Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KathyM Lane Smith dies - 06/13/05 06:28 PM
I'm sad to report this news that was posted on the Superman Homepage
today.

Thanks to the episodes and fanfic, he'll live on in our hearts.

Kathy
Posted By: BanAnna Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/13/05 06:38 PM
That's very sad news, Kathy, but thank you for sharing it. He will be missed. frown

~Anna
Posted By: LabRat Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/13/05 06:43 PM
Well, this is a bit of a shock.

I guess you tend to not notice the passage of years, especially when the fandom rolls on, and as a result you don't expect these people who graced your screen each week to have faded at all, but to remain as bright as the show itself.

Such a shame.

LabRat smile
Posted By: louiselane Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/13/05 08:32 PM
This is so sad frown

I'll miss him. frown

Let him Rest in Peace
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/13/05 09:24 PM
Oh no, this is sad news. frown

RIP Lane.

~Liz
Posted By: Bgirl2004 Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/13/05 10:27 PM
Oh no..This is sad...

RIP Lane, he will be missed frown
Posted By: damara531 Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/13/05 10:37 PM
God bless him...he was truly a great actor. And he will be missed...but his memory will forever live on in our hearts and the annals of television magic.

RIP Lane Smith.

~Steph mecry
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/14/05 07:44 AM
I'm so sad. frown We'll miss him so much. whinging Lane Smith was the better Perry ever and to me, he'll be always The Perry White. sad
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/14/05 03:24 PM
Oh, my frown That's terrible news.

We all will miss him.

AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Karla Kent Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/15/05 09:57 AM
frown

He will be missed

RIP Lane Smith whinging

Karla
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/15/05 11:03 AM
It's always sad when anyone dies. He was a good actor.

James
Posted By: katrina Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/17/05 12:17 PM
The Merriweather Committee wishes to express its deep sadness at the death of Lane Smith, who passed away June 13.

In “Tempus, Anyone?” Perry tells Jimmy, that he’s “just an old Memphis word-stringer.” He was that and more. As an actor, his body of work stands as a witness to his ability to string words together and make them seem natural. His talent transformed him into the role he played and he became that character. Whether playing an affable but razor-sharp district attorney in “My Cousin Vinnie,” a double-dealing, scene-stealing congressman in “The Distinguished Gentleman,” or a win-at-all-costs coach in “The Mighty Ducks,” (to name just a few movies), Lane brought a freshness and uniqueness to every role.

Lane’s interpretation of Perry White transformed the role from a one-dimensional sideline player to a vital and pivotal character in the Lois/Clark/Superman story. His pairing of the jaded professional with the enthusiastic newbie set in motion the love story that would transpire over the next four seasons. His presence as Perry White, complete with Elvis anecdotes, would be the one steady constant the lives of all the characters at the Daily Planet. No one will be able to top his performance as Perry. He will be sorely missed.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time.

Godspeed, Lane. You will ever be in our hearts.
Posted By: Lolly Re: Lane Smith dies - 06/18/05 05:28 AM
I'm verry sad for this new; he was a good actor and I loved his character a lot
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards