Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: amciotola Sorry for the glitch ... - 05/11/17 01:51 AM
There was a problem with the server that hosts all of our sites. I called them and they did a reboot and everything should be back to normal.

Thanks for being patient.
Posted By: LMA Re: Sorry for the glitch ... - 05/11/17 02:01 AM
Thank YOU for all you do for us! clap notworthy clap notworthy clap

Laura
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Sorry for the glitch ... - 05/11/17 02:08 AM
Thank you, Annette! I panicked when I saw the message that the site was unavailable; I hadn't remembered the time frame for how long we had money to fund the site, and I was afraid that that message was the beginning of the end for lcficmbs.com

If anyone reading this doesn't want to see a similar message in the future, then please consider donating to the fundraising campaign for the maintenance of the MB. (We now return you to our regularly scheduled programme...)

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: Sorry for the glitch ... - 05/11/17 02:30 AM
Thanks Annette! smile You ROCK!
Posted By: cuidadora Re: Sorry for the glitch ... - 05/11/17 02:45 AM
Thanks Annette! I didn't even know there was a glitch, and now it's fixed.

You're amazing! clap thumbsup
Posted By: SupesFan Re: Sorry for the glitch ... - 05/11/17 03:28 AM
For those that of us who do not use Paypal, is there somewhere/someone we can send a check or cash to that can be used to support the site?
Posted By: amciotola Re: Sorry for the glitch ... - 05/11/17 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by SupesFan
For those that of us who do not use Paypal, is there somewhere/someone we can send a check or cash to that can be used to support the site?

Drop me an email and I'll give you the address on where to send it.

amciotola at gmail.com

Thanks!
Posted By: amciotola Re: Sorry for the glitch ... - 05/11/17 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Thank you, Annette! I panicked when I saw the message that the site was unavailable; I hadn't remembered the time frame for how long we had money to fund the site, and I was afraid that that message was the beginning of the end for lcficmbs.com

If anyone reading this doesn't want to see a similar message in the future, then please consider donating to the fundraising campaign for the maintenance of the MB. (We now return you to our regularly scheduled programme...)

Joy,
Lynn

No worries, Lynn. We are paid up until April of 2018. The fundraiser is for going forth from there. We try and keep on top of funding so we don't run into an issue where we are down due to payment. This just happened to be a server issue. I was out tonight so I had to call the host instead of chatting with them. That's part of why it took so long.

smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Sorry for the glitch ... - 05/11/17 05:29 AM
Phew! I was worried, too. All I could think was 'I knew I should've donated last weekend! I haven't finished posting my story! I knew I should've written faster! wallbash ' Thanks for setting our minds at ease. (And keep the donation thread pinned up top for those of us who can recall too many details on a story they've been writing for 4+ years, but can't recall what they had for dinner two hours earlier.) *makes note to self and pins it to bill pay folder* Thanks, Annette.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Sorry for the glitch ... - 05/12/17 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by SupesFan
I don't have a paypal account either and the last time around, I think I just used the one-off option with paypal. Sure, you still need to enter your credit card information but at least you don't give them permission to basically take control of your bank account. Still, I wouldn't do even this much business with paypal if it weren't for our boards needing the support smile1

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards