Next Thread
Print Thread
#16476 10/11/04 07:18 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ahh!

Too many cliffhangers. Clark and the kryptonite, Luthor and his question that he wants to ask Lois...I always wondered what would happen with Brian after Clark saved him, and now I'm really glad he's around! I can imagine the look on Luthor's face as Lois was swept away LOL.

I'm looking forward to more whenever you have time! Believe me this was plenty enough to swallow and great breaking point. wink

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#16477 10/11/04 09:05 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am glad you are back. This story is one of my favorites.

But don't they have pizza taxis in Metropolis?

Gabriele
#16478 10/11/04 10:37 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan,

I loved this chapter! I'm sorry I don't have the time right now to quote all my favorite parts or go into more detail, but I just wanted to let you know how much I continue to enjoy this.

Brian swooping down to snatch Lois away from Luthor had me laugh , even though I knew that this could only mean trouble for Clark. frown

What a cliffhanger!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#16479 10/12/04 12:38 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

I'm glad to see you posting again. smile1

An excellent part! hail hail

I love how Brian just scoops Lois away. Just in time too! LOL! laugh Saved from Luthor!

Hopefully, she'll be in time to help Clark. Please post more soon.
I'm thoroughly enjoying this. smile

Tricia cool

#16480 10/12/04 03:08 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Good part! laugh

Brian saved Lois from Luthor and she saves Clark from Kryptonite wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#16481 10/12/04 07:51 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I completely missed first time Brian's words:

"Clark needs you to help him. He told me to get you. I think he's dying."
Now, this story has been out so long that I don't remember for sure, but was it like this: Lois knows that Clark is Superman, but Clark doesn't know Lois knows. Clark warned earlier Brian not to tell anybody, but now it was such an emergency that Brian talked about Clark, not Superman.

Gabriele
#16482 10/12/04 07:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As I was reading this I was preparing myself. Preparing to call you all kinds of nasty names and accuse you of vile villainies, but I can't call you the evil and notworthy reader.

notworthy James notworthy

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#16483 10/12/04 08:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well... I knew what was in that box, but at least Clark had sense enough to tell Brian to get Lois. Saved from Lex Luthor in the nick of time laugh I'd love to have seen his face at that moment. Here he's been showing off for Lois -- and showing her off to everyone else -- and then Superman comes in and literally sweeps her off her feet goofy

I'm eagerly awaiting the conversation which will ensue after Lois gets rid of the Kryptonite... Clark will probably be desperately trying to guess how much she knows. At this point, Lois hasn't ever actually seen Kryptonite, has she? But the fact that it hurts Clark *and* Brian but not her should be a whopping big clue <g>

Apart from anything else, though, I want Lois to cuss Clark out for being so stupid! <g> That'd be a fun reverse revelation... but I know I'll enjoy whatever you've got for us, because I always do smile

Gabriele, you got it -- she knows but he doesn't know she knows, and he's warned Brian not to talk about it. But poor Brian is obviously very worried. I think Clark is in Clark-clothes, so there'd be no point mentioning Superman -- though I'm not sure Brian was thinking that through. wink

Favorite Brian moment:

Clark set down the box. "I think you've finished mostly everything. Do you like pizza?"

"Yes. What is it?"
goofy

Kisses to the 4-month-old...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#16484 10/12/04 09:11 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There is one thing I am afraif of: Clark has been wondering why Lois has changed her attitude towards him - now, waht if he got an idea to his lunkhead that it was only because she learned he is Superman.

Gabriele
#16485 10/12/04 12:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. razz I think Lex is going to ask her to marry him.

"I can't go in. It hurts to get too close," Brian said. "Clark said you could help him. Hurry! He's in the bedroom."

Lois stared at him for several seconds, then she made up her mind. This whole thing was completely confusing, but the important part seemed to be that Clark needed her, and had sent Brian to get her. "Okay, stay here."

"Hurry!" Brian said.

Lois turned and ran up the stairs.
eek Kryptonite! grumble What did you expect to find in a lead box. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#16486 10/14/04 04:48 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks for the comments. I wondered if I would have any readers left since it took me so long to get this part up, so I'm glad you all liked it. I was trying hard to keep Brian in character, and the way he grabbed up Lois seemed like something he would do, especially since he certainly didn't want to stop and talk to Luthor just then.

I'll get the next part up as soon as I can, but it might take a week or so, since I'm babysitting Riley tomorrow and most of next week.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard