Lois & Clark Forums
Ok, I was in a Tech meeting at Church and this was the ice breaker.

Basically, you are given 'titles that didn't quite make it' for songs. Like...Divine Supernatural Servants speaking within our auditory range above the ground

I'll tell you the answer to that one later, unless someone gets it earlier.

So, I thought it would be fun for us to have a go at it, with a twist. I'll start one and then the winner will do the next one and so on.

I hope you will enjoy this.

avian-like movment with diamond-like experiences
sounds like fun. sadly, all my brain is able to conjure up is "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" which obviously isn't it...

Hopefully someone gets it so I know the answer. laugh
The example is Angels We Have Heard on High laugh

James, are you saying we're using episode titles for this? If so, I have a guess for yours, but I won't say it as I'm moving this weekend, and my internet access will be pretty sketchy for a while.

Anyone else care to give it a go?
An "avian-like movement" would be flying. The only title I can think of with flying in it would be "Flyhard." Is that it? Diamonds are the hardest substance you'll find in my house.

Elisabeth
Yes, Angels we have heard on high is the song.

And yes, I mean the titles of the episodes.

Elisabeth got it right with Flyhard.

Your up Sweetheart.

James
Well, I got Angels We Have Heard on High, but I didn't do so well with Flyhard.
Perhaps you'll do better with this one, since I know you folcs are so scientifically bright. This is an episode title that came in a close second to the one which was actually used. At the last minute they had to yank it since it didn't look very well on the screen with the itty bitty font they had to revert to. Go figure.

"Thirty-three Trillion Ninety-three Billion Four Hundred Seventy-four Million Three Hundred Seventy-two Thousand (or in Europe Thirty-three Billion Ninety-three Milliard Four Hundred Seventy-four Million Three Hundred Seventy-two Thousand) Cycles of the Resonant Frequency of an Atom with a Fifty-five Protons Devoted to the Nuclear Unit"

Elisabeth
James took all of two seconds to figure it out, but he didn't want to win this round. I'm supposing its obvious.
Would that be seconds?
Kudos to you if that's right smiley because i've not got a clue...

Carol

Edit: I keep wanting to say Wall of Sound and I have no idea why [frequency resonance or whatever?] and I don't think it's right, but if it is and I didn't say it... wink
Duh?
I know the answer (guessed it as soon as Elisabeth told it to me.) and have been sworn to keep my mouth shut.

I can, however, say that Seconds is not it, but you are darned close.

Also, like the other game I started, I was hoping people would supply what gave it away.

James
Oooo

Is it Family Hour?!?!

With the nuclear unit being 'family' and the rest of it being some exceptionally long way of measuring time designed to make my head hurt?

Carol
It is indeed Family Hour.

The nuclear unit is a family. The rest wasn't designed to make your brain hurt, but is the scientific definition of an hour.

Okay, so I did type it out and used the atomic number for Cesium so y'all wouldn't Google it.

You can find more info here at The "Atomic Age\' of Time Standards .

Elisabeth as transcribed by James.
WOOHOO! I got it!

They considered using this title:
"Celtic Music Group that's not yet born"
but decided that it would be too hard to remember people who weren't around yet...

Carol [who stinks at this...]
It can't be When Irish Eyes are Killing can it?

The Celtic gave it away to me, if it is right.

James
Nope.

Good guess though...

Carol [who wonders if it's too obscure]
Yeah - I was afraid that was going to be way too obscure so let's go with their second choice...

"Willa Finck, Maura Shawn Scanlin, and Ledah Finck"

Carol
Thank you Google! Is it Forget-Me-Not? =D
Yep!

Go Queenie!

I figured the first one was too obscure but the second was too easy to Google, but it was either that or the latin name for forget-me-nots which would also be too easy...

heehee - I stink at making these up.

Carol
Oh, yay! laugh

Let's see now; the writers were pretty drunk when they came up with this one:

The lime, olive luminescence of the primary, familiar dwelling.

ETA: Shoot, I had the episode name mixed up with the "significant prop". Well, time to change tracks.
The Green, Green Glow of Home.
Yep! Classillica, you're it! laugh
I don't think I'm very good at this but here goes...

Cultureless crude primitives temporarily dwelling upon a sphere of knowledge.
Originally posted by Classicalla:
I don't think I'm very good at this but here goes...

Cultureless crude primitives temporarily dwelling upon a sphere of knowledge.
Well, Cultureless crude Primitives are Barbarians and the Sphere of Knowledge, in this venue, can only be the Daily Planet, so...

I believe the Actual Title is Barbarians at the Planet

James who has to HA HA Elisabeth for not getting it because she got stuck on temporarily
Yep, that's it, James! You're up!
This is yet another title that didn't quite make it.

The most hated musical tune heard by parental units visiting the Supernatural Fiefdom of the largest west coastal state of the United States of America.

James
It's a Small World After All...

dizzy
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Captivated2:
<strong> It's a Small World After All...

thumbsup
Yippy-skippy!

smile1

OK... I can't decide... but these are so likely to be so EASY, I think to win you'll need to guess both (in 30 seconds or less). laugh

1.) Annihilated, eradicated and completely obliterated... sort of.

2.) A dirge for an American comic culture phenomenon.

wink
Hmmm.... How about these:

Virtually Destroyed

Requiem for a Superhero
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Hmmm.... How about these:

Virtually Destroyed

Requiem for a Superhero
Ding ding ding! A winner!

smile1
Maius, Quintillis, plus two more equally separated specifically identified by a great principal place.

Hehe... googling might be required.
Is it Supermann?
Nope.

Perhaps I need to add a clue. One of the "two" is Martius.
Okay, another clue. The four are Martius, Maius, Quintillis, and October. Each of the four are separated into equal parts. And when you figure out what that means and what they have in common - then that commonality is specifically identified by a great principal place.
I'll admit to using Google, but I think it's the Ides of Metropolis
When someone finally gets this one, please explain... I was scratchin' my head over here.

confused
I dunno but is it...
Double Jeopardy ?
I think it's the Ides of Metropolis. Even though that was already guessed, I'll explain why. Those are Greek months. What they all have in common is that they have thirty-one days. Equally divided, you would have a middle to the month. As any student of Shakespeare knows, the middle of the month is the "ides".

Elisabeth
Yes! It's The Ides of Metropolis. And Elisabeth explained it well. We often only associate the Ides with March, but there also Ides in May, July (Quintillis - later renamed Julius), and October.

You're up Crazy Babe!!

Here's a wiki on the Roman calendar: Roman Calendar

And I admit googling to come up with this one.
Okay this is probably very easy.

An avian like creature called Si'morgh in Persian mythology
I'd guess that you're talking about "the Phoenix"
Yep you're up!
The happy end of a story including a meal, a sleepless night on a mountain, a kiss, treason and renouncement.
Posted By: Meg Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 09/12/08 07:32 PM
Is that Sex, Lies, and Videotape????
I don't think so... wink How did you come up with that idea confused
Ah gee, 'Just Say Noah'?

I'm not good at these since I can't remember the eps!

Either way very fun and very creative!
I'm afraid this is wrong as well. Please remember that this is supposed to be the description of a title, not a very brief summary of an episode.
Resurrection?
oh my I'm not good at this!!!
Posted By: Meg Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 09/13/08 03:23 PM
I just guessed sex, lies, and videotape mostly because of the word treason.....

It was just a long shot guess... frown
Is it Honeymoon in Metropolis?
Resurrection is right. I was referring to the last days of Jesus Christ, before he was crucified.

SuperRoo is on.
Cool! Okay, how about:

I enjoy my serial with noir milk for breakfast. It makes it taste very thrilling and my day goes off without a hitch.
Serial? or Cereal?
For some reason Don't Tug on Superman's Cape comes to mind. It contains several 'serials' that were 'noir' style (black and white). Don't know about the rest of what you said, but that's what came to mind first.

James
Serial is correct.
Nope, that isn't the correct episode.
Hmm... Okay focusing on 'serial'...

How about 'Lord of the Flys'?
Sorry no.
Please let me know when I should put another clue.
How about a little clue now?
I'm full of wavering doubt.
I'm full of doubt here... Is it That Old Gang of Mine?
Wavering Doubt = Shadow of a Doubt?

James
Yes it is Shadow of a Doubt.

My initial intention was:
I enjoy my serial with noir milk for breakfast. It makes it taste very thrilling and my day goes off without a hitch.

Serial as is serial killer. Visit Wiki for details about the killer in the movie.
Noir milk as in film noir…I like my chocolate milk.
Makes it taste very thrilling – Show of a Doubt was considered a thriller.
Hitch – as in Hitchcock. Alfred directed Shadow of a Doubt in 1943.

Mister Data – your go!
This was going to be called Ode to Old Blue Eyes, but since Clark's eyes are brown...

James
Noir milk as in film noir…I like my chocolate milk.
Makes it taste very thrilling –
I got that part, but I was stuck on serial - I was think more of serial episodes - like the NK arc or the others that were continued in a second part. Congrat to James on getting a hard one!

Ode to Old Blue Eyes
Is that your clue, James? Or are you thinking about one?
That's the clue. laugh
Could it be 'Chip Off The Old Clark'?
nope
I’ve Got A Crush On You?
I know this has already been on the list, but is it 'Requiem for a Superhero'?
Nope and nope, but SuperRoo has a couple of the words right...
I've Got You Under My Skin?

I'm thinking Sinatra for my guesses...
Originally posted by SuperRoo:
I've Got You Under My Skin?

I'm thinking Sinatra for my guesses...
Yes!

I hand it off to you.
Sorry for the delay:

Was first mentioned in the New York Times on June 22, 1874. It was used in Let It Be. Whether its use was good or not is up to you. So Spector-ish.
Lethal Weapon?
Nope.
Is it "Swear to God, this Time We're not Kidding" ?
Sorry no. Curious, how did you pick that?
with clues like Let It Be and Spector.. the article on Wikipedia made me think "Angel"... smile

will try to think some more or maybe someone else will get it.. very curious as to what it is...
wave
Ok i'm pretty sure i got it.. (if i'm right... i didn't have a clue until.. i decided to watch Let it Be on you tube and read the comments for spector version of Let it be and someone said "wall of sound" goofy )

Wall of Sound ?
YES! Your go!

The term Wall of Sound was first used back in that year. It was made big by Spector in the 60s, of course. It was used in Let It Be and McCartney was against it. A big thing. He re-recorded in the 90s (??) w/o that characteristic.
Interesting, but I'm a little confused. I looked up the words to Let It Be and I didn't find 'Wall of Sound'. Is that something to do with the instrumentation? Well, I looked that up and an instrumentation thing isn't quite the meaning. I sure didn't know that had a name. And I can't remember a version of 'Let It Be' that used it. I do consider myself somewhat a Beatles fan but darn if I can remember this. I remember the break - up, but not this. huh (Oh, and yes, I promise, I really do remember the break-up.)
oops, how do i come up with such titles... frown ...

Let's go with simple, it could have been...

An Encounter with a female deer

wave
HI Classicalla - I PMed you smile
Meet John Doe?
Yep, your turn .. thumbsup
I hope this one is easier than the last one I posted.

Young ladies everywhere were ‘squeaked’ about from winter, spring, summer, and fall - with a twist.
No takers, eh?

Replace the word squeaked with sang.
Okay - another hint. The 'twist' is something Superman does every day that most of us would love to do. Unfortunately we have to use a mechanical conveyance to achieve close to what Superman does.
Posted By: Meg Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 09/24/08 01:40 PM
Okay I am going to take another shot at this game.....

Is the answer "Big Girls Don't Fly"??
Yep!! You're up!
Posted By: Meg Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 09/26/08 07:13 AM
Okay, this is probably going to be easy....I still need to get the hang of this game! So here it goes....

To Belay the fourth estate
Stop the Presses?
Posted By: Meg Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 09/28/08 08:41 AM
Yes!! Your turn!!
Sorry about the dealy. (Evil work.)

I'll have one up in a bit.
Too bad Ralph, Jack and the other kids couldn't fly to get off the island they were trapped on. The dark human nature than ensued was by far less than utopian.
I'm a bit rusty at my literature, but is that Lord of the Flys?

Elisabeth
Yup - your go! laugh
I hate guessing these things right, because then I have to try to be clever. Here goes nothing.

The Aspiration's Frederick's Father Originally Intended, Which Varied Widely From the Way Life Truly Turned Out
Do y'all need a hint?
I was going to give a subtle hint, but the truth is that I'm kind of done being "it". How does this work for y'all?

Elisabeth
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 12/01/08 03:41 AM
Illusions of grandeur?

If I'm right, somebody fill in for me.
This needs a jump start. I'm going to assume that my brother was right--I think I agree with him--and try another.

Easy this time:

The Occupation of Controlling the Movement of a Craft Designed for Travel Above the Surface Layer of the Earth
The Pilot? laugh
Ooh, this is a fun game! Just got caught up, and I'm ready to guess the next one. I think The Pilot is right for the last one, so I'm not going to guess that.
Doesn't look like anyone's going to post a new one, so I figured I'd give it a whack. Here's an easy one:

The ocular organs are in possession.
The Eyes Have It, of course.

Try this one: The One in Which an Attraction from a Tourist Trap is Used as Inspiration for Dastardly Deeds by an Obsessed Sufferer of a Rejection Complex, Said Attraction Being Best Known for an Incredibly Annoying Theme Song...

Phil evil
"It's a Small World After All."

I don't really have the time or patience to come up with a title, so this may be a little too obvious: One who, being present, personally sees or perceives a thing and, after making a solemn appeal to a deity, attests to same before a judicial tribunal.
"Swear to God, This Time We're Not Kidding."

Am I right? I'm not entirely certain. Let me know, and I'll post when I find a new title.
Actually, that's a really good guess, and I can see where it applies to part of my long, unacceptable title.

However, it's incorrect. The title I'm looking for is as short as my alternate is long.
Oooo ooo oooo

WITNESS!

I totally thought STG too...

And I'm horrible at coming up with them. I'll see if I can get help - otherwise anyone else can go...

Carol
Okay - thanks to Queenie for this one...

Time has escaped
Voice From the Past?
Tempus Fugitive?
Ding ding ding!

AnKS gets it!

Carol
I can't think of anything convoluted. So.,.. smile

"Trusted representatives in a duel"
SECONDS
Yep! laugh
Okay, here's another one:

Intercourse, Fabrication and Pre-Recorded Auditory and Visual Evidence
Sex, Lies and Videotapes
Exactly. Take it away, Lara!
the first theatrically released movie made by the studios with the hopping lamp

You don't expect me to capitalize that, do you? eek
Toy Story!
Yes! You're on again. wink
More quick than a female fox who breaks the limit
Faster Than A Speeding Vixen?
Yup. Your turn, Sue!
How about this one?

To No Extent Or Degree To Happen On What, Over the Course of A Month, Would Be An Exceedingly Long Time
Never On Sunday ??
Got it in one. smile Your turn!
How about..

"An Eternal Effort for Victory over Another"
Neverending Battle?
cool
Artemis
thumbsup Your turn smile
"Incorporate Essence to be Forever Entwined" :p
cool
Artemis
Soul Mates?
You got it, Sue!! party
You're up!
cool
Artemis
How about this one? smile

Possessing Violent Pressure As It Is Applied To the Person Directly Addressed
I've Got a Crush on You?
cool
Artemis
Yep! Have at it. clap
"Alien Prison Camp"
cool
Artemis
Tuesday - well I thought it was getting too easy, but no responses yet. I actually bent the rules a little and made it what the episode was about rather than the exact title. When I recorded LnC the first time it was shown, I had no access to episode titles and they were never shown at the beginning of the episode, so I made them up. I had a whole collection of titles that clued me to what the episode was about, but had no relationship to the actual titles. So let your imagination go and you'll figure this one out.
Ha! So is that "Battleground Earth"?

I fully confess that, before they started giving us the titles in the third season, I, too, named the eps by what they were about. So I had such thrilling titles as "Heat Wave", "Magic Box", "Computer Virus", "Boxing" and "Tsunami". smile
I wasn't sure to name it Battleground Earth or Lord of the Flys because when I think of the Alien Prison Camp part, I think mostly of the time before Kal-El reveals himself, which was LotF.
Yep, it's "Battleground Earth". You're up, Sue!
cool
Artemis
Wow, my internet kicked out and I didn't think this got posted, but it did!
Sheilah, I went to the scripts. I was thinking of Martha and Jonathan inside the wire mesh and Lois and Clark "ignogito" out of it. To me that was a prison camp.
LOL! That's exactly why I was picturing LotF. After Clark drilled the well (while he and Lois were incognito as a work crew cleaning up leaves), he got the water to Jonathan, who shared it with all the townspeople in the prison camp. Then Lois and Martha started that fight in the prison camp to distract the guards while Superman rescued the guy who was going to be executed for trying to burn down the golf course. After that was when Nor had Jonathan and Martha brought out while he called for Kal-El at the end of LotF. Once Clark came forward, he was no longer incognito.

I never even thought about the prison camp motif carrying into BE because I'm always focused on Lois visiting Clark in the drugstore/soda fountain place, and then on his trial in that ep. Then again, when I think of LotF, I think of the kiss on the front step and the whole "concubine for Lord Kal-El" scenario. wink
Sheilah, you're right. I didn't read far enough into LotF. After so many years it kind of blends together.
EXT. SMALLVILLE CHURCH - DAY #5 84(X)

It's plastered with big signs, in English and Kryptonian,
reading "Forbidden." CAMERA MOVES to the sidewalk, where (X)
Lois and Clark push brooms, watched by two Guards. As the (X)
Guards move on, Lois and Clark hustle to the side of the
Church. CAMERA MOVES IN as Clark looks thoughtfully at the
ground, X-RAYING a spot, as:

LOIS
From what I've been able to pick
up, the master plan is to force
city after city to surrender,
Metropolis being first on the list.

Clark X-RAYS another spot.

(CONTINUED)

--page break-- "LORD OF THE FLYS" (#1) Gold Rev. 7/30/96 48.

84 CONTINUED: 84

CLARK
Look at us. I always sorta (X)
figured we'd be on our honeymoon
about now.

LOIS
(smiles, touches his face)
At least you're here. With me.
Being with_out_ you... _That_ was
bad.
(beat)
And besides...

CLARK
What? (X)

LOIS
Well, if you wanna know the truth,
it's kind of exciting. It just
seems to be the way our life
together _is_.
(then)
God... Is that what makes our
relationship work?

CLARK
(grins)
No. (X)

He gives her a quick kiss, glances at a patch of ground.

CLARK (CONT'D)
This looks like a good spot.

LOIS
For what?

Clark grabs a long rain spout from the side of the church,
then takes aim and hurls it like a spear into the earth.
Using both hands, he rapidly stuffs the spout down into the
ground until only a few feet remain visible. out of the end
of the spout gushes water!

LOIS (CONT'D)
You drilled a well!

Clark twists the pipe to shut the water off.

CLARK
We've gotta get some water to all
these people.

(CONTINUED)

--page break-- "LORD OF THE FLYS" (#1) Yellow Rev. 7/23/96 49.

84 CONTINUED: 2 84

They hear voices, and Two Guards move by on the sidewalk.
Lois and Clark plaster themselves to the side of the church
again.
So Lord of the Flys it is! It's an episode title that never made a lot of sense to me.
So you are up!
cool
Artemis
Try this: "The act of bringing back to practice, notice, or use."
"The Dad Who Came In From the Cold"?
cool
Artemis
Ooh! It's "Resurrection!"
Dragon, you're right.
Okay, here's the next one.

"Using the second-person singular as a visual aid"
I'm Looking Through You?
Yes, Looking Through You. You're up!
Blissful Harmony in the Central Location of Great Activity
Honeymoon in Metropolis?
You got it! Lara, you're up. smile
One Plus Two Of A Kind
"Lois and Clarks"

cool
Artemis smile1
Yep! Your turn!
"The Age of the Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune"
cool
Artemis
My brain is throwing out things like Hamlet, Shakespearean, Elizabethan--and going nowhere fast. How about "Soul Mates" since there were slings and arrows in the ep?
You're close in time and metaphor, but that isn't it.
cool
Artemis
Here's a hint: Think of the ages of humankind:
infant, child,....etc and it will click.
cool
Artemis
Brutal Youth? It followed Soul Mates, didn't it?
party party party
That's it!
Age = Youth
Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune = Brutal
You're up!
cool
Artemis
"Arrows Shot at a Fifth Wheel to a Romance"
Wow, this is tough! All I can think of is
"Bolt from the Blue"
Yeah, I can't find the 5th wheel!
cool
Artemis
Is it "Target, Jimmy Olsen?" (Jimmy's the fifth wheel in the L&C relationship, and arrows are shot at targets.)
Bolt from the Blue made sense for half of it, but DS Dragon got the bull's eye. wink
Congrats, DS!
Dang, this stuff is getting hard smile1
cool
Artemis
The Time That Optic Organs from the Emerald Isle are Committing Homicide
"When Irish Eyes are Killing"
cool
Artemis
Yup. Your turn.
dance
"The Parental Unit That Abandoned His Homies in the Outland"
cool
Artemis
The Dad Who Came in from the Cold?
party party
That's it!
You're up!
cool
Artemis
Sorry to be so slow getting back to this. How about:

"Plainsong for the Repose of a Preternaturally Endowed But Lifeless Protector from Evil."

Wonder why they changed that one? wink
Requiem for a Superhero?
Wow! You were fast--and right. Go for it, Dragon.
A Triple Helping of Low, Usually Nasal, Complaining Cries
Whine, Whine, Whine
Yup, take it away.
What Kerth winning reporters like Lois & Clark write
Top Copy?
cool
Artemis
Exactly right, Artemis. Your turn.
And All the Children Were Asleep in their Beds
cool
Artemis
'Twas the Night Before Mxymas
party party party
Yep. Your turn.
cool
Artemis
The Duty of a Single Person
Individual Responsibility?
cool
Artemis
That's it. Go ahead. smile
Bourgeoisie

cool
Artemis
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 05/29/09 04:45 PM
Ordinary People.

Is there a list of all that have been used?

Or do I have to go through them all and make sure?
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 05/29/09 04:47 PM
Hope someone hasn't done this.

Fortunate Trotsky
Hi Woody:
No, there is not a list that I know of. Most of the obvious ones have been taken is all. And yes, you are right about Bourgeoisie. I agree, it's getting hard to find a new one.
cool
Artemis
Lucky Leon!

Right?
Hi Anna:
Woody hasn't replied, but that's right. You're up!
cool
Artemis
Happy to have more people playing.
Ack, I'm not good at this at all... and I'm not sure I remember all the episodes that have been used by now! Sorry blush

Let's try...

A male person who frequents pubs with metallic decoration.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
"Man of Steel Bars"?
Indeed that's it, Sheila! Your turn!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
"The one often left on an institutional doorstep."
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/09/09 12:33 AM
Foundling.

Now, for a slightly tricky one.

Antonio Sabato, Jr., Sydney Walsh, Teri Hatcher, Dean Cain.
Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark?
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/09/09 11:41 AM
Correct.
Twice the Question and Answer Quiz Show
Double Jeopardy!

~AnnaBtG. laugh
Yup. Your turn.
Okay, so...

The sign that betrays the presence of an uncertainty in a lighted room.

~AnnaBtG.
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/16/09 01:43 AM
Shadow of a Doubt.

Be back tomorrow with a new one.
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/16/09 11:54 AM
Here you go.

Losing consciousness during surgery.

Have fun.
Posted By: Jess Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/18/09 09:31 PM
Operation Blackout?
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/18/09 11:26 PM
Correct.
Posted By: Jess Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/19/09 09:05 AM
Okay this is my first time and I'm sure if I good at this but ill take a stab. Also have no idea if this one was done.

"A problematic aircraft"
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/19/09 11:03 AM
Oedipus Wrecks?
Posted By: Jess Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/19/09 12:54 PM
no that is not it.
If you have a problem with your aircraft you
"Fly Hard"?
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Jess Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/22/09 11:14 PM
That's correct!

Your up!
Ouch, now I have to think of something.
Later, maybe.
cool
Artemis
Here we go:

The cover-up follows the deed and precedes the proof.

cool
Artemis
Sex, Lies and Videotape?
Yep, that's it. You were fast!
Your turn.
cool
Artemis
cyberspatially demolished
Virtually destroyed
Yup. Your turn.
Deathsong for a moral metahuman
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/26/09 02:01 AM
Requiem for a Superhero.

That which, when illegal, results in the offending team being penalized 180 inches.
contact
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/26/09 01:24 PM
correct
Raging Roleplayers on the 3rd Rock
Posted By: Jess Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/28/09 10:02 PM
Battleground Earth??
Nope.
Are there any rules on how many days a post can go unguessed?
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/29/09 12:21 AM
Barbarians at the Planet?
yup, the reference was to barbarians in Dungeons and Dragons, as one of their class features is Rage... You're up
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/29/09 09:18 AM
(In the show) The main endorser for a vitamin company; said endorser lacking a Y chromosome.
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/30/09 04:27 PM
Hint: This is supposed to be a "synonym" for the title. and your best clue is the final phrase.
Ultra Woman?
Posted By: woody Re: Game: Titles that didn't quite make it. - 06/30/09 11:46 PM
Correct.

I took a look at the caps, and it is a billboard for "Ultra Vitamins" that gives Clark the inspiration.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards