Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay, lets see how much I remember of the long post I made yesterday. And just for you Wendy (btw, thanks for reposting), I'll try to make it even more evil, it that's even possible.

Now where to start... ah right. Nice new installment. Some funny parts. Some nice introspection. Like this part.

I was evil )

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't remember what I said yesterday, but I'm pretty sure it was nice smile I had fun with this section.

Now, you're clearly obligated to post another section, so I can give you a more high-quality comment!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Darn it all. I'm sure I posted great comments yesterday.

I love Lois's interaction with Henderson.

I thought this was a great installment, and I'm looking forward to a lot more.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I barely remember to get up in the mornings how do you expect me to remember what I wrote over a day ago!

What ever it was, I'm sure it was insightful, hilarious, and might just have included a reference to needing whams and maybe even a haircut for our favorite gal reporter.

Tank (who felt he'd better throw 'gal' into that last sentence or Wendy might misinterpet who 'favorite reporter' could be)

Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, I remember the general content of my previous comments, but if these don't seem particularly witty or eloquent or insightful, remember that the other ones would have been phrased exquisitely... laugh

I'm very happy to see Lois thinking about *the* kiss. It's not actually as good as experiencing another one, mind you, but almost...well, not quite. Is another one coming soon? smile Doesn't look that way.

What is the melting point of glass? I would think that no matter how quick the burst of heat vision that Clark used, the glass has to be affected. If so, this will raise an interesting set of questions.

This Clark seems to be much more focused on his "alienness" than the one on the show, with your example of the Starman movie with Lana being a wonderful example of his isolated feeling. This, along with Lois' continuing denial of any relationship between them, should keep the b-plot going for quite a while... wink

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Wendy,

I read this story before the boards crashed today and I had a really good comment ready to post. I hope I remember it smile .

I loved the conversation between Lois and Henderson. I LOLed through their entire banter.

The introspection was just wonderful. I loved how they both fixated on the kiss they had shared! So great!

I agree with Kathy about the glass. How could he use his heat vision through the glass without any adverse consequenses? I always thought that was why he pulled his glasses down to use his powers.

I can't wait for the next part!

- Alicia smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A quick search with Google yielded the following information. All values are in degrees Celcius.

Melting point of glass: around 1400-1600
Melting point of iron: around 1500
Melting point of steel: around 1300

I've always imagined heat vision to be something like laser and the scope of what's considered "laser" is very wide. Anything from LEDs to the super-duper-cuts-glass-and-steel-in-industry sort are "lasers".

There may be a laser around which can pass through glass easily withour damaging it and yet still heat up guns enough to cause pain. Or there may be not. Can other folcs comment?

In any case, I recall that anything at 60 degrees Celcius is already too hot for the human touch and is sufficient to cause minor burns (DocJill, correct me if I'm wrong).

Wendy, this section is as usual, waffy and rather fun to read. However IMHO, please hurry up and just get rid of Luthor, send Lois and Clark to Smallville to meet Martha and Jonathan, create Superman and introduce him to the world via the Planet.

Then the smoochies can begin. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
great part, wendy. smile

good to see some trust being built here, and some very nice introspection on both their parts.

i like lois's solution. neatly done, and it demonstrates how well she's respected. fun banter between her and henderson, too.

i am a bit confused, though. henderson told lois that they'd tried luthor's place, but the staff had denied knowledge of where lex was. he said that they hadn't pressed the issue because they had an arrest warrant, not a search warrant. after lois suggested that lex was probably at home, however, he sends the cops back. the staff is surprised, luthor is unaware that the cops are after him, and the officers are shown in.

also, i'm not sure about this, but i hadn't thought clark had met henderson before. he just heard his voice on the phone. so how did clark recognize henderson at the scene?

nice handeling of lana's relationship with poor clark.

i also really like clark's surreptitious use of power. i'd been expecting him to tamper with the helicopter, but this works really neatly.

and now the cops have a few more charges to level against lex. very nice.

i'm a bit surprised that lex immediately went to kidnapping an officer, which, as mentioned, is a major criminal offense. i'd have expected that he'd try a more legalistic aproach first, but then, he did try to kill himself rather than face charges in HoL. given that, going for an escape route is definitely the better option. i guess he figures that once things have become serious enough that the cops have a warrant, covering up is not likely.

btw, love the line about nigel already having made a note to give himself a raise. rotflol you've got a great dynamic set up between lex and nigel. too bad it doesn't look like we'll see too much more of it... wink

definitely looking foward to seeing more of this, wendy. smile got any idea how much more i have to look forward to?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wendy

I've no idea what I posted the first time!
But, WOW! A fantastic part! smile1

I'm enjoying this immensely and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice Wendy. I loved the memory of the kisses. I hope they share more soon. I was also glad that Clark didn't melt the glass! <g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wendy, I'm just loving this story! I love seeing Lois and Clark working so well together this early in their relationship. And I hope we'll get to see more of how well they do other things together soon. smile

Loved how Clark decided to disarm Luthor and Nigel - I really like the mental image of their hands burning and blistering and scorching and...oops. laugh

Sorry this is so short, but I'm slammed with work. grumble

Hope you'll be posting more soon.... wink

Vicki

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Gee they both sure are spending a lot of time *thinking* about that kiss. Shame they can't get around to testing the waters again...you know, an additional proof point to make sure their collective memories aren't faulty and the kiss was really as great as all that. I mean, it could have just been the adrenaline at the moment, right? wink

On well. Just superb. A long weekend here begs for more. Pretty please with sugar on top. laugh

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Me bad Wendy, thumbsup badreader, badreader (slaps hand!) clap

S (who will be a better girl next time!!)

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
to show you how bad I am - I haven't even been on the boards - didn't know they went down-
been very busy with my sis and mom
I do remember this part and loved the talk with Henderson and
K&C remembering the kiss
more soon - I am reading - just play a lot of catchup because of RL
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
I still need to catch up on this wonderful story, but I ran into the comments folder and this caught my eye:

I do remember this part and loved the talk with Henderson and K&C remembering the kiss
K&C? Must mean Kaethel and Clark. Hmm... Wendy, is it a new cameo to make up for the man-and-pimp one over in the challenge folder? smile1 )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi guys smile

Sorry I'm a little bit late replying to this folder - been away for a few days and now desperately trying to catch up! Thanks to all of you who posted comments, and especially to those who, because of the boards crash, posted twice! eek I'm very grateful.

Saskia, nice to see that your Tank-style continues - I love reading your comments! <g>

Paul, yes, Clark had met Henderson (and they haven't spoken on the phone). Remember when Lois and Clark went back to the Planet after getting out of EPRAD? Henderson was there, taking statements from them and going through the evidence they'd collected.

Thanks very much to everyone who commented, this time and in the comment folder which was lost, on the phone conversation between Lois and Henderson. blush I really enjoyed writing that bit, and I'm surprised and delighted that it turned out to be amusing.

As regards the glass and Clark's heat vision, thanks to those of you who have speculated and given suggestions there. This is something I asked advice on IRC about, and people there seemed to be split on whether the heat vision would burn a hole in the glass or not. But one parallel suggested was the use of the sun reflected through glass to start a fire - the glass doesn't break. Meclone2, I think your figures appear to confirm that Clark could have made the guns too hot for Lex and Nigel to hold, while not damaging the glass. Thanks!

I'm glad that the use of Starman went over well. smile When I tried that bit out on a few people on IRC, some hadn't heard of the film. But it seems that enough know what it's about for it to work as a comparison to Clark's situation. The date of the film's release, together with the plot-line, just seemed to be the perfect example of something Clark would have seen as a teenager and which would have resonated with him. Glad so many of you liked it! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard