Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16012 09/25/04 04:30 PM
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Aaarrgh!!! Clark, you lunkhead! I remember commenting in the last section that hopefully he wouldn't be foolish enough to open the box...and of course he's starting to do just that!! Very nice cliffhanger, Nan.

We were expecting *something* to happen. So the question is, what next? Will something happen to stop Clark from actually lifting the lid, or will the next installment find both Clark and Brian writhing on the floor? That would have been an interesting sight for Peeping Floyd to see. laugh

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#16013 09/26/04 05:31 AM
Kerth
Kerth
LOL! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#16014 09/26/04 08:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#16015 09/26/04 08:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still excellent, Nan! You're writing the clone so well - so childlike, so anxious to belong. (Sorry; I just can't call him Brian. That name... just doesn't work for me! goofy )

And Floyd... ROFL!! lol

More soon!! When is Clark going to find out that Lois knows? confused

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#16016 09/26/04 09:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm... I've got it! Clark's gonna open the box, he and Brian are both gonna collapse from kryptonite exposure, only to be saved by Lois, who closes the box and calls Clark an idiot for opening the box, thereby revealing that she knew what it would do to him, thereby revealing that she knows who he is... or, you know, not. goofy

I liked the idea of Brian hanging out eating junk food <g> (unlike my esteemed colleague, Dr. Richards, I think "Brian" fits him well enough) and it's really entertaining to see his perspective on the world, considering his background and limited life experience...

Oh, and what's the little problem Dr. Klein wanted to talk to Superman about, in person? peep

More, more! Babies sleep a lot, right? No problem then...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#16017 09/26/04 03:46 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

Another superb part! smile1

Tricia cool

#16018 09/26/04 07:33 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL at Floyd! rotflol

Brian is wonderfully portrayed. Although it is fun to watch, it is also rather scary - this combination of a small boy's brain and Superman's body. You have made Brian so real that I don't want him to die. I'm hoping that Doc Klein's news will be that once Brain loses his powers, they will be gone permanently.

I was a bit confused by this:
What would Luthor be keeping in a lead box? Something, obviously, that he didn't want Superman to see; something small, but important.
I thought Clark was under the impression that he had just stolen his own lock of hair. So, why is he now wondering what could be in the box?

It seems to me that if he were convinced it were his hair sample, he would open it; if he did not know what it contained, he'd call Lois and make up some excuse to leave the room while she opened the box.

In any event, I am exceedingly curious to see just what *is* in that box! Looking forward to Part 19...

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#16019 09/27/04 03:00 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Clark took the lock of hair and incinerated it. The lead box was something else that was in the vault.

You have to remember the timeline here. Later in the series, Clark might have been more careful, but as of this date, he has only seen Kryptonite once -- at his parents' farm. The piece that Irig sent to the lab in Wichita disappeared, but he has no reason to think that Luthor might have it.

Now I'm not saying that's what is in the box, but this is why Clark is less careful than perhaps he should be when opening a mysterious lead box. laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#16020 09/27/04 03:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, gosh, do I ever feel silly! blush

Sorry, somehow I must have skipped over something. I don't remember reading anything about Clark incinerating the lock of hair! Ooops, my bad.

- Vicki (slinking off to go re-read this story and see what else I've missed!)

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#16021 09/28/04 03:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great post.

Let's see what is inside lead box number one...

It's green and glowing! ARGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Thud..Thud...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard