Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram DA Clemmons' First Name? - 07/08/16 08:24 PM
Does anyone remember if DA Clemmons, from The People vs. Lois Lane and Dead Lois Walking ever had his first name mentioned? I'm working on something and, while it isn't necessary, I'm not loving constantly referring to him as just Clemmons. And I don't want to make up a name if there is an official one out there.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Mike M Re: DA Clemmons' First Name? - 07/08/16 08:33 PM
IMDB has it as D.A. Michael Clemmons portrayed by Granville Van Dusen. The scripts only refer to Clemmons...

Mike
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: DA Clemmons' First Name? - 07/08/16 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mike M
IMDB has it as D.A. Michael Clemmons portrayed by Granville Van Dusen. The scripts only refer to Clemmons...

Mike

Thanks, Mike! That's very helpful. Oddly enough, I was kind of leaning toward the name Michael if I had to make up a name. I have checked the script and didn't see it, and with this being the house with toddlers who refuse to nap, I didn't have time to check the actual episodes.

<pins Hero medal on Mike's lapel>
Posted By: Mike M Re: DA Clemmons' First Name? - 07/08/16 09:22 PM
Thanks but no problem. I was looking for something to do instead of working... I have no idea where IMDB got this from because like you I checked the script text and his first name is never referenced.

IMDB is a crowd sourced database but instead of being open to anyone, the crowd must pay a fee and the information is at least somewhat verified before posting. Most of the information seems to come from the actors/producers themselves which makes it a different kind of crowd than Wikipedia.

Mike

Posted By: Dandello Re: DA Clemmons' First Name? - 07/08/16 10:27 PM
From my personal experience in another fandom - IMDB has been known to use character names given in fanfiction (or other fan sources) to fill in blanks. (Seriously, I gave an unnamed character a name in a novelized scene and later discovered that was now character's name in the IMDB.)

BTW, I'm partal to Grant Clemmons, myself.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: DA Clemmons' First Name? - 07/09/16 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by Dandello
From my personal experience in another fandom - IMDB has been known to use character names given in fanfiction (or other fan sources) to fill in blanks. (Seriously, I gave an unnamed character a name in a novelized scene and later discovered that was now character's name in the IMDB.)

BTW, I'm partal to Grant Clemmons, myself.

Too funny, Dandello! (And totally weird too!)
Posted By: Morgana Re: DA Clemmons' First Name? - 07/10/16 11:17 AM
Hmmm maybe Grant Clemmons would be the better name? Just a suggestion! goofy
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: DA Clemmons' First Name? - 07/11/16 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by Morgana
Hmmm maybe Grant Clemmons would be the better name? Just a suggestion! goofy

Went with Michael. I liked the flow. smile Not an important detail in any case.
Posted By: cuidadora Re: DA Clemmons' First Name? - 10/08/16 02:16 AM
I know this is late. Just watched the episodes. A TV newscast has the scroll at the bottom of the screen giving his first name as Michael.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: DA Clemmons' First Name? - 10/08/16 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by cuidadora
I know this is late. Just watched the episodes. A TV newscast has the scroll at the bottom of the screen giving his first name as Michael.

Sweet, thanks! I did go with that, so I feel awesome about this news. smile
Posted By: Dandello Re: DA Clemmons' First Name? - 10/08/16 10:02 PM
Ack! Luckily I only have one WIP where Clemmons shows up.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards