#164 04/25/03 07:44 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
One step forward, two steps back...but CK *will* get there. Promise. smile

Yvonne

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the promise, Yvonne. I'm beginning to worry about CK's state of mind and Clark's health!

Your writing is heart wrenching, with poor CK's plight and the hardtimes he's had. I hope Lois and Clark realize what a close call they had because Clark didn't have to stay with the NKs

I'm depending on YOU to get everyone a happy ending, right?

Columnist
Columnist
Enjoyed this part. Had begun to wonder where it was though. Poor CK, poor Clark, poor everybody! Help them Yvonne, help them!

Columnist
Columnist
Poor CK. And poor Clark. (Although, I'll admit, I wouldn't mind being the one to comfort him during his time of illness!) wink

I'm looking forward to more, Yvonne.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Poor Clark. He's having a hard time with his illness. You make sure he's better soon, Yvonne!

And then CK. Poor guy too. He's trying his best and still seems not to be enough. At least he got to spent some time with his son. That's something already. And now he's thinking of what happened to him. I sure do hope Lois can convince him to become Superman again. It would do him a lot of good. So take a few steps forward next time, Yvonne!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, Yvonne has promised a happy ending but denies that it would include the 'elimination' of the child. I'm not sure it can be a happy ending then but I think I have figured out what she has to do.

First, since Jon *is* CK's son, he'll have to wind up with him. Also, since the child will need a mother and Lois seems unnaturally attached to the little creature, she'll have to survive the mix. I'm afraid that leaves Clark out. The third wheel as you will; unnecessary, irrelevant, inconsequential, not needed, excess baggage... I think you get the idea.

The solution is simple. Clark doesn't recover from his illness. The tragedy forces Lois and CK into a mutual comforting situation. They help each other come to terms with their individual emotional traumas which causes them to become much closer. CK stays and takes over for Clark and thus he gets to help raise his son, and regains a Lois. Lois gets to keep her kid, and has a substitute for Clark. Happy ending... right?

Tank the Retired (who still thinks the ending can't be happy if it in any way includes the little creature, Jon)

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Hmmmm, the post was wonderful, Yvonne. I think CK's confession was perfect.

Unlike Tank, my idea of a happy ending includes satisfaction for all three (four if you count Jon), so I can't see my way clear to it yet. And that means you're doing your job very effectively.

More, more more...and quickly, please.

Best,
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
First, since Jon *is* CK's son, he'll have to wind up with him. Also, since the child will need a mother and Lois seems unnaturally attached to the little creature, she'll have to survive the mix. I'm afraid that leaves Clark out. The third wheel as you will; unnecessary, irrelevant, inconsequential, not needed, excess baggage... I think you get the idea.
The sad part is, I was thinking the same thing as I read. But I trust Yvonne entirely too much to do anything that evil ... right?

I feel bad for both Clarks ... but what about poor Lois? The woman has to deal with a sick husband, a moody houseguest, a baby and a fulltime job. frown

Another strong section, Yvonne. And I'm glad CK didn't automatically become Superman again - I expect more angst first.

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yvonne

Another excellent part! whinging My heart goes out to him.
And poor CK! mecry Im glad that he confides in Lois. Hopefully she'll be able to help him.

I'm enjoying this immensely and can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, everyone. smile

hope Lois and Clark realize what a close call they had because Clark didn't have to stay with the NKs
Good point, Trenna! Maybe I'll remind her. wink

Help them Yvonne, help them!
Doing my best, SQD!

Although, I'll admit, I wouldn't mind being the one to comfort him during his time of illness!
Hands off, Irene, he's all mine! laugh

I sure do hope Lois can convince him to become Superman again.[quote]
Yup, Saskia, she'll do her best...

Tank, you're a genius. Why didn't I think of that? So I guess you'd like me to invoke a little cross-infection, maybe to Jon? That might work, I suppose.

[quote]I think CK's confession was perfect.
Wow, thanks, Sherry! smile

The sad part is, I was thinking the same thing as I read. But I trust Yvonne entirely too much to do anything that evil ... right?
Well, he's giving me ideas, Elle...

Tricia, glad to know you're enjoying it, despite the depressing storyline so far!

Yvonne

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard