Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR Green-Eyed Monster (Complete) - 07/05/11 02:09 PM
Green-Eyed Monster
Written by: Virginia R.

Description: This is a "what if" story: What if there was no Daily Planet? What if everyone worked in the service industry instead of the news business? What if Clark never made it to college? What if Clark was raised in Metropolis and Lois in Smallville? What if canon Tempus visited this Lois and told her that she would fall in love with a 'flying, super strong, super fast Superman' before Superman had yet made his first public appearance? What would she do? This is romantic comedy starring Lois and Clark, set in another dimension (of course!), but not alt-dimension.

Disclaimer: Inspired by the characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and portrayed on the Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman television series, developed by Deborah Joy LeVine. Many thanks to all the writers on the show, especially Deborah Joy LeVine, Dan Levine, Jack Weinstein, Lee Hutson, Brad Kern, Tim Minear, Eugene Ross-Leming, Brad Buckner, Thania St. John, and John McNamara and many other scriptwriters from whom I quote directly. Other than their borrowed dialogue, this story is entirely my own.

Music Disclaimers: The following songs, mentioned in my story, were in no way written or performed by me. I thank the artists for inspiring me. We Will Rock You and Flash!, written by Brian May, performed by Queen. Don't Stop Me Now!, written by Freddie Mercury and performed by Queen. Singing in the Rain - Sung by Gene Kelly from the movie by the same name, lyrics by Arthur Freed, music by Nacio Herb Brown. Blue Suede Shoes, written by Carl Perkins, sung by Elvis Presley. These Boots are Made for Walkin', written by Lee Hazelwood, sung by Nancy Sinatra. Get Down Tonight, written by Harry Wayne Casey and Richard Finch, performed by KC & the Sunshine Band. Chapel of Love written by Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich, and Phil Spector, performed by The Dixie Cups. Age of Aquarius / Let the Sun Shine In, written by James Rado, Gerome Ragni, and Galt MacDermot, performed by the Fifth Dimension. Holding Out For A Hero, written by Jim Steinman and Dean Pitchford, performed by Bonnie Tyler. Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind? by John Sebastian, performed by The Loving Spoonful. When A Man Loves a Woman by Calvin Lewis and Andrew Wright, performed by Percy Sledge. Fly Like an Eagle written by Steve Miller and Steve McCarty, performed by the Steve Miller Band. Bad Moon Rising written by John Fogerty, performed by Creedence Clearwater Revival. The Flame written by Bob Mitchell and Nick Graham, performed by Cheap Trick. I Got Lucky in the Rain – by James McHugh / Harold Adamson, Sung by Peggy Lee. The Lady is a Tramp – by Rodgers and Hart for the musical “Babes in Arms”, sung by Dame Shirley Bassey. I’m Beginning to See the Light – by Duke Ellington, Harry James, Johnny Hodges, & Don George, Sung by Peggy Lee. Why Don’t You Do Right? – written by Kansas Joe McCoy, Sung by Peggy Lee. New Kid in Town performed by the Eagles, written by Don Henley, Glenn Frey and J.D. Souther. I Feel the Earth Move written and performed by Carole King. For Once in My Life, performed by Michael Buble, written by Ron Miller and Orlando Murden. Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone written and performed by Bill Withers. All of Me written by Gerald Marks and Seymour Simons, performed by Billie Holiday. I’d Really Love to See You Tonight written by Parker McGee, performed by England Dan and John Ford Coley. Wind Beneath My Wings written by Jeff Silbar and Larry Henley, performed by Bette Midler. Take a Chance on Me written and performed by ABBA. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough written by Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson, performed by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell. Earth Girls are Easy written by Julie Brown, Charles Coffey, Terrence McNally, and Sterling Smith, performed by Julie Brown.

Gratitude: I would like to Lynn S.M.'s muse for graciously stepping into the role of Lois Lane's inner (passionate) thoughts after she completed her work on With Apologies to Female Hawk . And for AntiKryptonite for letting me borrow her inspiration of Clark's discomfort with the smell of blood from Four Scents Worth . Thanks also to Bobbart (especially Rumors ) for inspiring me. I would also like to thank my Beta Readers, Lynn, DW, and Iolanthe, for their generous chuckles and LOLs. Your laughter has kept me going.... and going... and going... Thank you.

Rating: Definitely PG-13 for language and romantic situations (not for violence)

Length: 37 Parts + Epilogue

Author's Note: 10/15/2014 - I have fixed all the broken links within each story part (and below). I did not double check all the links to outside references, so if you find any of those broken, please PM me (or comment in the appropriate FDK thread) and I'll fix them as I am able. Thank you for reading. smile

Part 1
Comments

Part 2
Comments

Part 3
Comments

Part 4
Comments

Part 5
Comments

Part 6
Comments