Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Since part 13 included the major WHAM of this story, I thought I should write something as a belated ‘author’s notes’, in order to explain a few things.

I got the idea for this story after reading Kathy Brown’s ‘Into Each Life…’, which is, BTW, a great story and I strongly recommend it. (If you haven’t read it, sorry for the spoilers.) In this story, Lois finds out she’s pregnant with Clark’s child, and they try to decide what to do with this child. The question that began bugging me a bit later was, ‘what if the child WASN’T Clark’s?’

At first, I was planning to write a short story about it. But then, I was faced with ‘technical’ difficulties.

First of all, if it weren’t Clark’s, whose would it be? If it was some colleague’s, why Clark would bother? Lois wouldn’t let him anyway. Besides, the dates wouldn’t match. Have sex with someone, break up with him, get involved with Clark, and all in a month’s length? Doesn’t sound so ‘Loisy’ to me. So, I decided that a rape was my best option.

Second problem. If it was a rape, wouldn’t have Superman saved her? So, it had to be before Superman was created, but before she found out she was pregnant she’d have to have met him and fallen in love with him.

Third problem. How to make all this a short story?

Answer: You don’t.

So, that’s why we’re at part 13 and I’m not planning to stop. (Sorry! But that’s the truth.) I spent so much time at the beginning, and now that I’ve reached my central point, I can’t give it just one or two parts. So, I still can’t give any answers as to how long will it be.

I hope the above made some sense.

Please feel free to leave comments of any kind on the story, my notes or both. I would be glad to receive them.

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help

Let it be ulcer for to much coffee! help

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
Wow!! eek
Totally unexpected... smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
In real life, Lois would probably be considering the A-word. Being pregnant with a rapist's child is definitely one of the more accepted reasons that a woman chooses that route.

Since I doubt that Lois would opt for that, I think that Clark would offer to marry her and make a family out of the situation. You didn't say if the rapist was a different race or culture, and of course, if that was the case, they wouldn't be able to have people think that Clark was the father.

You've definitely got some different routes to go here with the story. I await!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OMG !!! shock

Rape !!! pregnant !!!

What's going on??

More please soon

Meni cool

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Anna

What a twist! dizzy

I look forward to seeing what happens next.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Anna,

Where are you? help

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Maria, I have good news and bad news.

Good news: I've finished writing it.

Bad news: Carole has had very little time to BR, because of work. And now that she's on vacation, she doesn't have a computer.

If that's any comfort, I expect to have part 14 within the next three weeks. I've also promised to myself to have the whole story posted by mid-September (that's when school begins and it'll be very difficult to keep up).

Thanks for taking the time! smile
AnnaBtG.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Anna
Good news: I've finished writing it.

Bad news: Carole has had very little time to BR, because of work. And now that she's on vacation, she doesn't have a computer.

If that's any comfort, I expect to have part 14 within the next three weeks. I've also promised to myself to have the whole story posted by mid-September (that's when school begins and it'll be very difficult to keep up).
Yes, is good new. At least is finish that's a big step. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
MAF
Blogger
Blogger
Hi,

what happened to this story? You mentioned part 14 but it never was posted. You even said you finished the story...

I read it today for the first time and I like it very much and I like to know how it will end. Please post the last part/s.

Bye
Sabrina

A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Hi Sabrina,

Wow! Thanks for taking the time!

There's a long story behind this story... In short, I had a hard disk failure, lost everything and it took me until last December to retrieve it.

Now I have the story until the end and the BR's edits. The only problem is that the path I followed (I mean, Lois followed) ended up a bit awkward. I've been meaning to simplify things a bit, but it doesn't work out the way I want it.

Thanks again for letting me know you enjoyed the story. I'll do my best to have it ready soon.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

Blogger
Blogger
Wow, I didn't actually think to get an answer, so thanks for taking the time.

I can't wait to read the end and I hope you can figure out the problems you have with it.

If you want my opinion on it then post it like it is because I don't mind if it gets a little bit complicated, I just want to read the end wink .

Take care
Sabrina

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard