Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: bakasi Christmas Ficathon? - 11/21/21 09:08 AM
Hey guys, would anyone be interested in a Christmas ficathon? Sort of like giving each other presents? Even if you're not into celebrating Christmas, everyone likes presents, don't you?

So, would anyone join the party?
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/21/21 12:05 PM
I'm game. I only participated in one ficathon before, but it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for reviving the idea; I hope lots of others join in.
Posted By: Kathryn84 Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/21/21 12:24 PM
I’m in too, although I can’t promise anything lengthwise.
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/21/21 12:58 PM
So this is like a Secret Santa just with L&c fanfics? How does that work then? You request some stuff like a Setting or something that should be in the fic, and someone else writes it?
Posted By: bakasi Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/21/21 01:43 PM
Yeah, participants! Usually, you choose three things you want in your fic, and three things you don't want. I'd say that the fics don't have to be seasonal, but if you so choose you can also write a little Christmas WAFF.

I'm going to volunteer to receive the story requests and send out the assignments.

My mail is: bakasi_dick@hotmail.com

Everyone okay with next Saturday as the deadline? I'll accept all e-mails that have been sent to me by 7. p.m. CET (Central European Time).
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/21/21 03:42 PM
Ah, sounds cool. Count me in!
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/22/21 06:07 PM
Oh, heck... count me in! I'll send you an email!
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/22/21 08:59 PM
Ooooh, a ficathon! How I've missed those!

Count me in!
Posted By: bakasi Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/23/21 04:34 PM
Thanks to all who have sent me their requests. We have six participants, so far. I'll send out the assignments on Saturday, 27th of November after the deadline has expired.

Just in case anyone needs clarification. The finished stories should be posted on the boards like this:

Ficathon: Storytitle (for username)

The story length is up to the author. It's customary to include the requests in an author's note, somewhere

I'd suggest that we post the stories between the 24th of December and the 6th of January if that's all right with everybody.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/23/21 04:38 PM
That works for me, Barbara. Thanks again for organizing this; it should be fun. smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/23/21 06:26 PM
Sounds good! laugh
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/23/21 08:27 PM
Works for me. I'll send you a mail throughout the next days.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/24/21 04:51 PM
I've sent in an email to sign up. (and I'm really pretty excited about this now. teehee!)
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/25/21 08:00 PM
You should've received a mail form me. I'm sure that will be a lot of fun. 's great to seehow this brings some Veteran writers from the boards back into Action.
Posted By: bakasi Re: Christmas Ficathon? - 11/25/21 08:53 PM
Yes, indeed. What you sent me is fine, Blindpassenger. Okay, everybody, we've got nine or ten writers so far. If anyone else is interested, please send your e-mail sometime tomorrow. I'm sending out the assignments Saturday evening - my evening, which should be morning or noon for most of you
Posted By: bakasi Re: Christmas Ficathon! Assignments are out - 11/27/21 07:46 PM
Okay guys, time is up. Everyone who wrote me an e-mail should have received one with a prompt now. I tried to somewhat match the prompts to what I think author's would be comfortable writing. I hope no-one has serious trouble answering their prompt or finds it unacceptable in any way. Hope you'll all enjoy writing. I'm looking forward to reading the stories.
Hi Bakasi,

Could I have a clarification, please? Should the title look like this:

Ficathon: Story Title (1/1) (for username)

or like this:

Ficathon: Story Title (for username) (1/1)

Or if the entire story first in a single part, should the part numbers simply be eliminated?

Thanks,
Lynn
Posted By: bakasi Re: Christmas Ficathon! Assignments are out - 12/03/21 05:40 AM
I'd be fine with both options. It should just be clear that the story is part of the ficathon and for whom it is.
Thanks for the clarification, Barbara. With that, my second draft is now complete. You definitely matched prompt to author perfectly in my case. The story practically wrote itself. smile

Hey guys!
Are we posting yet?
Posted By: bakasi Re: Christmas Ficathon! Assignments are out - 12/22/21 06:53 PM
I thought we'd start posting on Friday, 24th. But if the majority agrees with posting earlier, I won't object.
That's fine, I just wondered if there would be some other arrangement, like we each get days assigned or anything.
If not, I'll wait until the 24th as planned. smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards