Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20057 03/17/05 02:07 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ahh... it's so nice to read a version of events that includes people acting like rational human beings (or like herself, in Lois's case <g> ) As for an epilog, I'm not sure... this is such a re-written story arc that I'd imagine it's getting hard to be original. Maybe they go get Clark a new answering machine goofy

I wonder if Lois will ask Clark about his weird reactions in the pew, and what was that green ring, anyway...? Btw, I loved the idea of that ring -- he'd missed getting Superman in a cage, so Lex was using his back-up defense. I understand that in the comics, his wearing such a ring eventually gave him cancer, but our favorite "splat!" won't have to worry about that.

What will happen to the ring, tho? Here's an evil thought -- it smashes into the pavement, breaks into tiny little pieces, and some of it gets absorbed in Luthor's skin, so when he's resurrected by flunkies and minions, Superman won't be able to touch him. That could be fun evil

Anyway, I'm always looking for more, Nan! Sorry I haven't been commenting much on this one; I've had been a busy and distracting week.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#20058 03/17/05 02:51 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I love how Lois played the tape for all assembled, even before everyone barged in. Public humiliation is good. wink

I honestly don't know what you could put into the epilogue, but I'll be waiting for it. I've loved the story so far, despite me not commenting (someone's being a lazy bones again, sorry!)

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#20059 03/17/05 09:10 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great fourth part, Nan!

I'm not too sure though what I'd want in an epilogue... I'd like it if Clark didn't take his declaration of love back. I doubt you could squeeze in a revelation (oh, I loooooove revelations...). At least not one that's realistic and believable.

Hmm, maybe Clark could decide to continue being Superman. Ater all he's got his Lois back to support him.

Honestly, these are just some random ideas. Maybe one of them inspires one of yours...

Sira - thumbsup

#20060 03/17/05 10:43 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

#20061 03/17/05 11:55 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Nice twist at the end there, Nan.

We all knew that Lois would listen to the tape (how could she not, she's Lois Lane). But having her play to the assembled was unexpected.

Not sure you need to have an epilogue, unless you feel you need to set up the 'happily ever after'.

In that case, I too would like to see him not take back his declaration of love.

Tank (who says that even if Clark doesn't take back his declaration doesn't mean that Lois will automatically throw herself into his arms)

#20062 03/18/05 04:35 AM
Columnist
Columnist
HI

Excelent part Nan!!! grovel

Karla

#20063 03/18/05 04:59 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Tank:
(who says that even if Clark doesn't take back his declaration doesn't mean that Lois will automatically throw herself into his arms)
Yeah, but it would mean that she at least knows how he feels and there's honesty between them on this point. No additional white lie. So when she in ten years decides that she wants him, she won't have to start the "but he did take back his declaration of love thing"...

hehe, Sira - a bit hyper tonight...

#20064 03/18/05 06:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sira said

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Tank:
(who says that even if Clark doesn't take back his declaration doesn't mean that Lois will automatically throw herself into his arms)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, but it would mean that she at least knows how he feels and there's honesty between them on this point. No additional white lie.
Exactly my tought! In this way the story is completely open to a wonderful sequel of yours!

Simona smile
(always hoping for a new Queen Nan' series)

#20065 03/18/05 08:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part! It just goes to show how many different ideas people can come up with using these episodes! I look forward to the last part.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#20066 03/18/05 10:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You probably could have ended it there, except that I like Tank's request, so I second it.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#20067 03/18/05 01:07 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved this, Nan.

That Lois saved herself! That Luthor wore the ring! And that Clark was there, in the church, watching and waiting. And hoping!!

My thoughts on an epilogue, which go with that standard grain of salt:

I thought of the ring immediately, just as Pam did. Maybe as Luthor's 'Almost Wife' the police would bring Lex's belongings to Lois? You know, whatever was in his pockets or on his person at his time of death?

And Clark would be there when Lois received that package. Just saying... his loudly hitting the floor might give a girl a clue!

Also, ditto to those who don't want Clark to take back what he said. It was so clear in what he did for her, how hard he worked to stop things- even to the point of renting a tux and going were he least wanted to- her wedding to another man.

Actually, I'd love to know what Lois thinks of that. That despite everything, he was there.

However, what you've done here is wonderfully satisfying on its own, so feel free to ignore me completely!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#20068 03/19/05 03:07 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I really liked this a lot, too, Nan. It was nice to see, as the others said, that Lois knew the truth beforehand this time. I was always happy she said "I can't" to Luthor, but this was even better because she doesn't come across at all as a victim. There's no "told you so" sort of situation because she demonstrated very clearly to the public that she knew what he was, and in true Lois Lane investigative reporter fashion, she exposed him to the world. The world doesn't need to know how close it really was.

And as to Clark-- what CC said:
Also, ditto to those who don't want Clark to take back what he said. It was so clear in what he did for her, how hard he worked to stop things- even to the point of renting a tux and going where he least wanted to- her wedding to another man.

Actually, I'd love to know what Lois thinks of that. That despite everything, he was there.
I agree. He reacted in a very realistic fashion, throughout the story-- but the advice his parents gave him let him step back and change his strategy. Instead of telling Lois what she should do, or criticizing her choices, or reacting with more jealousy-- even though he was justified in feeling all of those feelings-- he presented her with evidence and let her decide what to do. He was there at the wedding, in a tux, and I think that probably cemented the whole thing for Lois. She listened to the evidence, acted upon it, and there was her partner, like always, right there with her.

I'm also wondering about the ring. It could either go to the grave with Lex, or it could be collected with other personal effects and go to whoever his next of kin (or equivalent) would be. I sincerely doubt that a man of Luthor's status would not have a last will and testament-- while he may have acted like he would live forever, nobody with that kind of wealth would be without financial and legal advisors. And they would have counseled him to have a will and any other documents to safeguard his assets should he become incapacitated or die.

However, I also can't see Lex giving his stuff to just anyone. I suspect that he'd have planned to live a long, full life, fooling everyone up to the end, and then go out with grandiose gestures of huge and ostentatious donations to all kinds of places. Hospitals and universities which would name wings of their buildings, or entirely new buildings, after him. Glorious huge parks with his name on their gates, his statue in their entrances. Etc. And I think that all his "personal effects" would be donated to some museum-- not just his museum pieces, but all his own stuff, to create a "Lex Luthor" exhibit. Anything to get his name on as much as possible-- a kind of immortality.

So the ring could end up in a museum. Unencountered by Superman for years. ('Til he goes through it on a field trip, as a parent chaperone for one of his kids). goofy

Ahem. Kinda got off track there. Sorry.

Anyway-- I do like Pam's thoughts:
What will happen to the ring, tho? Here's an evil thought -- it smashes into the pavement, breaks into tiny little pieces
...and every time poor Clark walks past that particularly sparkly bit of sidewalk he passes out. goofy

And CC's thoughts on the ring:
And Clark would be there when Lois received that package. Just saying... his loudly hitting the floor might give a girl a clue!
goofy If she finds out the big CK=S thing... I suspect you could come up with a fairly fresh take on that, too.

So I'm casting my vote for a series.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#20069 03/19/05 10:54 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hurray, Nan! Loved Lois giving Luthor such a delightful comeuppance!

I do wish you hadn't included those utterly tactless lines of Jimmy and Jack, but I can live with it. smile

What do I want for the epilogue? How about leaving it in your extremely capable hands? laugh

Hazel, wanting MORE!

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#20070 03/20/05 02:20 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I'm not going to say nothing for the epilogue... only post it!!! laugh

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard