Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Toomi8 Searching for a fic - 10/11/21 01:39 AM
Happy (Canadian!) Thanksgiving!

I’m looking for a fic and don’t have much to go on. The only bit I remember is Lois is hanging onto a pier support in freezing water at night, while, or after, witnessing a crime on the pier. Superman rescues her as she’s giving up. It may be an nfic?

Any suggestions would be great.
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Searching for a fic - 10/11/21 07:53 AM
Hey Tommi8,
Not sure, but could it be "Curiosity killed the Reporter" by ML Thompson? At least in this one Lois runs over a Pier next t a Hotel, gets shot and therefore falls into the cold water. That's the only one coming to mind yet. If not, it's still worth a read IMO.
Posted By: PuffyTiger Re: Searching for a fic - 10/12/21 03:16 AM
'The Next Step' nfic by Sue S has a scene like this
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: Searching for a fic - 10/12/21 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Hey Tommi8,
Not sure, but could it be "Curiosity killed the Reporter" by ML Thompson? At least in this one Lois runs over a Pier next t a Hotel, gets shot and therefore falls into the cold water. That's the only one coming to mind yet. If not, it's still worth a read IMO.

It wasn’t that one, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you.
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: Searching for a fic - 10/12/21 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
'The Next Step' nfic by Sue S has a scene like this

Ahhhhhhh! Yes! Fantastic. Thank you.

I ‘write’ scenes in my head while I’m working and then run home and type them up. A scene completely unrelated to any fic I’m currently writing took over my thoughts this weekend and I had a horrible feeling I’d read something similar before. I wanted to find that moment to figure out if I was writing a memory of another story, or coming up with something different.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards