Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LabRat Fanfic Archive - Author Bios - 05/19/15 10:29 AM
Morning, FoLCs smile

As some of you may already know, many moons ago Annesplace hosted author bios, under the banner of Writer's Showcase .

Lauren and I, with Annette’s generous co-operation, thought it might be nice to try something similar for the Fanfic Archive. If you’re an author and you’re interested in participating, here’s how it will work:

1. Fill in the handy questionnaire below. Obviously, the more detail you can include, the better.

2. Once complete, post your bio here on this thread.

3. Lauren will then insert a live link to your bio post beneath your name on the Archive.

All authors are welcome to participate – old, new, veteran…think you’re not a ‘real’ author because you’ve only written two vignettes? Who cares! laugh We want to hear from you anyway! smile1

So, have some fun and enjoy!

LabRat smile

Posted By: LabRat Re: Fanfic Archive - Author Bios - 05/19/15 10:30 AM
AUTHOR BIO QUESTIONAIRE:

Your name or pen name

Your online contact info you don't mind sharing in an open forum (email, homepage, social media addresses)

What part of the world do you call home?

How long have you been a fan of Superman?

Did you watch Lois & Clark when it was airing, or did you come to it in reruns or on DVD?

Are you involved in other areas of the fandom besides writing fanfic? (Do you frequent other sites, chat on IRC, subscribe to email lists, or do something else?)

How long have you been writing?

What inspired you to write L&C fanfic?

What about L&C and the characters do you like the most?

What's your favorite story you've written and why?

What are your current projects?

What's your personal pick of other fanfic you've read?

Describe the elements of fanfic you like most ... (comedy, drama, romance, revelation, exploration of superpowers, something else, etc.)

What do you think makes for a good story?

Has everything been done in your opinion? If not, what is left?

Where is the best place for readers to locate your work? (If it's on the archive, we recommend you use the URL of the link that jumps directly to your author heading. If you want to point to your posts here on these message boards, get the URL by clicking on your username, then the option to view posts; another way to do that is to view your profile to find your member number and then tack that number onto the end of this URL: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/ )

Open forum for your thoughts on fanfic:
Posted By: BlindPassenger Re: Fanfic Archive - Author Bios - 01/17/19 06:12 PM
Whas this project ever realized? Can't find anything loke this on the archive.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Fanfic Archive - Author Bios - 03/08/19 04:43 PM
We didn’t get a single response from any author, sadly. No questionnaires were filled in.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: Fanfic Archive - Author Bios - 03/11/19 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by LabRat
We didn’t get a single response from any author, sadly. No questionnaires were filled in.

Is this still something you and Lauren would like to do? I think we can at least bump the thread to try and get some responses from authors.

Posted By: Shallowford Re: Fanfic Archive - Author Bios - 03/11/19 08:56 AM
I'm interested. I'd like to know more about the community and what types of minds are coming up with these stories. wink

It'll take a week or so for me to fill out the questionaire, but it is coming.
Posted By: Endelda Re: Fanfic Archive - Author Bios - 03/12/19 03:19 AM
Working on it! smile
Posted By: Christina Re: Fanfic Archive - Author Bios - 03/12/19 11:20 PM
Maybe at some point I'll respond to it.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Fanfic Archive - Author Bios - 03/18/19 05:41 PM
Sure. If anyone has a filled in questionaire just emaill it to me.

LabRat smile

UPDATE: Lauren has suggested, for several good reasons, that authors post completed bios here on the mbs. For one thing, it means it’s easier to update and edit as suits you. Lauren will then put a link to your bio under your author entry on the Fanfic Archive.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Fanfic Archive - Author Bios - 08/05/19 03:10 PM
Just bumping this up so the update registers.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards