy another sweet part. I loved the scene where Lois fell asleep in Clark's arms. It was really touching goofy

I think it was funny that Clark was debating with himself about putting Lois on bed. That comment about going to the Artic was really funny thumbsup I'm already looking forward to the next part.

Raquel (who wants more and more smoochies and it's eager to see the scene in Smallville blush )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool I want Smallville!

He’d given her the very strong impression that what he expected from people - from women in particular - was rejection. He’d expected her to be afraid of him, or of what he could do. Or maybe fear wasn’t the right emotion; maybe prejudice was what he’d expected.

He hadn’t said so, but she had a sneaking suspicion that he’d been rejected at some point by a woman, and very probably for something to do with his differences. So he had simply expected her to do the same.
eek Don't let him go, girl.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Wendy

Another great part

“Clark!”

“What?”

“Shut up!”

And suddenly he had an armful of soft, yielding woman in his arms again, her lips on his, her arms around his neck. And he wasn’t going to argue with that!
Love this bit, sleepy Lois thinking stright. Going for what she wants

Looking forward to the next part

Meni smile1

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey!

Though I haven't gotten around to posting my comments lately(what do you know, intentions don't seem to be enough sometimes! laugh ) I'm still enjoying every word of this. smile

I can't believe we got smoochies in the last two parts! As good as that is, I have to agree with what some other FoLCs said after part 22. There has to be something boiling. You definitely have to claim revenge for your brother... er... for Lex... laugh I'm sure you have something in store for us (but just so you know, if you don't, and it's all smoochies, I could leave with that. Honest!!)

Apart from that, I really liked Lois's introspection in this part and how she cares about what Clark migght feel or think. More than that, I like that she is honest with herself about her feelings towards Clark.

This was a great part to read, though with one small but. It left me wanting more and now I have to wait too long before I get more! smile1

Cris (still supposed to be studying)

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“If it was up to me, there’d definitely be a you and me,” he told her without any further hesitation.
Heck yeah, way to get that out in the open. Three cheers for Clark.

Yeah, I guess we eventually will have to find out what happens to Lex... goofy

Jen
Tireless Defender of the B-Plot

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
I loved this section! And I especially loved the insights about how Lois, usually the insecure one, had to be the one to reassure Clark that she did want to try to be in a relationship with him.

Excellent installment!

Irene smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Jaz Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Another Great Part wave

Thanks!!

Jaz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stress: The confusion created when ones' mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately needs it.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Wendy, Wendy, Wendy, I can't believe you wrote this. I would never have expected it from you.

Tsk, Tsk, pandering to the gentle readers like this is just... shameful.

How could you write an entire instalment (and a short one at that) where nothing happens except another boring kiss. I mean how many ways can one write a stupid kiss. Their lips meet and they kiss, big deal.

Okay, so you can claim that it was there for B plot development. Bah! They are no farther along than they were last time. I'm afrain I'm going to have to put my foot down here and demand you place all this B plot nonsense on that back burner for a while and get to the important parts of the story. THE WHAMS! (and the haircut?)

Tank (who tells Wendy she'd better watch out because of her posting these longer stories he may just catch up with his vignette binge... a perusal of the old hard drive turned up 12 stories that haven't been submitted to the archive yet wink )

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, mostly I loved this part too, except...

muttermuttergrumblegrumble

we didn't SEE the kiss. dance And I really liked that Lois, tired as she was, and insecure as she was feeling, was not going to let him go without clarifying where they stood. I'm so glad that Clark said this:
“If it was up to me, there’d definitely be a you and me,”
it certainly made *me* feel better wink .

This was great:
But she couldn’t have let him leave without that kiss - for her own sake as much as his.

She knew that if she’d waited until the next time she saw him, she’d never have had the nerve to take the initiative. And it was clear that Clark wouldn’t have.
So, yeah, I'm glad to see things progressing so nicely, and to see Lois thinking so clearly on all this. It looks like she's going to keep him headed in the right direction...until the wham comes. And there's going to be one, isn't there? When things seem to be going too well in a Wendy story, but I don't think that we're near the end yet...then I worry dizzy

KathyM

P.S. Oh, and Wendy, don't worry about Tank because he seems to have forgotten that his loyal readers also set the requirement of him needing the highest word count as well... smile

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww Wendy such a nice little kiss and Clark is just too cute in his protectivness. I love the way they are progressing. More soon please. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
great section, wendy! sorry i haven't been commenting consistently, even if i have been reading and loving it.

love the flight and lois falling asleep (and then regretting it).

i like clark's thoughts about the uniform having to be unique. they're really putting this together as a team, aren't they? or at least both making major contributions. cool.

very nice to see lois going for what she wants. laugh "clark, i don't care what you say. you are not flying off without kissing me." go lois! dance

good to see her preparing to reassure clark about her xenophillia, too. smile

looking forward to seeing more of this. smile i'll try to be better about commenting. you deserve it.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wendy

WOW! A fantastic part! smile1
I can't wait for Martha and Jonathan to meet Lois. Making the suit should be fun! laugh

Tricia cool

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Awwwwwww..... smile Very nice.

(At least Lex didn't have a hidden gun....this time.)

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I mean how many ways can one write a stupid kiss. Their lips meet and they kiss, big deal.
I do not totally agree. I don't think these kisses are stupid.

But, honestly, how the heck can you do it?? confused

You've described thousands of kisses, and yet each one's different.

What's your secret?

(OK, you'd better not tell us. But I'll keep wondering confused )

And, by the way, great part! wink

AnnaBtG. (who just wishes she could write like Wendy)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ok I am fully caught up and thinking that I should not have quite yet... still with the not finished ends... very nice the way that Lois and Clark are interacting, I love the way that Lois keeps defusing Clark's fears of being different in a way that is repelling, I also like the way that she is nice and forthright now as she gets to know Clark even better smile smile1

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard