Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Yay! I open the FDK folder for the first time in days laugh

Nice take in BatP/HoL, Nan thumbsup

and now... where's Lori? hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooh, wonderful! You seem to have neatly avoided the "reset" button that apparently had FoLCs screaming at the end of S1. smile

Just out of curiosity: was that really a single conversation that was so very condemning, or did Clark tape a number of conversations to get all the dirty stuff?

And I think you might want "implied" rather than "inferred," although I do understand there are two schools of thought on that.

This was a wonderful rewrite, Nan. All we needed was a little less lunkhead and a bit more Mad Dog Lane to get the *right* ending to HoL!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Hi Hazel. No, it was several conversations, as I tried to indicate in this paragraph:

"As she had listened, from the first conversation where he had implied an ongoing sexual relationship with his executive assistant -- one that he intended to continue after his marriage, and of which his wife would remain unaware -- to the final conversation wherein he carelessly ordered Mrs. Cox to make certain that the "incentives" to several members of the City Council regarding certain zoning ordinances were completely untraceable, she had been aware of a growing sense of dismay that rose rapidly to sheer fury."

I think that indicates that there was more than one.

I'll go over the story a little and pretty it up a bit before it goes to the Archive, but I'm glad that people seemed to like it. It actually came from another idea of mine, but rapidly morphed into something I hadn't envisioned, so the original idea is still out there to be used later.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great job, Nan! I also liked where you left us at the end. I was sort of expecting a revelation, but that is left for 'some other day'. You managed to retell BatP without sticking Clark in that awful cage, too. It was nice to see Lois back in the drivers seat, listening to Clark's evidence and making her own choice. You left the Lois/Clark relationship at a nice resting point, with promise for the future.

Always a "Nan fan", LaurieD thumbsup

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great! I got my wish! Lois knows Clark's feelings and they're going on from there.

Lovely epilogue, Nan! And I laughed out loud at the last sentence. Just a great ending to a great story.

Sira - thumbsup

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
You seem to have neatly avoided the "reset" button that apparently had FoLCs screaming at the end of S1.
Yes!!!

Nice ending Nan!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Merriwether
Merriwether
A wonderful ending to a wonderful story! I love that not only is the reset button gone, but Lois didn't just throw herself into Clark's arms.. I like the "let's see how it goes" approach. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Merriwether
Merriwether
thumbsup hail

Lovely ending to a wonderful story. smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Columnist
Columnist
Great ending Nan!!!

I am a big fan of your stories!! thumbsup

Karla

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I liked it, too! You did a great job tidying up some loose ends, without taking their relationship backwards. I think (despite my earlier ramblings) that you have written just the right ending for this particular story.

And at the risk of appearing to nag... the ending allows the possiblity of a second... and third... etc... story...

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice, yes indeed.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think you brought them to exactly where they should be.

This was smart and tense and fun and poignant.

Really so nicely done!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

An excellent epilogue! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard