Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Blueowl Looking for an ancient fic - 12/09/21 01:57 AM
Hi,

The fic I'm hunting for is of Superman Returns so I hope that's okay.... I've been hunting for it off and on for years and my only hope is that someone on here actually downloaded it and is willing to share it with me....

Well, it was written in 2006 or so by Saavikam and it was called Superman: Aftermath. I did find Saavikam's livejournal, but it doesn't seem to be active anymore and the links to the parts and downloads have long since expired cry. There's only the first 20 or so parts but the fic is over 50 parts.
Does anyone have this? If so, please let me know and I'll send you my email so you can email it to me, or a link to it, whichever. I'll be forever grateful! notworthy
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Looking for an ancient fic - 12/09/21 08:16 AM
IDK whether that's helpful, but do you know the adress it was once available at? If so, you could check out if someone savet that one for the web Archive/Wayback Machine.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: Looking for an ancient fic - 12/10/21 02:17 AM
No luck, just tried it. I know it was on The Planet but that website is dead now. Sigh.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: Looking for an ancient fic - 12/11/21 12:33 AM
If you know the URL for The Planet, you can put it into the Wayback Machine and see what other pages from the site might have been saved.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: Looking for an ancient fic - 12/11/21 12:46 AM
I got curious, so I went looking. I found this, which has the prologue and the first 23 chapters of the story you're looking for.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: Looking for an ancient fic - 12/11/21 01:36 AM
Yeah, I just really want the rest of the story .... whinging
Posted By: Dandello Re: Looking for an ancient fic - 12/11/21 02:12 PM
Saavikam77 has (had) accounts at Fanfiction.net and Livejournal. Assuming the writer is still around, there's a possibility they might be contacted through one of those sites.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: Looking for an ancient fic - 12/12/21 03:16 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked but it looks like they're no longer active at all frown Sigh. Oh well.
Maybe one day someone who has the complete story will see this thread and help me out grovel
Posted By: Annie B. Re: Looking for an ancient fic - 12/12/21 05:00 AM
I think the author is still active on Tumblr.
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Looking for an ancient fic - 12/12/21 11:06 AM
Apparently, the author also has an account on AO3. Maybe you can contact them there.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Saavikam77
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Looking for an ancient fic - 06/26/23 09:17 PM
Bumping this up because tehir might be hope after al - the author responded to requests for the fic on LJ in Jan. 2023, saying they are considering to re-upload the fic on AO3 after some clean-up edits. As up to now that hasn't happened, but who knows, maybe one day...
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards