Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Toomi8 Group Re-Watch? - 08/12/22 02:10 AM
Would there be any interest in a group re-watch?

Here's what I was thinking...

We can do one episode a week, starting in September, taking breaks over Christmas and other holidays as needed.
You don't have to watch it the same time as anyone else. We'd have a discussion thread for that week's episode, and the following week, a new thread would start for the next episode, also having a table of contents to easily access the episode thread.
There could be discussion points, fic recommendations, plot bunnies let loose, trivia, artwork etc. Pretty much anything that pertains to that episode.
If you don't have access to the episodes, you can still join in with the discussion as I'm sure we know most of these episodes quite well!

Any thoughts?
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/12/22 11:20 AM
That's a wonderful idea. Its been a few years since I watched the show, and I've been meaning to do a rewatch. It would definitely be more fun it were with a group of other fans. I'm in.
Posted By: Songbird Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/12/22 06:23 PM
Great idea! I’m in though there are some episodes I just can’t watch again for various reasons but I’ll join in the discussion.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/12/22 08:20 PM
This does sound like fun (and a workable approach). I was thinking of rewatching anyway sometime in the near future. Of course, possibly faster than an episode a week blush Oh well... I still also need to find time to participate shock Looking forward to the hubbub.

There's also a little side project I want to do while rewatching: documenting pertinent information about settings, facts, etc that are helpful when doing fics.

wave Michael
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/12/22 10:50 PM
There's also a little side project I want to do while rewatching: documenting pertinent information about settings, facts, etc that are helpful when doing fics.
Ooh... That sounds as though you might be gracing us with some new fiction (I hope). Do you have a specific story idea in mind, or will this just be general research?

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/13/22 07:49 AM
Ooh... That sounds as though you might be gracing us with some new fiction (I hope).
[Linked Image]

Do you have a specific story idea in mind, or will this just be general research?
Down the road, there's a 1.5-seasons spanning arc that probably could use good good background material. But it's also in general, you never know when you want to know the color of Clark's bedroom, check up on Lois's living bathroom wall *) or get some life fact straight.

*) No, I don't mean fungi, she actually does have a ton of vines or ivy growing in her bathroom. Maybe it's because there's enough residual moisture in the air to sustain lush plant live, or she got a new roommate (we never saw on the show) after her sister moved out, so she can pay rent. I heard, Ms. Pamela Isley has a very outgoing personality and no interest in Superman or Clark, which makes her a perfect roommate for Lois.

:wave Michael
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/13/22 11:05 AM
Intriguing, Michael. Very intriguing.
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/13/22 12:41 PM
A rewatch sounds like fun. Count FarmerBabe and me in.
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/13/22 03:22 PM
Sounds like a fun idead. It's around three years or so that I watched all the episodes so a refresh might be good...and it sounds like a a lot of fun. Count me in.
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/15/22 05:32 AM
Woohoo! So glad there's some interest.

For a start week, how does the week of September 4th sound, or is the week of September 11th better? Does starting on a Sunday or Monday matter?
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/15/22 01:05 PM
Either day of the week and either week works for me.
Posted By: bakasi Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/15/22 04:38 PM
I try and join, too.
Posted By: Penny_Lane Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/15/22 05:56 PM
I will try to join when I can also. Either week is fine with me. Either start day works for me.
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: Group Re-Watch? - 08/27/22 04:58 AM
Awesome.

I’ll set up the first episode thread for Sept 4! Looking forward to this.
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Group Re-Watch? - 09/11/22 04:26 AM
Hi, everyone!!

I just wanted to comment here and let everyone know that the group re-watch discussion threads will be posted in the Lois & Clark-specific forum a bit further down under the TOCs! There is a pinned post in there to host the TOC for all the episode discussion threads, and then each episode will have its own thread in that forum.

Let’s have fun!!

Here’s the first one: The Pilot

Sara smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards