Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Just trying to prove a point.

Tank (who is working on what conditions need to be met in order for him to be able to retire again)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And what point might that be, my friend? smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes, the waffiness made me wonder if this were really a Tank fic--but the description of Lois' hair was true to form.

Okay -- very nice!!! I always wanted her to simply say: Wake up!!!!! Listen to me!!!!

Nicely done.

Barb.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Very nice, Tank. smile Your reputation is such that I was reading half on pins and needles, waiting for the other shoe to drop (is that mixing metaphors?) but I breathed a WAFFy sigh of relief when I got to the end and no one was hit be an asteroid or killed by a car bomb. goofy

I hope you'll tell us what the point you are trying to prove is ... that you can still turn out happy vignettes? smile

Kathy

Blogger
Blogger
Hey! Where's the Tank Ending? :p I kept expecting something more... damaging!

But it was nice and waffy... I really enjoyed it

Betsy Rogers
birdies95@att.net
birdies95@hotmail.com

tweet tweet (they've killed my birdies emoticons sob)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is this the real Tank? Are you becoming sympathetic to the gentle readers? Very nice Tank! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lovely Tank, but do you have something against the "next" step in this relationship? You keep leaving us wondering how poor Clark will get over the hurdle of telling his secret.

I do feel better here though because the sweet, loving Lois that you present will surely have no problems with his lying, making her think he was dead, etc? wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, this was great! I'm so glad she woke him up and decided to be brave... and proposing marriage was just... so very Lois. Impulsive, passionate, when she wants something she goes at it full tilt, etc.

Tomorrow's dinner is gonna be tricky, but they might come out of it okay. wink Eventually goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
great tank, fantastic, now another please smile

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Top Banana
Top Banana
Trying to prove a point? What point, Tank? That you can write waffy fics? Then you succeeded. This was sweet and nice to read. So you should write more of these. wink

A lovely conversation, I liked it that Lois woke him again, told him how she felt and then proposed!

I do think these needs more. What happens during the dinner? I'd like to know that...

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
Columnist
Oooh Tank! Just the thing I keep wishing Lois had done at the end of the ep - with just the sort of result I'd hoped to see. Hm... Keep writing beautiful stuff like this, and I might just retract my nomination for your Evilness smile

Melisma (purring with WAFFiness here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/me peers at the author suspiciously. Okay, buster, who are you and what have you done with the real Tank?

goofy

Awwwwwwwwww...this was lovely. Like others I found myself reading more slowly as I went along, convinced that you were going to launch a WHAM on us at any minute...instead we got a wonderfully waffy, cute, sweet and beautiful vignette. clap

You can continue to make points like this any time you like, my friend. Thank you for the sweet start to the day. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
If only it had happened like this the first time round... /waffy sighs/

I was gobsmaked when Lois proposed! Though I don't think I'll be as shocked as Lois will be tomorrow night! wink She hasn't had all that time and the clues to come to the realisation that CK=S.

Really enjoyed this.

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

WOW! I love this! smile1

Thanks for sharing this romantic, WAFFy, extremely well-written story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. clap

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Tank
wonderful part - are you sure you are not ill?
waffy
ditto others
merry

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I don't know what point you're talking about, but I think you'd better check your blood sugar level, Tank. That was very sweet.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story. hyper

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Thanks to the gentle readers for their kind words.

I was inspired (?) to write this story for two reasons. One; this unfounded reputation I have for evilness. If you were to check my meager output you would find that ALL my stories have happy endings. I'm just the waff king of Lois and Clark (or something like that). Kaethel accused my of always killing Jimmy and cutting Lois' hair. For the record, I've never killed Jimmy in any 'official' story I've written (he's just not important enough to kill). The worst I've ever done is to let Ralph beat him up a bit. So you can see that my reputation is a total fabrication. As for Lois' hair...

Tne other inspiration is something my buddy shared with me (and our other friends) recently. He's been going with this same woman for a time. They are both in their forties and have a 'comfortable' relationship. He took her to a nice restaurant for their third 'anniversary' a short time back. A one point during the evening Melanie excused herself and went to the powder room. Upon her return she knelt down in front of my friend and took his hand. She placed a ring she had gotten for him on his hand and asked "Will you marry me?"

My friend said that the entire restaurant had gotten very quiet and everyone was staring at them. So, I guess real life can be as unreal as a fanfic story sometimes.

Thanks again for the comments.

Tank (who says that the ring wasn't an actual wedding band but a signet type ring with the celtic symbol of St. Patrick on it, which was pretty cool for a guy named Patrick McDonough)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think all you people asking for a sequel are INSANE. Tank staggered his way through one story without WHAMs, but how on earth do you expect him to resist the delicious potential of such an awkward revelation?

Great story, Tank. Perfect title, too. Welcome back. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, this was beautiful. Tank, I'm surprised you survived writing such a sweet waffy fic, but since you did such a wonderful job, I'm looking forward to seeing many more, now that you're unretired. laugh

Although I do agree with Hazel: I think the wham potential in a sequel is simply too great and should be avoided at all costs. After all, I assume that you want to keep up your reputation as the "waff king of Lois and Clark", is how I believe you put it goofy ...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard