Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: dcarson Season 3 out - 06/15/06 07:02 PM
Picked up season 3 at BJ's Wholesale today. It had a pass for Superman Returns in it good for up to $10.50.
Posted By: lois14 Re: Season 3 out - 06/16/06 08:22 AM
Today? wow great laugh
Isn't it supposed to come out on the 20th?
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: Season 3 out - 06/16/06 08:32 AM
Yes - please do tell how you got it FOUR DAYS EARLY!?! confused I'm SO jealous?!? razz Isn't it ILLEGAL for the stores to sell it before the release? Unless you work there of course - then that might explain it LOL! wink
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Season 3 out - 06/16/06 04:29 PM
Got a message saying that it had been posted to me today. I often get DVDs a few days before the official date, my guess is that there is a fudge factor in the date, a leeway of a few days in which the film companies won't complain if the DVDs are sold.
Posted By: dcarson Re: Season 3 out - 06/16/06 06:56 PM
The release date if it's like books is the date that all stores should have gotten it by. If it's expected to be a big seller they will make that the earliest that it can be sold. For normal levels of demand you can sell it as soon as you have it. Since BJ's is a discount warehouse chain they might act as their own distributor and get it straight from the vender so they get it a few days before places that have to go through a distributor.
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: Season 3 out - 06/16/06 07:54 PM
Hmmmmm interesting info, thanks. I always thought it was a big "no-no!"

I REALLY wish I had a BJ's around here LOL!! Think I could give Sam's Club a shot? LOL!

I'm still jealous though! :p

First thing Tuesday morning I'll be rushing out to get my copy! wink CAN'T WAIT! dance It's been 5 years since I've seen a season 3 episode - since those tapes I had were all FRIED years ago! frown
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: Season 3 out - 06/16/06 08:33 PM
I WORK AT SAM'S AND WE GOT IT BUT THEY CAN'T PUT IT OUT UNTIL TUES.
that sucks had it in my hands and couldn't get it razz
Posted By: malu Re: Season 3 out - 06/17/06 07:48 AM
How much did you pay for it? Amazon.com is selling it for $39.99 (price dropped) to be sent on June 20, when it is released.

malu
Posted By: Artemis Re: Season 3 out - 06/17/06 02:02 PM
I just got an e-mail from Amazon that they shipped my copy and it is to be here July 3 by USPS. I paid $41.76 on pre-order. But it was free since the kids gave me a gift certificate.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: rivka Re: Season 3 out - 06/17/06 11:40 PM
Mine shipped from Amazon as well. smile
Posted By: Matrix Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 06:53 AM
Mine was shipped yesterday! Woo-hoo. It's coming from Memphis, TN which isn't too far from where I live. But they are still showing an arrival date of June 30th...I hope they are way off on that dance
Posted By: friendofCK Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 01:23 PM
Well,I went to the mall Monday and they already had it out so the sales lady let me have it and gave me $20.00 off for telling her it was out a day early wink I stayed up till 4 this morning watching it... too bad I can barely stay awake at work, but it was SO worth it wink
Posted By: Matrix Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 01:35 PM
Amanda -

Ha ha! All I can say to that is - I'm jealous! goofy
Posted By: SuperGEM Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 01:45 PM
I was first into Target this morning when they opened at 8am and I got my copy, along with my $5 Target Gift Card!! blush Hehe! clap

I can't turn it off now!! notworthy

OOOOOhhhhh I forgot how much I *loved* Season 3! party
Posted By: Matrix Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 01:49 PM
Ha SuperGEM you crack me up - I've been looking at your posts on Zoom's website also. You are too funny! (oh, and I can't believe someone was actually complaining - no complaining - just be glad they are finally here - I'm ecstatic!)

Well my DVD is on it's way here, although if you live in middle TN, it's probably closer to you right now - said it was shipping from Memphis. laugh
Posted By: malu Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 02:17 PM
Got my DVDs from Amazon today. Ordered them on Saturday evening, using Amazon Prime free trial (2 day free shipping). smile

Can't wait to watch them!

Also, had the Superman Returns ticket inside. Can't wait for that, either. smile1

malu
Posted By: Sue S. Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 02:36 PM
I passed up a free lunch today so that I could go down to WalMart and buy the DVDs. I'd checked around and they were least expensive there ($39.99). But then, when the girl swiped them at check out it came up as Season 2 for $29.99. I actually tried to point out that it was coming up wrong but, since that's what was in the computer, she sent me on my merry way.

Now, if my hellish day of meetings would just end, I can go home and watch... Ah well, back to the grindstone with me.

ETA: I was able to grab 20 minutes to watch the special features on my laptop. What the hell did Dean do to his hair and why? (The "History of Romance" on disc 6) Also - doesn't he have a publicist or a girlfriend (or a MIRROR?) to help him pick out something to wear? It's a good thing he's cute...
Posted By: Matrix Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 02:54 PM
Oh Sue, I'm so jealous! <But you'd better not think of watching even one ep until I get my next installment - ha ha smile1
Posted By: Nan Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 04:06 PM
I got my copies in the mail yesterday.

Nan
Posted By: jackiek Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 04:44 PM
What the hell did Dean do to his hair and why?
He bleached it for a part in a movie.

I got mine today too!

Jackie
Posted By: Artemis Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 05:04 PM
Mine just arrived today! thud
Artemis
Posted By: rivka Re: Season 3 out - 06/20/06 06:29 PM
Originally posted by rivka:
Mine shipped from Amazon as well. smile
And now it's here! laugh
Posted By: SPark Re: Season 3 out - 06/21/06 06:11 AM
hello! im new here.
smile
you guys are so lucky you already have Season 3
im really jealous!
smile1
do you know when it will be release in asia?
thanks!
Posted By: CK Re: Season 3 out - 06/21/06 07:22 AM
hello! got my copy yesterday, the 20th at work, and I also seen the funky hair die job all I have to say is please! put it back the way it was soon!! (just don't look good)lol, well hope season 4 isn't too long away! party

---------------------------------------------
I'm not a geek. I'm a level 75 dragoon!
Posted By: crysta Re: Season 3 out - 06/21/06 12:46 PM
I went to best buy and was there a 10Am when it opened. Then I had a Dr. Apt. I found out I was pregnant. Me and my husband where so happy I completely forgot tell today. I took yesterday off so I could watch it, but never got to it. At least I have today to watch.
Posted By: jackiek Re: Season 3 out - 06/21/06 12:56 PM
Congratulations Crysta! dance

Welcome Spark! smile

Jackie
Posted By: SPark Re: Season 3 out - 06/22/06 12:44 AM
Originally posted by jackiek:
Congratulations Crysta! dance

Welcome Spark! smile

Jackie
THANKS JACKIE
smile smile
Posted By: friendofCK Re: Season 3 out - 06/22/06 09:20 AM
Hello everyone I am sure you have all been enjoying Season three... I literally put my life on hold and sat down and watched them all wink I know I know but when the boss is out of town well... you know the rest;) Anyways I had forgotten how emotional season three was especially the last two discs.. man I was exhausted after watching those last several episodes did anybody else feel that way? They were great and I had forgotten just good John Shea really was as Luthor, but still man I was tired.

Also I have a question why was Lois hair cut was that a Terri thing or a Lois thing?
Posted By: Stefen Hagglund Re: Season 3 out - 06/25/06 07:32 PM
actaually everyone, the movie comes out the 28th, this wednesday....
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: Season 3 out - 06/25/06 09:21 PM
Ooo I got this on DVD! I promised my ticket to someone I work with because I made plans to go with someone...

ANYhoo, not much on the special features, but compared to the episodes I had on my computer, the quality is so much better! Oh swoon, its a vidder's dream! (If only the sound was on 6 channels instead of three, I could cut the music away from dialogue! WOE me!)

Ahem...

Overall I'm pleased with what I got. laugh And yeah, the blond hair threw me for a second, but I did manage to get a 9/10 on that trivia thing...
Posted By: FinLi Re: Season 3 out - 06/25/06 10:09 PM
I went to Best Buy on Tuesday(release date) and got mine...I was there when the doors opened and I'm pretty sure I bought the first copy. drool

FinLi
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Season 3 out - 06/25/06 11:51 PM
The store that imported it for me just received it I'll be getting it on Wednesday! YAY, well not really I'd get it now, but I'm at work for the next two days and Australia plays Italy in their round of 16 match so the world cup is priority at the moment.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards