Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/02/17 05:43 AM
I'm happy to announce that the 2017 Kerth Awards are underway!

The organising committee for this year contains (thus far) myself and Deadly Chakram. It's our first time organising the Kerths, and we're really looking forward to it.

Huge thanks go to Annette, who is looking after the website for us. We'd also like to thank Lauren, Pat and Dawn who helped us compile the list of eligible stories; folc4evernaday for some very valuable technical help; and Morgana and CLeuch for getting the ball rolling.

Due to time constraints, we've had to make the decision to skip the quizzes that normally run in the lead up to the awards. It was a reluctant decision; the quizzes give everyone a chance to read or re-read the stories that are eligible, but unfortunately we just do not have time this year. Hopefully, the quizzes will be reinstated next year.

This year's schedule runs as follows:

Nominations will run from midnight the 11th of March until midnight the 18th of March

Voting will run from midnight the 8th of April to midnight the 15th of April

Ceremony will be on the 29th of April at a time to be decided.
All times are US central time (GMT/UTC-15)

Thank you, everyone, for your support!
Posted By: Morgana Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/02/17 09:00 PM
What an exciting time for all FoLC's! party

I am going to contact a few people and let them know the Kerth are happening! Thanks again for jumping in and making this happen!
Posted By: Kathryn84 Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/02/17 09:18 PM
Guys you are really great!

jump
Posted By: LMA Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/03/17 01:24 AM
Thrilled! Beyond thrilled dance clap hyper dance clap hyper!

Thank you guys for all the work, I'm sure, that is going into keeping the Kerth's alive. I'm so happy that the tradition continues smile.

Really enjoyed looking at the list of all of the stories from the last year. And that reminds me, I have GOT to get reading ASAP shock...

Thanks so much everyone. Amazing job! thumbsup
Laura

Posted By: LabRat Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/03/17 01:31 AM
I know we're past this stage now, but for future reference, just thought I'd correct this:

Regarding the list:
Usually, it starts with the Archive database: http://www.lcfanfic.com/ficdatabase.html
Unfortunately, it's only up to date to Sept. 2015 mecry When we have the current list, there should definitely be an effort to also update the Archive database.

We've never actually used the database for this purpose. Previously, the eligible stories list has been kicked off by my sending K-Comm a basic starter list of all the stories uploaded to the Archive in that year. This list was drawn from my Archive GE spreadsheet. I'm more than willing to continue to do this from next year onwards, if it's of use. Just mail me when it's required.

The database is updated to no regular schedule, but as and when either myself and Lauren get a spare moment to do so. But, as it happens, I have an update ready to go that I'll be sending Lauren next week.

LabRat smile
Posted By: CLeuch Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/03/17 06:37 PM
Regarding Kerth quizzes: is this an all or nothing thing? I might be willing to post a couple, tho I would probably stick to a category where I don't need to read for two months straight to get caught up on all the eligible stories (like comedy or one of the other smallish categories). We get a few us of helping out with that and we might be able to get through most of the categories...

What does everyone else think? The quizzes are one of the best parts on the season...would be a shame to completely go without them.

-Cindy
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/03/17 07:08 PM
Hi Labby, thanks for clearing that one up. I thought it was the same database smile

Cindy, I don't know about the rest of the gang, but to me, just some quizzes sure beats no quizzes smile1

/refrains from doing an embarrassing happy dance at the idea of quizzes/

wave Michael
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/04/17 12:03 AM
I'm certainly not opposed to a few quizzes. They are always fun and a good memory refresher. Unfortunately, RL is a bit hectic for me, so I won't be able to make any up myself, but I'm always ready to participate in ones that do get posted.
Posted By: Morgana Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/04/17 12:16 AM
Same here. Quizzes are a great part of Kerth Season, but RL won't allow me to work on any. help
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/04/17 12:56 AM
Lack of time is the problem, not lack of willingness.

On top of the time it takes to write the quizzes (which I quite frankly cannot do), in previous years they've been run one per week in the lead up to nominations. We have about a week till nominations open.

I like the quizzes too. If someone wants to volunteer to write some quizzes and run them, maybe we can run them all at once or something?
Posted By: groobie Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/04/17 02:54 AM
I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. My current job has me swamped. I can't create the quizzes like I have the past two years, and we're running out of time before nominations anyway. However, I will create one SuperQuiz and will post it Sunday night. It will have a quote from every author who posted any story last year - a sample of all of the hard work that has gone into keeping this fandom alive. smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/04/17 02:56 AM
Oh, that sounds great! And totally challenging! Thanks, Groobie!!! laugh
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/04/17 03:15 AM
Groobie, that's awesome!!! Thank you!
Posted By: LMA Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/04/17 03:12 PM
Awesome Groobie!!! sloppy That sounds like a wonderful way to showcase all of the amazing talent that has gone into these stories clap clap clap...

Laura
Posted By: Morgana Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/04/17 07:03 PM
Thanks!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Kerth Awards 2017 Banner - 03/04/17 10:05 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Kerth Awards 2017 Banner - 03/04/17 10:07 PM
Thank you! It looks awesome!
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: Kerth Awards 2017 Banner - 03/04/17 10:11 PM
Yay, that looks great!

Thanks Folc4evernaday!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Kerth Awards 2017 Banner - 03/04/17 11:28 PM
As a certain photographer would say, "Smooth!"

Thanks!

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: LMA Re: Kerth Awards 2017 - 03/05/17 12:27 AM
I LOVE that banner notworthy notworthy notworthy !

Great job!
Laura
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: Kerth Awards 2017 Banner - 03/05/17 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Thank you! It looks awesome!

Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Yay, that looks great!

Thanks Folc4evernaday!

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
As a certain photographer would say, "Smooth!"

Thanks!

Joy,
Lynn

Originally Posted by LMA
I LOVE that banner notworthy notworthy notworthy !

Great job!
Laura

Thanks everyone! Glad you like the banner. It was a lot of fun to make. smile hyper thumbsup
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards