Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KatieKate WHAM and other defintions - 04/02/07 09:44 PM
Hi, my name is Katie and I was just wondering if someone could provide me with an accurate definition of WHAM and Waffy, and any other terms used for Lois and Clark fan fic... I'm pretty sure I figured them out when I stumbled upon lcfanfic this past summer after searching for Lois and Clark fan fic.... but, I'd just like to know I'm right or wrong. I'd appreciate any help smile Thanks!
Posted By: KathyM Re: WHAM and other defintions - 04/02/07 11:32 PM
Hi, Katie! Welcome to the boards!

There used to be at least one website that listed a bunch of acronyms, but that link doesn't seem to be valid anymore. Let me tell you the two most common ones, and I'm sure that others will chime in with more...

WHAM = Wistful, Heartwrenching, Agonizing Moment

WAFF = Warm And Fuzzy Feeling - so a story is often referred to as WAFFY. There was actually an interesting discussion a while ago as to the correct pronunciation of the word...

Kathy
Posted By: HatMan Re: WHAM and other defintions - 04/03/07 02:36 AM
Actually, our very own boards FAQ just so happens to have a section on exactly that !
Posted By: MacKenzie Creations Re: WHAM and other defintions - 04/03/07 05:20 AM
Hi! When I first saw these terms that I had never seen before in the other fandoms that I'm apart of, I went in serch of a webpage that could tell me what they meant. Here it is:

http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~padhman/lncal.html

I just try to keep in mind that WAFF = Fluff
Posted By: KatieKate Re: WHAM and other defintions - 04/03/07 04:26 PM
Thanks so much!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards