Lois & Clark Forums
Just because S3 makes me want to beat the LnC Costume designer over the head with a stick...

Most hated: the outfit she wore when she was in the alternate universe. Gah! The tapered pant legs, the vest looking sweater thing, the continuous color, the hair, the bright lipstick...ugh! I HATED that whole mess!

Runners up: I wasn't too crazy about the red suit and - was it leopard print? - scarf from "Contact". Or that blue suit with the green inside shirt and those giant green earrings...speaking off which, what was up with all the giant earrings in that season?! Seriously, why?! And that orange suit with the random white trim that looked like giant stitches or something...The shiny suit...eh...I wasn't as opposed to that as some, but the shiny undershirt from COTOC (?) was a much better use of shiny clothes. And what the crap was that dress she wore to the white orchid ball? When Clark floated, I was like "that has to be love, b/c that is the most hideous dress I have ever seen." Why in God's name did she own it and think it was appropriate at any time resembeling the present day?
I hated that orange outfit too! You'd think someone as sophisticated and educated as Lois Lane would realize how horrible it was and have the decency not to wear it!

There were other outfits that I didn't like, but that orange thing really stands out from all the rest.
I loved her clothes in the first two seasons I thought they were appropriate but I have to say that silver shiny thing with the red belt???? What were they thinking?
I remember when silver clothing was cool. I thought it was neat for a day or two, but not neat for the character Lois. I would never wear it. That orange ( baseball outfit)was was just icky. i thought she looked pretty at the ball, but I disliked the dress.

I like some of the stuff she wore in s1 and s2.
Posted By: C_A Re: Most Hated/Least Favorite Lois Outfit Ever - 06/09/06 12:04 AM
I read somewhere that all those truly hideous outfits (like the orange dress with the white... thingies on the shoulders that she wore twice, or the silver dress with the red belt in WHALTTA) were actually Teri's clothes. Apparently, the actors started wearing their own wardrobe in season three. No idea if this is true or not, but it might explain why those *ahem* fashion mishaps occurred.

Not that some fashion blunders didn't happen before that. I'm thinking of that absolutely horrific dress she had on at the White Orchid ball (it was fine until you made the mistake of looking at the lower half) or that weird blouse with the cutout over her cleavage... what the hell?

That said, I've always coveted the snazzy pantsuits she wore, primarily in S2, like the one in "Lucky Leon."
Me too C_A. I loved the cute jackets and suits she wore (pantsuits and ones with skirts) - not the wild ones of course but the more classy looking ones. laugh
I hated the shiny dress in WHALTTA. I remeber when I first saw that episode I was like what the hell is that whose idea was that.
Heh, I loved the silver outfit with the red accessories. I thought it looked really great. Obviously I'm in the minority...

I was really surprised when I first read somewhere else that some people hated it.

Agreed on the orange stitches outfit, though. I think that's pretty much unanimous.

Julie smile
What episode is this orange outfit everyone keeps talking about?
Posted By: Vicki Re: Most Hated/Least Favorite Lois Outfit Ever - 06/12/06 10:22 PM
She wore the orange stitches dress in Just Say Noah:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SJH Re: Most Hated/Least Favorite Lois Outfit Ever - 06/12/06 11:20 PM
That is the explanation for the look on Clark's face.
Agreed on the orange stitches outfit, though. I think that's pretty much unanimous.
Um... Hesitatingly raises a hand. I kind of like that one. laugh Although I think it would have been better without the white strips on the front. Otherwise, I think it's kind of...sweet.

LabRat smile (Yes, there always DOES have to be one....)
Originally posted by LabRat:
Um... Hesitatingly raises a hand. I kind of like that one. laugh Although I think it would have been better without the white strips on the front. Otherwise, I think it's kind of...sweet.

LabRat smile (Yes, there always DOES have to be one....)
Sometimes, Labrat, there are two.. ehmmm blush , I kind of liked the orange one too (she also wears it in WHALTTA)

And the silver one... Is it the one from the end of WHALTTA? Because I kind of... ehmm... didn't dislike that one either :rolleyes:
I dont actually hate the orange one
Ha ha, LabRat - you aren't the *only* one out there. I too do not hate that outfit. It might not be my most favorite but I agree, it's kinda cute. laugh
I wasn't going to reply to this thread because I figured it was mostly a matter of age: for example, I've lived through two cycles of straight- or narrow-legged pants, and I'm on my second cycle of bell-bottoms or flare legs. Each time, people seemed to like whatever was currently in fashion.

However, I, too, liked the orange dress. It was an excellent color on Teri with the tan she had picked up over the summer, and the white trim and buttons added interest to an otherwise plain dress.
I've always liked the silver outfit, but never the orange dress so much. It reminds me of an orange baseball. goofy
Oh, man, this brings back a foot-in-mouth memory.

I remember the night the Season 3 opener aired, the one where Lois wore the shiny dress, the "Pocahontas" dress, and I think some other outfit that looked fairly unusual -- for Lois. After the show was over, I went on IRC for the post-episode discussion. There was a full house online, and just about the biggest topic was Lois's wardrobe.

Most people found it jarring -- rather un-Lois-like. While watching the episode I hadn't really thought about it too much. But most of us turned into "fashion police" when we got on the channel, and I joined in too. Some just hated the outfits. Others thought they looked OK but didn't jibe with Lois's personality. The more I thought about it, the more that seemed a valid point -- she's a no-nonsense career woman, so what happened to the understated clothes she usually wore? Others pointed out that her new look wasn't necessarily out of character, because as a woman newly in love Lois may have been expressing herself in a new way with some new clothes. But most of us just dissed the duds. We went on and on ... and on. It got pretty snarky.

And unbeknownst to us, Teri was on the channel anonymously, if I'm remembering right. We didn't find out until later. Zoom or someone told us Teri had been lurking to find out fans' reaction to the season opener, and that the wardrobe choices were mostly hers. Yee-ikes. I remember hoping we hadn't hurt her feelings.

That's actually the last I heard about Teri checking in on us on IRC -- something she'd been reported to do occasionally. But I wasn't an IRC regular, so maybe some other old-timer who was more plugged in to the chat scene knows whether or not we scared her away for good. (Hope not!)

I hadn't thought about the infamous wardrobe chat for years until I read her book, "Burnt Toast," recently. In it she talks about having cried for hours because she'd found out some TV executive thought she had an attitude. And she mentions bursting into tears once when a stranger was rude to her in a store. So reading about her sensitivity to criticism and the like flashed me back to the IRC memory, and again I felt a guilty twinge. Oh, well.

The weird thing is, I kind of like the outfits now. They still don't "look like Lois" to me, but the "Lois in love" theory seems reasonable. I guess Teri thought they looked like Lois, or else she was tired of wearing brown! What's your take? Do you guys think the outfits look like Lois, or possibly a Lois-in-love?

-- Lauren (who doubts that we have to worry about her keeping tabs on us now smile )
Posted By: C_A Re: Most Hated/Least Favorite Lois Outfit Ever - 06/24/06 08:15 AM
Oh, wow, Lauren. That's... pretty awful, I guess. Especially in light of her low self-esteem and all. Snark is all good and well, but I guess sometimes people tend to forget that it's usually hurtful, too. I'm sure nobody that night intended to hurt Teri's feelings, of course--presumably nobody would have trash-talked the wardrobe had they known she was there. It was just a really unfortunate situation. If I'd been her, I probably wouldn't have logged onto IRC again, either.
Posted By: FinLi Re: Most Hated/Least Favorite Lois Outfit Ever - 06/25/06 10:26 PM
Forget the clothes, I can handle just about anything she wore....(Well, except the scarves)...it's the hair styles in Season 3 that drive me crazy. It makes her look so much older than Dean. Not to mention she looked haggard in some of those episodes.

He is as handsome as ever, but in every episode she looked different...I'm not saying that all her hair styles were bad, but when she played the clone, Wanda Detroit, and the episode Contact(when she was in the red dress and leopard scarf) yuk *shivers*

What were they thinking????? wallbash

FinLi
I think the hair was one thing in season three but another was weight, there was a lot of weight loss in this season.
I think the hair thing went on in season four wink

[Linked Image]

Well ok, that was because she was fugitive, but hey laugh
The outfit I hated to most in was the one in Tempus, Anyone? I also hated her hair in that episode. I hated her hair all poofy like that. I actually the silver one with the read accents though.
hair styles in Season 3 that drive me crazy. It makes her look so much older than Dean. Not to mention she looked haggard in some of those episodes.
I agree smile <<<Teri/Lois>>>

I love her hair at the end of S2.
I totally agree with SuperRoo Lois/Teri looked absolutley amazing the last episode of season 2 her hair was perfect and her outfits were great. It is hard to find an episode Clark didn't look good in though smile I will say though he looked awsome in Seasons Greetings!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Hated/Least Favorite Lois Outfit Ever - 08/11/06 07:22 AM
Teri's outfits and haircuts? I'd have to say she looks good in that one... oh wait, that was a dream... erm, I disliked the Ultra Woman outfit, it was... not what I expected Lois to wear as a superhero.... I liked the business suits from seasons 1 & 2
OOOOhh, yeah, I really hated the red suit and leopard print scarf. Looked like she was being buried in the print--it was awful!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Hated/Least Favorite Lois Outfit Ever - 08/16/06 01:45 AM
I gotta say I think Teri looks great in anything;)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Hated/Least Favorite Lois Outfit Ever - 08/16/06 01:47 AM
But the best I've seen is that scene in Desperate Housewives Season 1, where she gets locked out of her house and falls into the bushes......
There was also one in 'The Prankster' that I disliked. It was like an ugly diamond pattern over a black turtleneck... *shudders* sad
Originally posted by Clark Kent Wannabe:
But the best I've seen is that scene in Desperate Housewives Season 1, where she gets locked out of her house and falls into the bushes......
Ofcourse you.
MEN!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards