Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: woody Superman riddle - 07/13/07 08:55 AM
Here's something I thought of the other day:

Clark was working at his desk when he heard sirens. He flew to the edge of town where he found a WalMart in danger of sliding down a hill because the bank on that side was eroding away. Thinking quickly, he decided to try something unorthodox, and picked up the whole store, moving it 100 feet over to where it was safe. After setting it down, he was approached by a police officer on the scene and arrested. What was the charge?

I'll let people guess at this awhile and post the answer later.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Superman riddle - 07/13/07 09:08 AM
Um...shoplifting? laugh

Although you guys call them stores, not shops. Now I'm curious. What is the US for shoplifting? (stealing from shops/stores)?

LabRat smile (who feels sure she must know this, not least from having watched dozens of episodes of NYPD Blue and Hill Street Blues, but is completely blanking on what it could be...)

PS - sorry for hijacking the thread so early, Woody, but I did guess to reduce my sins. <G>
Posted By: Laura S Re: Superman riddle - 07/13/07 09:17 AM
*shrug* I'm in the U.S. and I've always called it shoplifting... but maybe there's another name too. But you're good, LabRat. I stared at this riddle for a few minutes and was absolutely stumped. I think it was because Woody identified the store as WalMart. I kept trying all these guesses that had something to do with Walmart, lol. blush
Posted By: woody Re: Superman riddle - 07/13/07 11:54 AM
Yes, it was shoplifting.

Darn, you're too good.
Posted By: beethoven Re: Superman riddle - 07/21/07 06:57 AM
oh, woody
that joke was sooo old
or as my Jewish Grandfather would say...

Lenny, when I was this high [Linked Image]
that joke had such a beard [Linked Image]

then he would show me this with his hands [Linked Image]

ps I looked for smaller pics but this was the best I could find
and PPS I was surprised at the number of pple who would publish their ultrasounds of their babies on the web... I mean, I can understand their excitement, but when I type baby into GOOGLE Pics, I don't want their medical records
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards