Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Fun RL moment - 11/28/07 12:40 PM
So, last week, I was in my Homeopathy class, and the professor was showing us some slides of the most prominent homeopaths.

A few slides go by, and then comes up one of John Henry Clarke .

I was amused enough at the name, but the slide that came up *right* next featured a homeopath with an even better name:

James Tyler Kent !!

You can't plan this stuff laugh

Shame they're not going to be in our final.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: Fun RL moment - 11/28/07 09:09 PM
Here's adding another ...

Today in our phonetics class, our professor was explaining sounds in free variation and underlying base forms. The class was a bit confused, and suddenly he spouts out this analogy..

"Think of Kal-El as an underlying form and Superman and Clark Kent are its variations. You cannot have Clark and Superman in overlapping environments, while it's possible to have Superman and Batman in overlapping environments."

I was delighted goofy
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Fun RL moment - 11/29/07 07:13 AM
I must be insanely tired (blame NaNoWriMo!) because the thought of Batman and Superman overlapping just threw me into a mad fit of giggles... so bad I'm almost rolling on the floor.

rotflol rotflol
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Fun RL moment - 12/04/07 02:47 AM
Originally posted by AnKS:
Here's adding another ...

Today in our phonetics class, our professor was explaining sounds in free variation and underlying base forms. The class was a bit confused, and suddenly he spouts out this analogy..

"Think of Kal-El as an underlying form and Superman and Clark Kent are its variations. You cannot have Clark and Superman in overlapping environments, while it's possible to have Superman and Batman in overlapping environments."

I was delighted goofy
I remember having heard that particular analogy, too. But I think it was in 'Introduction to Linguistics'. Or the course following up that one.
Posted By: Kal-El Re: Fun RL moment - 02/14/08 12:20 PM
i love hearing about lois and clark when im out, it puts a smile on my face
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards