Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AmyPrime Radio-control Superman - 01/04/13 07:02 PM
I not 100% sure that the thing that flies is the same thing that he picks up off the ground, but this is great fun either way:

(Superman's body is attached to a radio-controlled airplane and flies around.)
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Radio-control Superman - 01/04/13 09:06 PM
Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Superman!

Hey, two out of three's not bad. wink

Thanks for sharing this fun video.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Radio-control Superman - 01/05/13 05:32 AM
Great! I'd love to see the doubletakes when it's flown around a bunch of people.

Lynn, I heard a comedian ask, "What would prompt anyone to say, 'Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird!' in the first place?" The quote hasn't been the same since.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Radio-control Superman - 01/05/13 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Shallowford:
Lynn, I heard a comedian ask, "What would prompt anyone to say, 'Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird!' in the first place?" The quote hasn't been the same since.
lol

Good point.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Radio-control Superman - 01/05/13 11:18 AM
That is fantastic! I kinda want one now. smile
Posted By: Artemis Re: Radio-control Superman - 01/05/13 02:07 PM
That's interesting. That's a different one than the one in California.

It's real. It's all over the California news. The builder is a real estate salesman from San Diego and builds stuff like that for a hobby. He asked himself, "what would people notice most?" and he figured it would be Superman.

cool
Artemis
Posted By: AmyPrime Re: Radio-control Superman - 01/05/13 07:42 PM
Ah, that one looks like it might actually fly!
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Radio-control Superman - 01/07/13 01:26 PM
The first one could be real - looks like some sort of very lightweight plastic construction, maybe polystyrene with a protective outer membrane.

Over the last couple of years the technology of model aircraft really seems to have blossomed - see e.g. the little model helicopters that can be flown controlled by a smart phone. I think the motors and batteries have improved a lot, so weird stuff like flying supermen is now a lot easier to pull off.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Radio-control Superman - 01/07/13 03:51 PM
Those are quite big! I didn't realize when I saw the first video that it was that large. I think they both need to work on their landing though <<both on their chests>>. clap

Thanks for sharing.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards