Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LaurenW List of episode acronyms? - 12/31/16 11:50 PM
I was thinking it'd be a good idea to post a list of episode acronyms on the archive -- because authors often reference episode titles this way in their story intros, and new readers might appreciate having a key. I used to have a list of all the episode acronyms, but now I can't find it. Anybody got such a list lying around and willing to share?

Thanks much, and Happy New Year!

-- LaurenW
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: List of episode acronyms? - 01/01/17 12:34 AM
I made a Note program listing them since I was always getting lost. Let's see... (a little moving around later)...

Okay, I've moved it to a Google Sheets document. Here's the link: LnC Episode Guide w/ Abv.

Also included on this episode list are some A-Plot & B-Plot, and a list of Important Guest Characters who were in that episode. As you can see from what's there, I didn't finish inputting the data. blush At least the Episode Abv. are listed (which was why I had made the list in the first place.) I've made it an editable sheet; therefore, if you want to add data you should be able to do so. Hope that helps. smile

If you've never worked with Google Docs / Sheets before, please be aware that ANY changes you make will be saved and permanent (until someone else changes it). Therefore, be wary of any changes you do make. Thanks!
Posted By: LaurenW Re: List of episode acronyms? - 01/01/17 12:48 AM
Thank you so much, Virginia!

Is it OK with you if I copy out and post the abbreviations part on the archive?

It's been so long since I've watched the DVDs that I would be of little help filling in the information about A-plots, B-plots and guest characters -- though I think that's a great idea! Maybe someone reading here can pitch in.

Isn't Google great? I use their Docs and Sheets too.

Best wishes,

-- Lauren

(New Year's resolution: Must re-watch DVDs.)
Posted By: Artemis Re: List of episode acronyms? - 01/01/17 02:38 AM
Well, that's cool, but it is only the first season. Am I missing something somewhere?
regards
Artemis
Posted By: LaurenW Re: List of episode acronyms? - 01/01/17 03:51 AM
She's put each season on its own sheet, sort of like putting it on its own page. There are tabs at the bottom to navigate among the sheets.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: List of episode acronyms? - 01/01/17 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by LaurenW
Thank you so much, Virginia!

Is it OK with you if I copy out and post the abbreviations part on the archive?
You're welcome. Yes, feel free. I included all that information because Notes wouldn't let me copy and past vertically only horizontally and I was trying to be quick. LOL.

Originally Posted by LaurenW
She's put each season on its own sheet, sort of like putting it on its own page. There are tabs at the bottom to navigate among the sheets.
Yes, Artemis, Lauren is correct. Each season is on it's own tab. Sorry, I should've mentioned that. When you work in a program a lot, you tend to forget that others don't know what you know.
Posted By: Morgana Re: List of episode acronyms? - 01/01/17 10:07 AM
This is a great resource. Thanks VirginiaR!
Posted By: LaurenW Re: List of episode acronyms? - 01/01/17 07:16 PM
Thanks again, Virginia!
Posted By: Artemis Re: List of episode acronyms? - 01/03/17 02:51 AM
Ah Ha! Thanks for the word.
Got them!
Artemis
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards