Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram 2017 Kerth Award Winners! - 04/29/17 11:29 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I announce the winners of the 2017 Kerth Awards!

Best Super Short - Muddying The Waters by NostalgiaKick

Best Short -  TIE - Mamihlapinatapei by Susan Young and 1 of 5 by Susan Young  (First time ever that we’ve had an author tie with themselves in a category, FoLCs!)

Best Mid Length - The Wrong Man by NostalgiaKick

Best Long/Epic Length - Airport by Morgana

Best Revelation - End of an Era by Terry Leatherwood

Best Original Character - TIE - Airport by Morgana and Mission on Fifth by Cuidadora

Best First Kiss -  Mamihlapinatapei by Susan Young

Best Comedy -  Tempora Mutantor by Bakasi

Best New Author - Nivafrer

Best Overall -TIE -  Mamihlapinatapei by Susan Young and Airport by Morgana

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees this year!

We hope you all had a great time at the ceremony and we can hardly wait until next year!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: 2017 Kerth Award Winners! - 04/29/17 11:38 PM
Congrats to the winners and nominees, and (to paraphrase LabRat) thanks again to the K-COMM and to the presenters for all their hard work.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: LMA Re: 2017 Kerth Award Winners! - 04/29/17 11:45 PM
C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S !!!!!!

party party party

notworthy notworthy notworthy

clap clap clap

I am so happy for you all! Thanks everyone for all of your hard work! And to all the authors of this fandom, thanks for keeping L&C alive hyper...
Laura
Posted By: groobie Re: 2017 Kerth Award Winners! - 04/30/17 12:09 AM
Thanks to the KComm for keeping the Kerth Awards alive. Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees, and to every author who takes the time to create the pieces of art that continue the story of Lois and Clark for all of us.

I am stunned beyond words, humbled and honored, and truly grateful for the support you have all shown my stories. Thank you, so very much.
Posted By: bakasi Re: 2017 Kerth Award Winners! - 04/30/17 05:47 AM
Thanks to the Kerth Committee for all their hard work. It's great to see that this fandom is still active after so many years.

I still can't believe that one of my stories actually got an award. Thank you so much, guys!
Posted By: cuidadora Re: 2017 Kerth Award Winners! - 04/30/17 02:08 PM
Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make this year's Kerth Awards outstanding. From the Kerth Committee to the presenters to the chat audience it was amazing. Congratulations to all the nominees and winners. clap clap
party

I'm still nearly speechless that Mary Frances tied with Gregory Daae in the Best Original Character category. She is very dear to my heart, and I'm working on more stories with her. Thank you all. hyper

And thank you to all the writers who work long and hard to bring us new stories. clap thumbsup clap

A special thanks to each of you who leave a comment, whether publicly or in a PM, whether a short sentence or even just an emoticon, or a longer in depth comment. Your support means more than you may ever know. And it's more than okay to leave comments long after the story is posted. clap clap

party

Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: 2017 Kerth Award Winners! - 04/30/17 07:59 PM
Wow!

I am seriously astounded by this award. I've sampled a few other fanfic websites, and I'm convinced that this collection of writers is the best on the Web. Being honored in this fashion is truly a superior experience. Thank all of you from the bottom of my heart, and I hope to keep meeting you on the boards.
Posted By: Morgana Re: 2017 Kerth Award Winners! - 04/30/17 11:39 PM
Amazing.

Last night's awards were funny and different. We had a cool bunch of guest stars, even if some of them were stealing the microphone!

Again, thanks to everyone and all the winners for writing about a couple who truly encourage us to write stories about journalism, a gentle superhero and most of all love.

Oh yeah, just a note of acknowledgement to an outstanding beta: UltraWoman, she has read every single story I have ever written. Sometimes waiting months between chapters! Talk about patience! Thanks Andreia!

Also, thanks to everyone who comments! All the writers on this site deeply appreciate it!
Posted By: nivafrer Re: 2017 Kerth Award Winners! - 05/01/17 01:48 AM
Wow, thanks, guys!! Congrats to all the other winners! I know I really enjoyed this year's stories!! And thanks to all the GE's and folks who put on the Kerths. You guys are needed!!

I'm sad I wasn't able to make the awards. My computer died--days of writing missed! frown On the plus side, baking the graphics card did make it functional again--at least for now.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards