Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/10/17 10:02 PM
Hi everyone

We're working on a project for the Kerths and we need your help!

What is your favourite Lois and Clark quote?
Posted By: groobie Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/11/17 06:18 AM
"Hello! Duh!" rotflol
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/11/17 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
What is your favourite Lois and Clark quote?
From the show, or just from Lois and Clark on the show?
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/11/17 11:30 AM
From the show in general, Virginia smile
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/11/17 12:02 PM
'Lois is in trouble, Lois is in trouble'
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/11/17 01:14 PM
L: You are Superman
CK: No, Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am.
Posted By: LMA Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/13/17 09:49 PM
''I said nine. I thought you'd be naked...ready." Lois in the Pilot

"You are low man. I'm top banana. That's the way I like it. Comprende?"
"You like to be on top. Got it."
Lois and Clark in the Pilot

"Good night, Lois...Lois, goodnight...GOODNIGHT LOIS!!!" Clark in HIM

"There is no such word as 'chumpy'."
"Of course there is. Someone is a 'chump'. Therefore he is 'chumpy'."
"Try again."
"Are you challenging me?"
"You bet your sweet little 'chumpy' I am"
----
"Told ya."
"You call this a dictionary?!?"
Clark and Lois in HIM

"Ever since we met, or at least ever since I took the time to listen, something about you has always made sense to me."
Lois in DTOSC

"And the truth is...?"
"The truth is what you tell me. And what I tell you. Because that's the type of relationship we have."
"Lois, the best day of my life was the day you found out I was Superman. It meant no more secrets. I am done hiding things from you."
"I know. I guess I'm still getting used to that."
Clark and Lois in COTOC

"Lois, I have loved you from the beginning."
"And I will love you to the end."
"And in my heart, I am you husband."
"And I'm your wife."
"Always."
Clark and Lois in BGDF

Well, that was fun smile. Some of these were definitely longer than a single quote, but some of my favorite lines were sorta part of some of my favorites scenes...
Laura

Posted By: cuidadora Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/14/17 05:48 PM
All of the above. lol

Plus:

"Honey, we don't care if you're a Russian or a Martian. And we didn't care then. You were ours. That's all we knew and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha to Clark in "Strange Visitor"

"Boy, I must be in trouble. The cavalry's here." ~ Clark to Martha & Jonathan in "Chip Off the Old Clark"
Posted By: LMA Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/15/17 03:20 AM
Great ones, cuidadora smile...

I love how close Clark is with his parents. One of the best parts of the show. These quotes really showcase that relationship.

Laura
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/16/17 09:23 AM
Thanks everyone! These are great, please keep them coming! smile
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/16/17 11:09 AM
From Season's Greedings as well:
'I never spanked you I never had to, but right now I'd like to drop your britches and tan your hide like cheap leather.' Martha to Clark still has me giggling at the thought of Clark being reprimanded. The Man of Steel obviously no match for his mother!

'Well, what he can't do, it doesn't matter. It's the idea of Superman. Someone to believe in, someone to build a few hopes around. Whatever he can do, that's enough. I just wish that I could tell him that.' Lois to Clark in Neverending Battle

Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/17/17 06:02 PM
Good quotes so far. Always did like the two from my sig:

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"It's all weird! We live in Metropolis!" ~ Jimmy Olsen

And this from Ultra Woman:

LOIS
You know, if somebody asked me three days ago, 'Who's the one person in the world you really admire?' I'd've said you. Without really knowing what that meant. Without understanding that the hardest thing about _being_ you is all the things you can't do; all the cries for help you can never answer; and all the ways that quietly tears you apart...but never stops you. And living a little of that myself, I felt something... something I never thought was possible.

CLARK

What?

LOIS
I love you more. More than I ever have...more than thought I could love anyone.

I'll try to think of more, but my kids aren't giving me much of an opportunity to do it right now.
Posted By: LMA Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/17/17 10:30 PM
I had a few moments, so....how about a couple more? hyper

"Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?"
"Now, lets see...so far I've been given a glimpse at ritual corn worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I've insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this..."
"You're having more fun than you want to admit."
"Oh?"
"Sure, you had three hot dogs at the festival."
"See, that shows how well you don't know me. I only eat like that when I am miserable..."
Clark and Lois in GGGoH rotflol

"And we are friends, right?"
"Sure we're friends."
"Are we...more than friends?"
"More than...? I told you. We're partners. We work closely together."
"How close?"
"Close. Not close, close. But close..."
"I bet you're a great reporter."
"See? Your memory is already starting to come back..."
Clark and Lois in ASU ( notworthy --given to Clark for trying really hard here, love it!)

"Hey, Lois, this asteroid was no picnic for me, either."
"Clark, Superman put it all on the line, TWICE. You, you fell into a bunch of garbage cans in the dark. I hardly think you can put youself in the same league as him."
"Whatever you say, Lois. Whatever-you-say."
Clark and Lois ending ASU clap. The script had Lois' line a bit differently, but I don't think it was spoken as written. This was more how I remember it (another one of my all-time favorite episodes grin ).

"You ever get the feeling we'll never really know everything that's going on with them?"
"Hey Chief?"
"Yeah?"
"Instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we... I don't know... got lives of our own that were a little more interesting?"
"Son, you're shootin' a bullseye. It's like we're supporting character in some TV show that's only about them..."
"...and all we do is advance their plots..."
"...and I, for one, am sick of it."
"Man, me, too."
Perry and Jimmy in ATAI jump lol. That is some awesome script writing--great!

What a wonderful show...
Laura
Posted By: LMA Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 03/17/17 10:51 PM
"Lois, I have loved you from the moment I saw you. I love your humor, your passion...the way you just dive right in--even when you shouldn't. Because you refuse to just watch the world. You demand that it be a better place, and because of you, it is. And today, I want to give you as much as the world as I can. So I give you my heart, my soul...and our future."

"Clark, you're my best friend. Before I met you, I never had a best friend. And falling in love with you has been so easy, I don't know why I fought it for so long. You have such gentle grace, and such quiet strength, but mostly...such incredible kindness. I've never known anyone with as pure a heart. So today, I give you my love, my honor, and our life...together."

Clark and Lois in STGTTWNK love grin clap notworthy. I took this mostly from the script, but made the changes, I believe, that were actually 'spoken' when filmed.

Had to include the wedding vows smile
Laura
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 06/18/17 07:32 PM
"Couldn't we...I don't know... kill him?"

"I'm just a bird in a gilded case."

"Can a store keep you warm at night? Can a store call you 'honey bunny?' Can a store.... Oh, What else can't stores do?"

Mindy Church, Home is Where the Hurt is.

Posted By: Kara_Kent Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 07/17/17 11:37 AM
I like reading the quotes! I watched the series so many times, I can picture the scene in some of them lol.

I recall an episode when Clark and Lois were dressed in black as a disguise...Lois had that New York accent lol and the guy in the cell was like, "That's a killer outfit." And something happened with the guy in the cell, he collapsed, then Clark was like, "That's really a killer outfit." It's not so much a favorite quote, but just Dean is hot there and Terri's acting with the accent lol.

There's this scene in Ordinary people, I really liked that scene..gotta rewatch it because I don't remember it word for word (all of it) but Clark was like, "Dunno what I feel, feel lost, found, feel so many things..."

Then in Season 2 (I think), end of it when Clark was packing all his things to move away and Lois confessed her feelings for him. Where she was like, "We let ourselves get distracted because we are afraid of this.." And then she kisses him. And Lois was like she's sick of along the lines of them skipping around their feelings of eachother.

I gotta rewatch to get a more accurate picture lol
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 07/17/17 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Kara_Kent
I like reading the quotes! I watched the series so many times, I can picture the scene in some of them lol.

I recall an episode when Clark and Lois were dressed in black as a disguise...Lois had that New York accent lol and the guy in the cell was like, "That's a killer outfit." And something happened with the guy in the cell, he collapsed, then Clark was like, "That's really a killer outfit." It's not so much a favorite quote, but just Dean is hot there and Terri's acting with the accent lol.

There's this scene in Ordinary people, I really liked that scene..gotta rewatch it because I don't remember it word for word (all of it) but Clark was like, "Dunno what I feel, feel lost, found, feel so many things..."

Then in Season 2 (I think), end of it when Clark was packing all his things to move away and Lois confessed her feelings for him. Where she was like, "We let ourselves get distracted because we are afraid of this.." And then she kisses him. And Lois was like she's sick of along the lines of them skipping around their feelings of eachother.

I gotta rewatch to get a more accurate picture lol

Hi Kara_Kent!

Welcome to the boards! wave

First quote is from 2-17 Resurrection
Clark: I guess that really is a killer outfit. (after the Big Buster falls over dead)

Second Quote Ordinary People is one of my favorites just for some of the funny bantering and tender moments between LnC.

Third Quote: That's Whine Whine Whine!
Lois: It's your fault. It's your fault and it's my fault. You know we work too much and we fight about stupid things and all because we're trying to hide from one another and I'm sick of it. The only reason to hide is because we're scared.
Clark: Of what?
Lois: Of the fact that we're partners, and best friends, and this (KISS).

(I've been introducing my youngest to the world of Lois and Clark recently so it's a bit more fresh.... and the videos. I blame video making and the world of fanfic razz )
Posted By: Kara_Kent Re: Favourite Lois and Clark quote? - 07/17/17 10:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome and clarity, more accurate picture of the scenes lol!
Wow, you know Lois and Clark well!
How is your youngest liking the series?
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards