Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MrsLuthor Superman Radio Show - 01/29/12 08:37 AM
Whaaaat?! I just came across this while randomly searching for apps on my iPhone.

Superman Radio Show

"Adventures of Superman is a radio show, which aired between 1938 and 1951 on Mutual and ABC with Kelloggs as a sponsor. While being aired on Mutual it was a 15 minute show but was increased to a half hour after moving to ABC. This app contains all 170+ episodes."
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Superman Radio Show - 01/29/12 09:13 AM
Yup. You can thank the show for Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, and Kryptonite. All of them originated with the radio show, not the comics. If you want a more modern show put on by fans, you can check out Pendant Audio Production's Last Son of Krypton. You can subscribe to the show free via iTunes. It is very different than other audio and screen takes on Superman; it seems a lot more comic-book-y, if that makes sense. But if you like that sort of feel, it might be worth a listen. A note: Some of the stories cross over into Pendant Audio's other (Supergirl and Batman) series.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: MrsLuthor Re: Superman Radio Show - 01/29/12 10:37 AM
I don't know how much I'd like a radio show because I'm a very visual person, but I figure it's worth a listen! Who knows!
Posted By: Christina Re: Superman Radio Show - 01/29/12 05:19 PM
I knew the radio show existed as the vocalists that portray Lois and Clark/Superman were also the voice actors of the Fleischer/Famous Cartoons that came out in the 40s but I didn't know where I could hear them. Thank you so much for posting the link, I'll have to take some time to listen to them!
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Superman Radio Show - 01/30/12 02:51 PM
I had no idea all these originated from a radio show! Learn something new every day! smile
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Superman Radio Show - 01/30/12 10:29 PM
I've actually got a disc with a couple of the radio show episodes on it. My uncle gave it to me or something. smile1
Posted By: KenJ Re: Superman Radio Show - 02/01/12 06:12 PM
I have a number of them as mp3. I'll locate a link for free downloads. They are public domain.
Posted By: Olive Re: Superman Radio Show - 02/02/12 05:53 AM
They're available on the Internet Archive . Enjoy!!

And Lynn, thanks for the info on the fan show. I'm going to check it out!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards