Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: TicAndToc The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/17/04 09:47 AM
Here's the Milk Ads featuring Lois and Clark (and UltraWoman and Superman) posted around Greater Metropolis. (Well, in my version of Greater Metropolis, anyway.)

Sorry the last two are so large; you can't see the print if I make 'em any smaller.

Part 2 will follow.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KathyB Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/17/04 12:15 PM
LOL, these are great! Nice job.

Did you post these a few years ago, maybe under another screen name? They look vaguely familiar, but I don't know if someone else also did a set at one time or I'm remembering an earlier posting of yours. smile

In any case, very cute!

Kathy
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/17/04 07:52 PM
No, this was the first time I ever did these. I had been surfing around at LnC sites and came across a link for milk ads that takes you to a site where you can vote for your favorite future spokesperson.

I'm a huge fan of the Canadian rock band Rush, and some wag did a milk ad of the three of them (which I have on my website), so the idea of messing around with some LnC photos and turning them into milk ads was born.

After I started work on these, I saw a reference somewhere to the fact that someone did some milk ads some time ago, but they seem to have disappeared. It might be nice to see them again if they still exist on someone's hard drive, just to see if our designs are similar.

Thank you for the positive comments! Part 2 will follow, and then I'll post the link to my website where all of the ads reside.

`Toc
Posted By: Mister Data Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/18/04 09:00 AM
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Those are great!

James
Posted By: Hazel Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/21/04 05:58 AM
'Toc, I especially love the last one! It's a great slogan. smile

I look forward to part 2!

Hazel
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/24/04 12:27 PM
Originally posted by TicAndToc:
After I started work on these, I saw a reference somewhere to the fact that someone did some milk ads some time ago, but they seem to have disappeared.
I think someone wrote a story of the Daily Planet bosses insisting that Lois and Clark pose for milk ads, along with Superman. The author made up the pictures too. I remember there was one with all three characters...

I just wish I could remember the title of the fic... blush
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/24/04 10:53 PM
I just wish I could remember the title of the fic...
I think the story you're talking about *might* be Photo Shoot by Carol M.

- Laura smile

PS Great job with the pictures! They are so cute!
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/25/04 03:31 PM
Well, I found this one:

An "A" for Effort (by Jennifer Eagan-Dixon)

...but it's not the plot you describe. It's more about peanut butter and jelly than milk, and it's pretty funny. There is a description of an ad with the slogan, "Milk, it does a body good" at the end of the story.

----

And just now I read the one Laura found, Photo Shoot-- thanks for finding it, Laura-- and I enjoyed it. My version of the "Lane and Kent" ad is amazingly similar to Carol's description. And it sounds like we may have chosen some of the same photos. I've always liked the photos of Dean as Clark (and Dean as Dean laugh ) in the blue denim.

I'm still trying to figure out the "perfect" slogan to put Lex in one of the ads.

`Toc
Posted By: MaraElaineKent Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/23/06 12:56 PM
awesome ads. I would've loved to see them in actualy magazines. I probably would've saved them. But anyway, very realistic. Good slogans, good pics. Good job!
Posted By: Lolly Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/23/06 02:33 PM
these photos are so funny!! I couldn't stop to laugh goofy
Posted By: malu Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/23/06 05:31 PM
Here\'s the link to Photo Shoot by Carol M. on Annesplace with the pictures. Cute. smile

malu
Posted By: TOC Re: The Milk Ads, part 1 - 03/25/06 09:56 AM
I adore the pictures! They are just lovely!!!
jump

Ann
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards